Who here drives an electric vehicle? Do you regret going electric or nah?

Daps
Got a Model Y after my Q7 was totaled. Perfect for town driving but road trips, it gets really annoying always having to stop to charge. Picking up a Lexus TX 500H this weekend for road trips.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
the superchargers are dope, but filling up in 30 min vs 5 min for fuel is no comparison. especially if ur doing an extremely long road trip. me going to somewhere like atlanta is 750 miles, which would mean like at least 2 recharges in the model 3, which adds at least another hour.

my current car can do the trip on a little over 1 tank of gas.

with the tesla, how often do you have to replace the tires? I heard that EV's are hell on tires because of all the battery weight.
This is true, my dad is dealing with it now with his tesla. The only good thing is they come with run flats so you be broke down in the middle of nowhere

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Leasing a 2024 Genesis GV70 EV for 3 years
Test drove Tesla Model Y, Hyundai Ioniq5, Kia ev6 GV60, and GV70

I get free 30 minute charging at Electrify stations
20% to 80% charge takes 17 minutes
Unlimited warranty, roadside, etc
Insane federal, state, and manufacturer discounts/rebates

genesis-electrified-gv70-128-645bb7e73e64c.jpg

them 3rd party fast chargers are hit and miss as fukk. Complete Trash around Atlanta. Hope you in a better area.

Blessings

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
10 dollars vs 50. I'll take the savings :yeshrug:

my base model 3 is front wheel drive. Replaced all 4 at 40k (was told the lasted around 25-30k due to the battery weight but mine lasted pretty good). Changed the front only at 85k as the tread on the rears was still good. Got a tire balance and rotation earlier this week and the tread on my front is only 1 unit better than my rears. Looks like I'll be getting new fronts again before the rears.

you do lose time though while supercharging but it's not that bad. I usually grab a bite and/or piss or something. And it doesn't make you do the entire charge at once. When I go from ATL to Charleston SC, I usually stop 3 times. Once for 10 minutes, another 20 in Augusta, and another 10/15 for the last 45 minute segment. I got a base model and not the long range.

40k miles???

I hope y'all are not buying EVs....they're meant to be leased

I know in Colorado they have rebates like.....
$12,500 Federal
$5,000 State

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Got a Model Y after my Q7 was totaled. Perfect for town driving but road trips, it gets really annoying always having to stop to charge. Picking up a Lexus TX 500H this weekend for road trips.
the stops don't bother me, but I get it.

I 100% will get a better range joint for my next one. Even with that shyt, whatever range they tell you or you see, take 20% off the top.

If you live in cold areas of he country, you are getting like 70% efficiency at best in the winter. Glad I don't have to deal with that shyt.

I have been closer to upper 90% efficiency in the morning when not running the AC or going over 70 MPH. Been trying the sub 70 all week. You gon be in traffic regardless here in Atlanta, so I'm definitely gonna start doing more sub 70 driving to max my battery efficiency.

Blessings

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
them 3rd party fast chargers are hit and miss as fukk. Complete Trash around Atlanta. Hope you in a better area.

So far no issues. They're usually in strip malls with a grocery store. So I'm either shopping or on a short walk during the 20 minutes of charging.

Htrb-nvr-blk-&-ug-as-evr

Black and not crackin’
Supporter
Daps
Rolling a Tesla 3 that has been solid as first EV. Got it slightly before Elmo went full craka and with a 2% loan but with the price drops, still upside down slightly. Keeping it anyway. Software is goat, build quality not so much. Been fantastic otherwise. Won’t go back to ICE unless it’s a Porsche 911 or 96-98 Chevy Silverado Z-71. Wife has a guzzler and will likely get a refresh Mach-E GT with Bronze pkg or Polestar 3 if they can get their shyt together. She really wants a Model X, but likely no. Got the Makita full yard and tool setup too:banderas:. Just need that Solar with some Powerwalls to complete the trifecta..

Edit: used F150 Lightning Platinum is def my next ride. Yall peep that Silverado EV, too…the range is crazy but WAY out of my price range.

Last edited:

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i feel like this "but you can't do road trips" shyt is way overblown

how often does the average person who drives a gas car, run a straight tank at a time? almost never? and yeah, even if waiting around a half hour to charge it sucks....you really don't have a half hour to spare on a road trip? :dead:

so assuming you can charge it at your house, i don't see that 95% of people will actually have a problem using EVs. people in apartments and condos is a different story :hubie:

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
40k miles???

I hope y'all are not buying EVs....they're meant to be leased

I know in Colorado they have rebates like.....
$12,500 Federal
$5,000 State
I don't believe in leases or car notes, bought outright. I like owning my shyt. Don't have to have the newest car all the time.

Those tax credits, not rebates, weren't available for me when I bought my shyt in March 21. Was pissed.

But I'm at 106 miles in 3 years and 2 months. My commute is the main reason I went EV. I'd be at 700 a month almost in my old car off gas alone. 700 in gas or 45 bucks in electricity a month. Easy decision for me in my situation.

Last edited:

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Rolling a Tesla 3 that has been solid as first EV. Got it slightly before Elmo went full craka and with a 2% loan but with the price drops, still upside down slightly. Keeping it anyway. Software is goat, build quality not so much. Been fantastic otherwise. Won’t go back to ICE unless it’s a Porsche 911 or 96-98 Chevy Silverado Z-71. Wife has a guzzler and will likely get a refresh Mach-E GT with Bronze pkg or Polestar 3 if they can get their shyt together. She really wants a Model X, but likely no. Got the Makita full yard and tool setup too:banderas:. Just need that Solar with some Powerwalls to complete the trifecta..

Yeah, like I said, I wanted the Mach E, but I wasn't going to be Ford's guinea pig on their first true EV. That and the Supercharger for Tesla was the deciding factor. Also, the Mach E's range was less than the Model 3.

I've seen a couple of Polestar's but nah. A dude at my job got a Lucid, but his wife got MAJOR bread so he stays with crazy whips. But that Lucid is fire, but I'm not paying 6 figures for a whip.

I'm not doing Solar Panels as the ROI would be like 15 years minimum for my home based on how many I'd need. I'm downsizing in less than 10 years after my youngest graduates high school so I won't be in the same crib either. Not worth it for me.