Who did you side with more? Melvin or Jody (Baby Boy)

Who did you side with

• Melvin

Votes: 140 86.4%
  • Jody

Votes: 22 13.6%

• Total voters
Daps
Melvin dropped knowledge.

BUT......Jody's momma got some splainin to do. Seems like she babied him too long then got mad when he still acted like a baby.

My mom raised me by herself and the one thing she always said was "if you fukk up and do dumb shyt, I ain't got the money to help you. Don't be that nikka." She should have been having those come to Jesus meetings with Jody when he hit The Knucklehead Phase (usually about 4th or 5th grade for lil brehs). Can't wait until your son is 17, 18+ to get real with him.

A1aaa

Respectful Fade Runner & Card Puller
Daps
Both them nikkas was on some shyt. Jody was actin like a lil bytch the whole movie and Melvin was SUPER disrespectful and obnoxious walkin around the house naked. Knowing another grown ass man is in the house and didnt respect the fact that that was his moms and not to be fukkin as loud as u possibly can when there’s someone in the next room. Not to mention the shyt wit the weed in his moms garden So yea. Melvin was disrespectful. Jody was a bytch ass immature nikka. I side with Melvin more overall tho. I wouldnt wanna be either one of them nikkas tho.

good analysis :ehh:

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
When you got TWO baby mommas then that means you threw that “young” shyt out the window. I grew up with a father who didn’t play that shyt. He gave me all the tools i needed. At 20 i was living with him BUT i had my own job and was paying rent, contributing the household, and being respectful. I didn’t knock up no chicks and wasn’t looking for handouts.

Jody was a fukkup plain and simple. He wasn’t looking for “help” because if he was then he woulda went to Melvin on some grown man shyt and asked him for a job with his business and learned how to be responsible.

fukk Jody. He’s everything i would NOT want my son to be. A poor excuse for a black man
Jody wasnt shyt. But Melvin at Jody’s age and older was a knucklehead ass nikka himself. And Jodi started trying to hustle and get his bread. Selling dresses n shyt like that. Yea that nikka was def buggin wit 2 baby mommas and no job. His moms had him as a teenager and his grandmother took care of them so shyt he learned from the best. That nikka Melvin was very disrespectful tho. All this man shyt sounds nice but I dont give a fukk what my situation is a strange nikka come in the crib im livin at walkin round but ass naked making breakfast on some straight ass nasty unsanitary shyt we gonna have a problem. Aint no way to spin that shyt. His moms wanted him out so bad. She was the one who was supposed to kick him out. She wasnt supposed to be lettin some stranger disrespect her son like that. They both was living off his grandmother till she apparently passed. Im pretty sure she was pretty happy to have Jody around and babying the shyt out of the nikka until she met a nikka. And that’s fine. But tell a nikka he got a certain amount of days. Tell him he gotta get his shyt together. But dont let the next man disrespect ya only son especially being that she already lost a son. The people overall in that movie was fukked up. Everyone. Except Sweat Pea.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Melvin dropped knowledge.

BUT......Jody's momma got some splainin to do. Seems like she babied him too long then got mad when he still acted like a baby.

My mom raised me by herself and the one thing she always said was "if you fukk up and do dumb shyt, I ain't got the money to help you. Don't be that nikka." She should have been having those come to Jesus meetings with Jody when he hit The Knucklehead Phase (usually about 4th or 5th grade for lil brehs). Can't wait until your son is 17, 18+ to get real with him.
This is exactly what I was saying.

CoryMack

Superstar
Daps
It’s easy to say Melvin looking at it from a movie viewers standpoint, but actually try and put yourself in Jody’s shoes. Big nikka who’d done time and is known in a whole other hood for putting vicious hands on an ex was now living in the house fukking Jody’s young dumb mother. Like someone said earlier it was probably only a matter of time before Melvin was whippin her muthafukkin ass. The yard care bit didn’t fool me.

Don’t forget the mother wasn’t about all that much either. Don’t remember many scenes of her heading out to or coming from work. That was grandmas house. Grandma probably raised Jody while momma was out being fast. Surprised Jody was an only child.