Who is from the DMV?

Idaeo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DC
DC/Nova crew....where's a dope barbershop who won't fukk my shyt up. I'm looking like this :lolbron: right now since im cutting my own shyt

Cutz on the Hill ain't too bad....its in Capitol Hill

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
You never heard somebody call somebody else "champ"?

Somebody might say "moe, you champ as shyt" it just mean you corny basically

damn i miss home :to:. Our lingo is the best. (even tho i got a philly accent)

Naw I never heard no nut ass shyt like that you must be drawing bul. Sike naw, but fo real I never heard that shyt just "bama" and "gump" was what we used for corny. Or "you up outta there" or some shyt like that. That's the best part about this place the slang varies from location.

dabestkeptsecret

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
jerz
DC/Nova crew....where's a dope barbershop who won't fukk my shyt up. I'm looking like this :lolbron: right now since im cutting my own shyt
I cant believe how bad a lot of these barbers down here are. I thought this being chocolate city:mjpls: There would be a barbershop everywhere. Theres a good one right across the street from howard. But that shyt is always packed and driving there from va, and trying to find parking was a bytch. I went to a couple others with some being barely ok to just messing up my hairline:pacspit:
Just started going to this spot in alexandria. Went to 2 different barbers, both of them good. :obama:

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
I cant believe how bad a lot of these barbers down here are. I thought this being chocolate city:mjpls: There would be a barbershop everywhere. Theres a good one right across the street from howard. But that shyt is always packed and driving there from va, and trying to find parking was a bytch. I went to a couple others with some being barely ok to just messing up my hairline:pacspit:
Just started going to this spot in alexandria. Went to 2 different barbers, both of them good. :obama:

My barbers are pros, it's a lot of good barbers out there. Which shop you goin to across from Howard? It's gotta be the one by Euclid next to Listenvision and all them little restaurants. Them joints aight, the one closer to Euclid is one I been to before the nikka Moe is a good barber. :ehh:

All Knowledge

Speak up...
Daps
Reppin
Belo Horizante
DC: 34th & Minnesota Ave, I hear the kids calling the area 'Mactown' when I go home :smugdraper:

Learned and seen a lot of shyt on them streets:to:

nomoreneveragain

Superstar
Daps

Theres a Barbershop/Salon in a run down looking Spanish plaza on George Mason and Arlington Bvld

It's a spanish joint, So both the females and male barbers cut hair but there is one dominican guy that people wait on line for His Name is Pedro, he's on point. He doesn't work everyday tho.

I go to sports clips or let an Asian Women cut my hair, 1 or 0 on the side, fade with the militant beard. Leave the Top as is

ExpensiveThrillz

Head In The Cloudz
Daps
Reppin
The Free & The Uplifted
I ain't seen a part of Minnesota Ave that wasn't raw.

lmao I used to live over there Kenilworth near Mayfair....raw isn't even the word lls ....and I still park over there to take the metro into work...so I be up n down minn ave daily...be mad as shyt too cuz nikkaz stay walkin cross the street in front the cars like they got bumpers strapped to they ass

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
lmao I used to live over there Kenilworth near Mayfair....raw isn't even the word lls ....and I still park over there to take the metro into work...so I be up n down minn ave daily...be mad as shyt too cuz nikkaz stay walkin cross the street in front the cars like they got bumpers strapped to they ass

Cuz nikkaz don't giveafukk, they wish you would hit em so they could call Greenberg and Bederman on that ass. Ole Saintz and Kirk swindlin ass nikkaz.

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
:banderas:One of ya'll hook a breh up with a job. I just got my certs up. Where can I use this.

"I'm live as thunder cowabaunga the way I'm tossing these certs up."

Last edited:

Smoke

Resident Chubby Chaser
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
804/434
From VA but I'm from the 804 which I don't consider a part of the DMV. We're much more southern than the nikkas up in Northern VA, Maryland etc

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
Suitland ain't far from me, lol your peoples in all the live spots. I never heard of champ being an insult, maybe in that particular area. Usually its old timers calling young nikkaz "champ" or "chief", if you watch Martin enough you'll peep how much DC slang and characters he used on the show. Sheneneh was a typical 90s ratchet from SE for example, you still see some joints that look and act like her now too. But yeah, DMV for you is like what LA is for me I went out there so many times I know the streets pretty decently....I'm cysing I just know how to drive from the airport to my family crib in south central. :laugh:

I'm tryna go to Miami at a certain point, I'ma have my DMV accent on super thick just to fake. If the twang worked for you the slang gon work for me. :sas2:

champ is some young nikka slang. Its kinda like bamma. "Boy champ ass shyt" That move goin be champ"