Who has VA Disability?

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
I never used a VSO before.. i just applied

I had paid some chick my brother used to get his 100% but she ended up pissing me off trying to put me in for PTSD (when I already had depression and anxiety). He just had PTSD but I had all my shyt happen before and got medically discharged because of it. I started with 50 then it got increased to 80 but that was without sleep apnea and without the arm issue and them only giving me 10% for degrading leg issues that I still have to get surgery on.

I also moved to 2 different states. ATL was helpful in getting 80 So I’ll hit up the VSO tomorrow then and try to get this new paperwork started. I’m going to put in for an increase on my legs, my arm, and for sleep apnea.

Appreciate the information too bruh.
Breh,

That shyt goes together. Most people don't want or think they have PTSD, They'll say they can't sleep or are feeling anxious and the VA counts that towards PTSD. Unless you can't function and are institutionalized most people's PTSD rating includes depression. I mean it's in the name.

You really don't have to pay nobody any money that's a finesse, They can't get you a rating, either a doctor says that you're service connected or your not. There's an actual formula that they use to make the determination. All that chick did was fill out the paperwork for you. If the docs didn't say something was wrong with you you wouldn't have got shyt.

But that's how some people eat, filling out forms for people, Doing personal taxes, writing resume's finessing the hell out of people.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
Yeah i know

thats the thing, I was always at the hospital. I know it’s looked down upon but I didn’t give a fukk.. fukk them nikkas. For my legs, then for anxiety (I had a major panic attack a couple times that I literally had to go to the hospital for), i was treated for depression, became alcohol dependent (didn’t go to AA foreal but was ordered to go to anger management and to go to AA for like a week) etc.

So I’m wondering how tf I’m only getting 80? And if I do get to 100 will they backpay from when you furst reported these issues? (Like sleep apnea, arm injuries, etc).
You had a panic attack??? That's 90% for PTSD right there, but iif it's not documented you get nathaniel.

Like I said as far as I knew I didn't have PTSD all I knew was I had the sweats and elevated Blood Pressure when I went to the field. As soon as I went home and was in civilians I was normal. The Army Doc gave me a No field profile.

When I was medboarded the VA put it down as evidence of PTSD.

If you get backpay depends on whats in your medical records, If shyt is there and the person filling out your forms finds where the doctor concurs you should get backpaid. But if there's no record you can still be service connected but they'll just give it to when you get your award letter.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
He's fukking stupid.

And Ol' OTIS is enabling him. There's so much help that the VA does for lazy smokehounds that did a couple of years in that it's insane.

Those brehs that you see cleaning up or checking ID's or whatever are Veterans that they just gave jobs to. I had to undergo Recreational Therapy. Any dude that's legit fukked up out here can stay in VA housing for a year or more while getting temporary 100% There's vets that have nothing wrong with them but they got on drugs after service and get to stay at a VA residence. They literally got a lot of Homeless vets off the street by getting them either at least 70% disability or 70% SSDI so they have enough money to get a house. And or they get prioritized for section 8.

Your man's better use his resources.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
i've been that dude crashing on unemployment similar to @O.T.I.S. situation

everyone's separation is different :manny: help your boys when you can. if they didn't need help, shyt would be easy.

sometimes you're just addicted to struggling and doing shyt the hard way.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
i've been that dude crashing on unemployment similar to @O.T.I.S. situation

everyone's separation is different :manny: help your boys when you can. if they didn't need help, shyt would be easy.

sometimes you're just addicted to struggling and doing shyt the hard way.
Already tried

Not gonna keep talking to a hard headed nikka.

I know that 2-500$ can go a long way if you’re unemployed... nikka stupid and stubborn tho so I just be like :hubie:

... just pay your part of the rent

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Breh,

That shyt goes together. Most people don't want or think they have PTSD, They'll say they can't sleep or are feeling anxious and the VA counts that towards PTSD. Unless you can't function and are institutionalized most people's PTSD rating includes depression. I mean it's in the name.

You really don't have to pay nobody any money that's a finesse, They can't get you a rating, either a doctor says that you're service connected or your not. There's an actual formula that they use to make the determination. All that chick did was fill out the paperwork for you. If the docs didn't say something was wrong with you you wouldn't have got shyt.

But that's how some people eat, filling out forms for people, Doing personal taxes, writing resume's finessing the hell out of people.
Yeah i know it goes together but instead of building on what I have she tried to put a whole different claim in for PTSD..

Even my other homie that works with the VA said that was stupid and unnecessary... and she wanted me to keep paying her when nothing happened or I never received shyt.

I cussed her out (because she was mad rude too) and told her to kick rocks.
and yeah, all she did was “supposedly” fill out paperwork and push it faster. I got to 80% by my fukking self so after I paid her and got turned down, I bushed her ass because it was more bullshyt dealing with her than when I did it on my own:camby:

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
You had a panic attack??? That's 90% for PTSD right there, but iif it's not documented you get nathaniel.

Like I said as far as I knew I didn't have PTSD all I knew was I had the sweats and elevated Blood Pressure when I went to the field. As soon as I went home and was in civilians I was normal. The Army Doc gave me a No field profile.

When I was medboarded the VA put it down as evidence of PTSD.

If you get backpay depends on whats in your medical records, If shyt is there and the person filling out your forms finds where the doctor concurs you should get backpaid. But if there's no record you can still be service connected but they'll just give it to when you get your award letter.
I had multiple ones while in service... big ones too.

I still have mini ones here and there but I’ve gotten used to it.

You would think it’s 90%... I’ve actually been hospitalized like 3 times due to my attacks. It’s documented too

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
He's fukking stupid.
Yeah he is
And Ol' OTIS is enabling him. There's so much help that the VA does for lazy smokehounds that did a couple of years in that it's insane.

Those brehs that you see cleaning up or checking ID's or whatever are Veterans that they just gave jobs to. I had to undergo Recreational Therapy. Any dude that's legit fukked up out here can stay in VA housing for a year or more while getting temporary 100% There's vets that have nothing wrong with them but they got on drugs after service and get to stay at a VA residence. They literally got a lot of Homeless vets off the street by getting them either at least 70% disability or 70% SSDI so they have enough money to get a house. And or they get prioritized for section 8.

Your man's better use his resources.
Im not enabling no grown ass man

This nikka older than me... thinks hes “been through more” and “knows more” than me... yet coming to me for a place to live... so fukk it, be that then. I’m gonna keep my shyt moving with or without you

I tried to get this nikka to do shyt. He been out longer than me, he supposed to be teaching me how to game the system...

Nope. So I’m not stressing myself over another man that doesn’t want to take my advice.

And yeah, he’s a diehard smoker too

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
I ETS in 2022 and I'm trying to get 100% as well. I'm ramping up my sick call appointments. I have a CPAP machine and I hope they are still giving 50% just for that.
If you already got a cpap and diagnosed with Sleep apnea you should be over 50% because you can literally die because of that shyt

Which I think it’s trash that I’m not getting any rating because they’re saying my sleep apnea is not “service connected”

But you can be better. Like others have said, fail your hearing tests. If you have any pains or injuries, go to sick call. Some people be really fukked (like me) and deserve 100% and some play it like a game.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Backpay will be a battle. I think for that to happen, you would have to prove the VA made a Clear and Unmistakable Error (CUE...look that up) in their rating decisions.
Otherwise, they will just pay you back from the date you filed your latest claim. Always something to look into though.
I would be lucky to just get the rating.

I got backpayed before tho for when I went from 50 to 80 but it was only like 10K

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Already tried

Not gonna keep talking to a hard headed nikka.

I know that 2-500$ can go a long way if you’re unemployed... nikka stupid and stubborn tho so I just be like :hubie:

... just pay your part of the rent
not gonna act like i haven't been that hardheaded clown before :whistle:

all you can do is what you can. used to have this saying that you gotta let people find God - aka the Gift of Desperation :pachaha: he'll figure it out. or he won't and you can know you tried. just set your limits with breh.

i was renting a room from my friend at one point too. im STRAIGHT now. crashed there until I could sort things out just a little bit. moved out when i read the room and realized my 'lease' was over. just a part of the process. i haven't talked to that guy or his family in years because it was such a low point for me but I'm always gonna be grateful for what they did and them being good people when I needed good people.

i pay it forward. he probably will too in some shape or form :manny:

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
not gonna act like i haven't been that hardheaded clown before :whistle:

all you can do is what you can. used to have this saying that you gotta let people find God - aka the Gift of Desperation :pachaha: he'll figure it out. or he won't and you can know you tried. just set your limits with breh.

i was renting a room from my friend at one point too. im STRAIGHT now. crashed there until I could sort things out just a little bit. moved out when i read the room and realized my 'lease' was over. just a part of the process. i haven't talked to that guy or his family in years because it was such a low point for me but I'm always gonna be grateful for what they did and them being good people when I needed good people.

i pay it forward. he probably will too in some shape or form :manny:
Gonna use that one :mjlol:

But ive known homie for almost 10 years and he’s been out just as long (I was in when i met him, he was out but a merchant marine).

I was telling him then in the beginning but of course, I wasn’t out yet so i had no dealings with the VA.

Once I got out I started going through the process. I got to 80% on my own and was trying to get him on with me

I been trying for years to get this nikka on code but he wants to do everything his way. fukk it then, not gonna keep holding a nikkas hand for half a decade only to get my help rejected.

He my nikka but living with him made me understand why he had trouble living with other people. Dude is insecure af and hates being wrong . I’m the type of nikka that be hoping I’m wrong sometimes but I know im not

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
You better go get your money.
Facts

I’m like the only one of my homies NOT faking about my shyt to the VA but I got to go through the most :mjlol:

This thread made me hit up my older brother too.. he got 100% through the VA by that lady for the most part.

He was telling me all the shyt him and his homies did during the assessments and he was like “OTIS... you really don’t have to do shyt. Everything We did is how you are NORMALLY”.

Like I don’t dress up for appointments... i go in with a hoody, flip flops, barely talk, don’t shave, kick my feet up, etc.

Like I’m legit off:mjlol: