Who has VA Disability?

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
1.Also is there's like a certain number of times I should shoot for?
2. What do you do if your 1SGT or commander doesn't want to sign off on your sick call forms?

Are you about to get out? I'd tell them that I'm trying to get fully checked out before I get out. If the Doctor concurs then that's all that matters.

As long as you aren't malingering to get out of a deployment it shouldn't be any skin off their nose. They're doing the same thiing.

If they straight up deny you and it's not affecting work I'd make an IG complaint.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
PTSD
Insomnia
Migraines
TBI
Vision degeration (but it's literally 0% and it says something like if there is some vision issue in the future it would be upgraded)

*also something about stomach issues forgot what the label is
Before I got out the army I literally had a ulcer after a deployment and was shytting blood. But that stopped but they included that in my compensation
A zero percent rating is good. That means that they concur that you have a line of duty injury but it isn't debilitating enough (yet) to warrant a rating.

It's generally expected to get worse over time as you age. a 0% can quickly flip to 10% by mentioning it to a Doc and the Doc running tests.

Daps
PTSD
Insomnia
Migraines
TBI
Vision degeration (but it's literally 0% and it says something like if there is some vision issue in the future it would be upgraded)

*also something about stomach issues forgot what the label is
Before I got out the army I literally had a ulcer after a deployment and was shytting blood. But that stopped but they included that in my compensation
Thanks for responding.
1. Did you get a CPAP machine?
2. Will having PTSD on record negatively affect you in civilian careers or prohibit you from certain careers?
Are you about to get out? I'd tell them that I'm trying to get fully checked out before I get out. If the Doctor concurs then that's all that matters.

As long as you aren't malingering to get out of a deployment it shouldn't be any skin off their nose. They're doing the same thiing.

If they straight up deny you and it's not affecting work I'd make an IG complaint.

I ETS in April 2022

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
Thanks so much for the advice. But I was in a meeting where my Commander said the physician assistant was in agreement to deny soldiers from going to sick call. I'm at Bliss and I'm an E-5

the way you're saying it that's illegal. Maybe they didn't mean it that way. The PA isn't a Doctor. It depends on if you're willing to burn bridges. If you're know you're getting out demand a sick call. But if it's really a hangnail and the Docs concur drop it and get back to work. The VA doc will investigate any ouchie completely.

But you don't have to go overboard while in. If you really want to sell an injury fall off a truck and land on your back or head. things like that are pain related and no one can say how much pain you're in. Just don't "ride an injury" an Army Doc can fukk up a claim.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
you are more so referring to Technical manuals. I’m talking about unified land operations, operations, task organization, combined arm maneuver etc. the TMs are generally handled by the creators of that system/equipment.

but I definitely agree on the use of $5 words unfortunately you have to be deliberate in writing them because you don’t want any more confusion. Your target audience for this type of doctrine is generally staff officers/NCOs.

for the TMs it’s generally meant for the end item user and the 23&P meant for the maintenance types. Also in today’s times and all the reviewing hands that have to sign off on the process you can’t really use the terminology In writing that you could in person.

Yeah what you're talking about is different.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
Thanks for responding.
2. Will having PTSD on record negatively affect you in civilian careers or prohibit you from certain careers?

I ETS in April 2022

Man I would just fall off a truck let them perscribe you pain meds and get back to work and have it reevaluated by a VA Doc.

PTSD is a gimme. It doesn't affect you at all and everyone knows it's a hustle. If you really want 100% all you have to do is say that you're gonna off yourself and go to the VA hospital. You automatically get temp 100% during your stay at the Hoo Hoo Hotel. Like I said I knew a guy who served for 2 years in 73's who claimed PTSD because he said I white boy threatened to cut his parachute straps I openly laughed at that.

If you deployed you can defenitely claim PTSD there's many people who claim it and never went.

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
Thanks for responding.

I ETS in April 2022
No cpap

Insomnia and sleep apnea 2 different things

They use to have 2 different levels that u could get compensated for sleep apnea
1 sleep apnea where u use a CPAP
2. Sleep apnea with no cpap

But now u get nothing if u don't have CPAP ASSIGNED

My insomnia is linked to my PTSD so that is why the % high for it

U def want PTSD in your rating
It doesn't affect your civilian life at all unless they have some shyt saying u psychotic or some shyt

having PTSD makes them rate u higher and less likely to deny u

Daps
the way you're saying it that's illegal. Maybe they didn't mean it that way. The PA isn't a Doctor. It depends on if you're willing to burn bridges. If you're know you're getting out demand a sick call. But if it's really a hangnail and the Docs concur drop it and get back to work. The VA doc will investigate any ouchie completely.

But you don't have to go overboard while in. If you really want to sell an injury fall off a truck and land on your back or head. things like that are pain related and no one can say how much pain you're in. Just don't "ride an injury" an Army Doc can fukk up a claim.

Yes. It's exactly what I said and my unit leadership is toxic and shady.

Daps
No cpap

They use to have 2 different levels that u could get compensated for sleep apnea

It doesn't affect your civilian life at all unless they have some shyt saying u psychotic or some shyt

My company had four suicides: I was close to three of them. So I'm trying to get PTSD for those deaths. I have been going to behavioral health for my anxiety, bad dreams, and depression.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
Yes. It's exactly what I said and my unit leadership is toxic and shady.

I wouldn't fight them unless you really have an injury. Once you're seen as a sick call ranger the Doctor will write bullshyt that might hurt a claim later. It's best to go super hooah and fall off a truck within six or so months to go. That and a quick stay at a VA laughing academy is more than enough to get you to 100% then you can apply in the hospital for Government jobs and have one when you leave the hospital.

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
My company had four suicides: I was close to three of them. So I'm trying to get PTSD for those deaths. I have been going to behavioral health for my anxiety, bad dreams, and depression.
Keep going
The more it's in your medical records the better

Even if u don't have migraines

I would start claiming them and geting seen about that too

I literally have the most extreme migraines and had botox injections, given an ALPHA-STIM device, and go to the TBI clinic cause of a concussion in Iraq

Make sure u try to get Migraines in your rating

Last edited:
Daps
I wouldn't fight them unless you really have an injury. Once you're seen as a sick call ranger the Doctor will write bullshyt that might hurt a claim later. It's best to go super hooah and fall off a truck within six or so months to go. That and a quick stay at a VA laughing academy is more than enough to get you to 100% then you can apply in the hospital for Government jobs and have one when you leave the hospital.

I'm a PT stud who frequently maxes the APFT but I have pain in multiple areas of my body. Will I still be considered a sick call ranger if I go frequently?

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
No cpap

Yeah sometimes some things "go out of style" when they get too many bullshyt ratings. Anyone who ever snored got sleep apnea and they can actually test you for that.

Just like Hearing I can't hear shyt they put water in my ear and kicked me out with 10% despite failing every hearing test.

The shaving profiles "went out of style" when I claimed it. besides it's too specific to Black Men.

I suspect that one day PTSD will "go out of style" but not now with all these veterans committing that. You say you had a bad dream and they'll ask you a million times Have you thought about harming yourself? You ain't even got to say yes a hesitation is enough.