Who are the black leaders of today? Do We need them?

Spectre

Ace Killer OG
Daps
This is true which is why we need multiple leaders. The Civil Rights Movement has multiple leaders but the white media made MLK the face of it. Every region right now needs visible leadership. That would strike the fear of God in these white folks more than it already has
:wow:

That's what I'm saying
It would resonate so much

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
Someone said that and they was vilified
That doesn’t take away from its validity tho. Someone who takes on a leadership role has to know they’re putting everything on the line by doing so. I’m sure Nat Turner, MLK, Malcolm and Fred Hampton knew. This can be translated to every aspect of life

Spectre

Ace Killer OG
Daps
I like Saun King

others got issues with him but half the shyt i know about is through him. Dude is always on a racists neck.

Hes good but I want more leaders that are not just activists

I'm talking people in the industry, Congress, top 500 type shyt, real thought leaders, etc

People that aren't just activists and raising awareness.

I mean people that aren't easily ignored

Like Imagine if there was a board of people that included Robert Smith, Michael Jordan, Byron Allen etc and the board said our athletes will be going to HBCUs or have proceeds sent to different parts of the organization to improve our community and people abided by it, change will be concrete.

Wildhundreds

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
In the spirit of Tulsa Oklahoma, we need to take a serious look at group economics.. Now would be a perfect time after the riots a looting..

Then we'll be able to hold those accountable who said since we didn't own any of it, we looted and burned it down..

Spectre

Ace Killer OG
Daps
In the spirit of Tulsa Oklahoma, we need to take a serious look at group economics.. Now would be a perfect time after the riots a looting..

Then we'll be able to hold those accountable who said since we didn't own any of it, we looted and burned it down..
...go.on...

Kooley_High

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Da South
Leadership IS necessary. Your not going to get anything done within a mob of opinions. Organization and eloquent speakers who can deliver the goals and wants of a group are needed in every movement.
BLM as a group has been around for 6/7 years yet nothing has been done by them. There is no spokesperson, President, protest organizer etc. They dont even inform the public of where there funds are going. Its just an empty rally cry. Other organizations are doing more work than they are and they have all these things. I wonder why...

Pazzy

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
We never had leaders. Just people that were distinguished to the point where the government saw who had the influential power to beat them and they destroy them. We need to protect those people by not putting them out there, amplify their ideas amongst ourselves and move as a unit wisely.

If you notice something, all the "civil rights leaders" like al Sharpton and deray mckesson were selected by the mainstream.

Wildhundreds

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
...go.on...

Black owned grocery stores and pharmacies.. Putting our youth to work. Having our children seeing black people owning shyt has extremely good results..

This way we'll have a vested interest in our communities, which should produce black pride.. Everyone would feel like a leader and apart of something greater than them..

Spectre

Ace Killer OG
Daps
We never had leaders. Just people that were distinguished to the point where the government saw who had the influential power to beat them and they destroy them. We need to protect those people by not putting them out there, amplify their ideas amongst ourselves and move as a unit wisely.

If you notice something, all the "civil rights leaders" like al Sharpton and deray mckesson were selected by the mainstream.
I do agree that we need to plan our moves quietly but it's odd to wonder if we even have anyone planning moves

Spectre

Ace Killer OG
Daps
Leadership IS necessary. Your not going to get anything done within a mob of opinions. Organization and eloquent speakers who can deliver the goals and wants of a group are needed in every movement.
BLM as a group has been around for 6/7 years yet nothing has been done by them. There is no spokesperson, President, protest organizer etc. They dont even inform the public of where there funds are going. Its just an empty rally cry. Other organizations are doing more work than they are and they have all these things. I wonder why...
I've seen how GLAAD for LGBT got together and made gay people a priority despite how few they are in relation to the general population

Then I see BLM and I like what they doing but it's like to what end tho? Where's the results?

Pazzy

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I do agree that we need to plan our moves quietly but it's odd to wonder if we even have anyone planning moves

Notice something. Malcolm and Martin were involved in their local communities in their respective cities before they got big. They were known in their communities as they were a part of them. They started local so it's like they were always in the trenches and involved in the work. In other words, who are the legit grassroots in certain areas? Have to start on the local level first. One reason which these BLM have no credibility is because of how it started. shyt got big over night. No history besides being a hashtag.

If this BLM was legit, why all these marches in cities using George floyd name acting like they don't have victims in their city or area to march under? Folks acting like this shyt is brand new and are NOT waking up for real. Just move on to the next victim and shyt. Pure disgusting.

Last edited:

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child

Nat Turner wasn’t a leader. MLK wasn’t a leader? Fred Hampton wasn’t a leader? Malcolm wasn’t a leader? These people put their lives on the line for the cause by making themselves the face of their movements

Pazzy

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nat Turner wasn’t a leader. MLK wasn’t a leader? Fred Hampton wasn’t a leader? Malcolm wasn’t a leader? These people put their lives on the line for the cause by making themselves the face of their movements

And you know what all of them have in common? And why is that? Remember how they separate certain voices out of others for a reason.