Who here drives an electric vehicle? Do you regret going electric or nah?

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
The amount of gas I've saved in 3 years has to be around 6k and that's including how much it costs to charge my car. The instant torque is a big bonus also

I'm never going back

20k for me and that's probably conservative.

And maintenance wise add at least another 3k for scheduled and preventative maintenance.

Blessings

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't believe in leases or car notes, but outright. I like owning my shyt. Don't have to have the newest car all the time.

Those tax credits, not rebates, weren't available for me when I bought my shyt in March 21. Was pissed.

But I'm at 106 miles in 3 years and 2 months. My commute is the main reason I went EV. I'd be at 700 a month almost in my old car off gas alone. 700 in gas or 45 bucks in electricity.

I agree, my previous car lasted me 11 years. There were no payments for 9 of those years.
The depreciation hit on EVs is worse than on traditional cars

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
The depreciation hit on EVs is worse than on traditional cars
Yeah, you gotta get the longer range models and the values hold much better.

I took a chance going EV so I did base model. Won't be doing that shyt again on my next jawn.

Htrb-nvr-blk-&-ug-as-evr

Black and not crackin’
Supporter
Daps
Yeah, like I said, I wanted the Mach E, but I wasn't going to be Ford's guinea pig on their first true EV. That and the Supercharger for Tesla was the deciding factor. Also, the Mach E's range was less than the Model 3.

I've seen a couple of Polestar's but nah. A dude at my job got a Lucid, but his wife got MAJOR bread so he stays with crazy whips. But that Lucid is fire, but I'm not paying 6 figures for a whip.

I'm not doing Solar Panels as the ROI would be like 15 years minimum for my home based on how many I'd need. I'm downsizing in less than 10 years after my youngest graduates high school so I won't be in the same crib either. Not worth it for me.
I was the same on the Mach-E, but it seems they fixed a lot of the issues on the refresh…especially the GT that had that 5 second full power limit…that was bulllshyt. The new pricing at $50k including the Brembos and upgraded wheels makes it super compelling now, man. Still hate they don’t have ventilated seats and heated rear seats but the other upgrades are good.

Polestar might be a lost cause because they’re introducing an overpriced suv in this bad economy and they still don’t have any brand recognition. They are fukin up, but we love that P3.

JerkPork

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Owned an EV since '19. I don't think I will ever own a gas commuter again. If I am in the market for a weekend car I wouldn't mind getting Gas

Last edited:

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
So they also do charge more for non Teslas to use the Superchargers...unless you buy a Supercharger membership. The membership gets you the same rates as Tesla owners. :ehh:

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I was the same on the Mach-E, but it seems they fixed a lot of the issues on the refresh…especially the GT that had that 5 second full power limit…that was bulllshyt. The new pricing at $50k including the Brembos and upgraded wheels makes it super compelling now, man. Still hate they don’t have ventilated seats and heated rear seats but the other upgrades are good.

Polestar might be a lost cause because they’re introducing an overpriced suv in this bad economy and they still don’t have any brand recognition. They are fukin up, but we love that P3.

Liking what I see in that '24 Mach-E Premium :leon:

Price ain't bad either. :patrice:

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
After driving in the mountains of Denver in December. And seeing so many teslas stalled out on the road. I don’t think I could ever give up my gas guzzling chevy.

Cold weather and EVs is whole nother level.

But you got a bunch of goofies thinking they gonna get the same efficiencies in cold weather like warmer weather. :mjlol:
Even regular ICE cars don't do that shyt and you think EVs will? :mjlol:

If I get 80% on a good winter day in Georgia, I'm smiling. But one of those Chicago Hawk Cold Winter Storms? Sheeeeiiiiiit. Betta stay yo ass at home. :mjlol:

And have a garage for your shyt too.

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Rivian and Lucid are top tier EVs… no issues with them

I'm REALLY liking what I'm seeing on this Mach-E Premium. Looks like they are trying to get rid of the 23s too with the 24s dropping soon.

I might bite the bullet and get one and give my model 3 to my oldest once he gets his license later this year (silly ass shoulda had it last year :stopitslime: )

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
I've had a Premium Mach-E for 3 years and I'm never going back. I'm thinking about upgrading to the GT since they are so cheap right now.
I do miss my truck so I may get a new one as my 2nd vehicle.
Ford is sending everyone who owns a Mach-E or Lighting a free Tesla tap to connect to the Tesla network but they taking their time sending them out. Mine is supposed to arrive this month. Once the free Tesla Tap get out to the masses you will see more Fords at the Tesla superchargers but I haven't missed using the Tesla network here on the east coast. Electrify America has worked pretty well for me for my long road trips to NC and here in the DMV there is free level-2 charges everywhere so I haven't even bothered to install one at my house. I plug it into the regular socket for level-1 charging on the weekends at the house if I know I will be traveling the next week or so but I'm never below %50 on the regular.

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I've had a Premium Mach-E for 3 years and I'm never going back. I'm thinking about upgrading to the GT since they are so cheap right now.
I do miss my truck so I may get a new one as my 2nd vehicle.
Ford is sending everyone who owns a Mach-E or Lighting a free Tesla tap to connect to the Tesla network but they taking their time sending them out. Mine is supposed to arrive this month. Once the free Tesla Tap get out to the masses you will see more Fords at the Tesla superchargers but I haven't missed using the Tesla network here on the east coast. Electrify America has worked pretty well for me for my long road trips to NC and here in the DMV there is free level-2 charges everywhere so I haven't even bothered to install one at my house. I plug it into the regular socket for level-1 charging on the weekends at the house if I know I will be traveling the next week or so but I'm never below %50 on the regular.
that's my thing. My prior car was a Nissan Frontier 4 door LE (top line model). With having a home in the south, having a truck is so valuable.

I passed on the Mach-E when I got my model 3 cause it was Ford's first joint and the lack of Supercharger access. A 23 Premium Mach-E gonna run around 54k after taxes right now.

I have a home power charger for my Model 3 as well. I assume I would be able to convert that in reverse?