Who are the black leaders of today? Do We need them?

Pazzy

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Are you saying these people were handpicked by the white media?

Not those voices from the 60s. They amplify the voices they want people to follow or the ones that they deem a threat. You figure out the rest.

Nigerianwonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Opening sentence of this article says it all:
"In more recent years, black leaders such as Rep. John Lewis and Sen. Kamala Harris have been politicians tied to the Democratic Party, not activists speaking outside the country’s two-party political system."

During the 80's, Jesse and AL killed the notion of a grassroots leader chosen by the people

they were the democratic party's lap dogs and thus an entire generation now has to be vetted by the DNC to be "leaders"; young white democrats believe this too.

Jesse and Al were not perfect. but they were 100% better than anyone out now. They were both certified in the community activist streets in their younger days. There is no such thing as a perfect leader. MLK was cheating on his wife and Malcom was a former pimp/ street kat. If they were in the internet era a lot of yall would have been bashing them the say way yall did Al and Jesse.

If there was real leadership then the movement wouldn't have gotten taken over by LGBT, democrats, and corporate interest. Look at the thread talking about where all the BLM money is going.. nobody knows cause there is no leadership and no one to hold accountable. Lack of leadership is the main reason for lack of progress.

Spectre

Ace Killer OG
Daps
Not those voices from the 60s. They amplify the voices they want people to follow or the ones that they deem a threat. You figure out the rest.
But if we get together with our own leadership then it doesn't matter who they try to.put up. We tell that person join us or be against us

Rocket Scientist

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
High IQ
I'm not trying to be funny at all but our leaders are now athletes and entertainers. A leader can get millions on board You have to remember MLK put in work from age 26-39 he was more then I Have Dream speech. With that being said who do I think can gather people and become a full time activist: I might get bashed for this but if Colin Kaepernick put together a Million Man March I actually think a million + will come out. He doesn't say much but remember most powerful leaders aren't very vocal they simply move. The normal average everyday Joe is gonna have hard time becoming a leader unless he is naturally born with it (Charism,Leadership) etc .

GoAggieGo.

getting blitzed.
Daps
Reppin
ATL via Tre 4
Leadership is needed, and at the moment we are currently lacking in that department. Have been lacking for quite sometime.

I just know, whoever steps up will need to be a person of integrity, and a person who isn’t compromised. We’ve got men and women, now, who think they are leaders, but they are bound by the almighty dollar or a political party.

Thurgood Thurston III

#LLNB #LLLB #E4R | woooK nypdK
Daps
Reppin
The kirk to the fields
We need more than one leader but we don't need a face on the movement, if that makes sense.

But if we're going to have a face, then he needs to be the most squeaky clean guy with a dark skin wife and pro-lgbt.

Not that I think those things are bad, but he wouldn't survive social media WITHOUT them.