Who here drives an electric vehicle? Do you regret going electric or nah?

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
I'm REALLY liking what I'm seeing on this Mach-E Premium. Looks like they are trying to get rid of the 23s too with the 24s dropping soon.

I might bite the bullet and get one and give my model 3 to my oldest once he gets his license later this year (silly ass shoulda had it last year :stopitslime: )
Yeah the Mach e is dope… I’m seeing used 16-19 Model S 90D for around 30-35k on the market… I’m not trying to buy brand new but def get back into the EV space with a big sedan for city commuting.. I know Tesla got the MU upgrade too… I can throw some nice 20in aftermarket wheels in that bytch and tint up the windows and I’m Gucci..

I owned a model X previously but traded it in for MB GLS 580

Htrb-nvr-blk-&-ug-as-evr

Black and not crackin’
Supporter
Daps
that's my thing. My prior car was a Nissan Frontier 4 door LE (top line model). With having a home in the south, having a truck is so valuable.

I passed on the Mach-E when I got my model 3 cause it was Ford's first joint and the lack of Supercharger access. A 23 Premium Mach-E gonna run around 54k after taxes right now.

I have a home power charger for my Model 3 as well. I assume I would be able to convert that in reverse?
The ‘23 Mach-Es and Lightnings are all 0% for 72 months right now. If you don’t mind the limitations on the Mach-Es, it’s a great buy. You can get a converter from Amazon for your level 2 charger, no problem. I have a universal charger and luckily the Teslas come with a converter to J1772.

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
that's my thing. My prior car was a Nissan Frontier 4 door LE (top line model). With having a home in the south, having a truck is so valuable.

I passed on the Mach-E when I got my model 3 cause it was Ford's first joint and the lack of Supercharger access. A 23 Premium Mach-E gonna run around 54k after taxes right now.

I have a home power charger for my Model 3 as well. I assume I would be able to convert that in reverse?
It seems like the Tesla Taps available on Amazon seem to work for the most part with the Tesla home chargers for most Mach-E owners in that situation. Although I think most of us just plug in the Level 2 charger that came with the Mach-E into a NEMA 14-50 outlet. I did have one installed at my parents house in NC because NC is still way behind in terms of infrastructure outside of US-95. Ford includes a mobile charger that you can swap between Level 1 or 2 depending on if you have a 14-50 outlet. Most of the new houses being built here in the DMV come with the 14-50 already installed in garages so all you have to do is plug in your charger. I leave the Ford Mach-E charger (level 1) plugged in at my garage and I bought a level 2 on Amazon for about $300 that charges at 40 amps to keep in the car at all times.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
The ‘23 Mach-Es and Lightnings are all 0% for 72 months right now. If you don’t mind the limitations on the Mach-Es, it’s a great buy. You can get a converter from Amazon for your level 2 charger, no problem. I have a universal charger and luckily the Teslas come with a converter to J1772.

:patrice:

what's the limitations right now?

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
It seems like the Tesla Taps available on Amazon seem to work for the most part with the Tesla home chargers for most Mach-E owners in that situation. Although I think most of us just plug in the Level 2 charger that came with the Mach-E into a NEMA 14-50 outlet. I did have one installed at my parents house in NC because NC is still way behind in terms of infrastructure outside of US-95. Ford includes a mobile charger that you can swap between Level 1 or 2 depending on if you have a 14-50 outlet. Most of the new houses being built here in the DMV come with the 14-50 already installed in garages so all you have to do is plug in your charger. I leave the Ford Mach-E charger (level 1) plugged in at my garage and I bought a better one on Amazon for about $300 that charges at 40 amps to keep in the car at all times.

my roundtrip daily is over 100 miles so I charge up to 70% on a daily basis. I get home around mid to upper 20% in the evening in Warm weather and low 20% to upper teens in the winter. I garage my shyt so I know that helps in the winter.

Htrb-nvr-blk-&-ug-as-evr

Black and not crackin’
Supporter
Daps
:patrice:

what's the limitations right now?
‘23 and older Mach-E GT has that 5 second limit on the max acceleration. You put your foot down and it’ll deliver max power for 5 sec and then go into protection mode immediately/cut power, saving the battery. You can’t track it or get good quarter mile times due to this issue, which was a major issue for the top of the line GT. Apparently there is a thermal management problem. The ‘24+ models fix this. Also, they supposedly fixed the battery junction connector problem that requires a full battery drop to fix. The acceleration limit problem is enough for me to go ‘24+…