Who are the black leaders of today? Do We need them?

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
This

We keep bringing awareness but calling attention but at a certain point it's like ok now what?

We really need to turn to ourselves and figure out our actual plans cuz this idea of I'm only looking out for me and my family. When we make it we outta here

That doesn't really change much
We need some young energetic articulate mouthpieces. For real tho these white folks still think Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson are pillars of our community. That’s a huge problem

Spectre

Ace Killer OG
Daps
Yeah, but don't play the shyt the same way they did back then. The movement can't die with a single person
I'm not saying a single person. I'm saying a board of leadership. A coalition of representation that consolidates our movement and principles

Daps
Mlk and malcolm x

Changed the game mlk was changing laws so they killed him and bought out black leadership in 1968.

So since than we haven't had any leaders.

They don't want no more influential blacks cause it will force change

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
Yeah, but don't play the shyt the same way they did back then. The movement can't die with a single person
This is true which is why we need multiple leaders. The Civil Rights Movement has multiple leaders but the white media made MLK the face of it. Every region right now needs visible leadership. That would strike the fear of God in these white folks more than it already has

Spectre

Ace Killer OG
Daps
Mlk and malcolm x

Changed the game mlk was changing laws so they killed him and bought out black leadership in 1968.

So since than we haven't had any leaders.

They don't want no more influential blacks cause it will force change
So one guy dies and millions move forward in progress

How can the result be no more leaders then?

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
Malcolm and Martin got their start in religious organizations, which are now seem less influential and less diverse in philosophy/mission/direction than ever. :yeshrug:

Mark my words though, if these cats here can produce a young and charismatic speaker, that'll be our next great leader:

Spectre

Ace Killer OG
Daps
the internet allows us all to rally together
Connect
Share information
Etc.

I wasn’t saying literally that “the internet” is a black leader, but the presence of the internet allows for us to not need one unifying person
Right

The internet connects us more than ever before which makes awareness faster.

but awareness only does so much

I'm just waiting for the pump fake when all this is over because without leadership concrete results are heard to achieve

Spectre

Ace Killer OG
Daps
Like the NAACP?

I guess but they're kinda dated though

I meant like our top execs, scientists, Congress people etc getting together to make change and organize this

Cuz it's just all over the place to the point that white people and other ideologies are co-opting and slowly shifting the rhetoric of this movement