Who here drives an electric vehicle? Do you regret going electric or nah?

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
the superchargers are dope, but filling up in 30 min vs 5 min for fuel is no comparison. especially if ur doing an extremely long road trip. me going to somewhere like atlanta is 750 miles, which would mean like at least 2 recharges in the model 3, which adds at least another hour.

my current car can do the trip on a little over 1 tank of gas.

with the tesla, how often do you have to replace the tires? I heard that EV's are hell on tires because of all the battery weight.
10 dollars vs 50. I'll take the savings :yeshrug:

my base model 3 is front wheel drive. Replaced all 4 at 40k (was told the lasted around 25-30k due to the battery weight but mine lasted pretty good). Changed the front only at 85k as the tread on the rears was still good. Got a tire balance and rotation earlier this week and the tread on my front is only 1 unit better than my rears. Looks like I'll be getting new fronts again before the rears.

you do lose time though while supercharging but it's not that bad. I usually grab a bite and/or piss or something. And it doesn't make you do the entire charge at once. When I go from ATL to Charleston SC, I usually stop 3 times. Once for 10 minutes, another 20 in Augusta, and another 10/15 for the last 45 minute segment. I got a base model and not the long range.

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
I used mine all the time on roadtrips :yeshrug:

Supercharger life. The one few things that fukkboi Elon (well the engineers) got right by building the charging infrastructure first.
Facts… I always told folk if they want to dip their feet into EVs this is the perfect time to get one because you can get a Tesla on the cheap.. Elon fukked a lot of folks who bought them shyts at full price lmaoo

I’m thinking about getting the ford Mach-e GT especially now they can be used on Tesla superchargers

ConPHIdential

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Copped the Q4 in March. Definitely take some gettin used to but I love it.

I’m considering the e-tron GT once I’m able to get out the lease of my S5.

I sale cars for Audi so I’ll be able to charge up my whip 24/7 while I’m here and I’ll be living right around the corner in a few weeks. Gonna be saving $300+ a month not having to pay for gas.

:ahh:

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Facts… I always told folk if they want to dip their feet into EVs this is the perfect time to get one because you can get a Tesla on the cheap.. Elon fukked a lot of folks who bought them shyts at full price lmaoo

I’m thinking about getting the ford Mach-e GT especially now they can be used on Tesla superchargers

The Supercharger was the deal breaker for me on getting the Mach-E vs my Model 3. It really is a dealbreaker or was at the time. I still haven't seen a non Tesla at any Supercharger here in the Atlanta area. The funny part is that the Supercharger off Camp Creek in the black side of town is the ONLY one that accepts non Tesla cars right now in the ENTIRE STATE OF GEORGIA. look at this shyt. I want a Rivian for my next whip, but not until I can fully access the Tesla Supercharger Network.

nonteslasuperchargers.png

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
The Supercharger was the deal breaker for me on getting the Mach-E vs my Model 3. It really is a dealbreaker or was at the time. I still haven't seen a non Tesla at any Supercharger here in the Atlanta area. The funny part is that the Supercharger off Camp Creek in the black side of town is the ONLY one that accepts non Tesla cars right now in the ENTIRE STATE OF GEORGIA. look at this shyt. I want a Rivian for my next whip, but not until I can fully access the Tesla Supercharger Network.

nonteslasuperchargers.png

once tesla opens up their charging network/standard to every other EV maker. that'll be the gamechanger.

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
The Supercharger was the deal breaker for me on getting the Mach-E vs my Model 3. It really is a dealbreaker or was at the time. I still haven't seen a non Tesla at any Supercharger here in the Atlanta area. The funny part is that the Supercharger off Camp Creek in the black side of town is the ONLY one that accepts non Tesla cars right now in the ENTIRE STATE OF GEORGIA.
The supercharger is literally why folk still buy teslas lol

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
once tesla opens up their charging network/standard to every other EV maker. that'll be the gamechanger.
them nikkaz are doin that shyt at a snail's pace fam. and it's on purpose. ONE in Flordia, ONE in SC, ONE in GA, ZERO in NC.

Dunno why Elon even agreed to that dumb shyt as you devalue your cars if others can use the one that thing that they didn't have the foresight to setup in the first place.

Once Rivians get full access, I'm seriously considering bouncing.

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps

I could add charging to my crib too. A neighbor just did so recently.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
them nikkaz are doin that shyt at a snail's pace fam. and it's on purpose. ONE in Flordia, ONE in SC, ONE in GA, ZERO in NC.

Dunno why Elon even agreed to that dumb shyt as you devalue your cars if others can use the one that thing that they didn't have the foresight to setup in the first place.

Once Rivians get full access, I'm seriously considering bouncing.

that rivian is a massive price increase over the model 3 :whew:

also, with other EV companies, how reliable are they? I'm referring to lucid and rivian. it's already well known fisker is total :trash:

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
that rivian is a massive price increase over the model 3 :whew:
I miss having a truck. But Elon is lunchin with that Cybertruck price. Rather get a Rivian instead for the same price if I can access the Supercharger network on trips.
also, with other EV companies, how reliable are they? I'm referring to lucid and rivian. it's already well known fisker is total :trash:
and that's another thing. Do you take a chance with the upstarts or with the people who've been in the game and have the expertise over a decade.

Blessings

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Leasing a 2024 Genesis GV70 EV for 3 years
Test drove Tesla Model Y, Hyundai Ioniq5, Kia ev6 GV60, and GV70

I get free 30 minute charging at Electrify stations
20% to 80% charge takes 17 minutes
Unlimited warranty, roadside, etc
Insane federal, state, and manufacturer discounts/rebates