White woman shoplifting, going ham on Black clerk stopping her, WHITE TEARS (VIDEO)

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Curious? What if a person opened a bag of chips but didn't eat all of it. Left the bag in the store and walked out? Could you be arrested?
You don't have to leave the store to be considered a shoplifter, and stores are allowed to detain you if they know your stealing.

"A defendant can comit the crime of shoplifting without actually leaving the store. All he need to is to move the property and exercise control over it in a way that is inconsistent with the shop owner's reasonable expectations as to how shoppers will handle merchandise."

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
Actually that's not true.

"Though these laws vary, store owners and their employees generally are allowed to detain an individual when they have probable cause to suspect shoplifting. However, any such detention of a suspected shoplifter must be reasonable in length and manner."

As long as they aren't assuming someone is stealing without proof, they can detain shoplifters. I remember seeing people get tackled for shoplifting when I worked at home depot. They get taken to a back room to wait for the cops.
they need probable cause and proof of that probable cause
and no they can not tackle anyone
and like i said
MOST stores have policies that do not allow employees to detain anyone

Eternally Jaded

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CT/North-east Caribbean American Crew
I don't understand why breh was doing so much.

Yeah, she's a shoplifter but breh you're a black man wrestling with her over something that couldn't possibly cost more than 100$.

That is not the hill to die on.

Let the lady run away, go to the cameras and call the police so she can be officially barred from the store.
Wrestling like she stole the golden ticket doesn't make any sense.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
they need probable cause and proof of that probable cause
You don't have to leave the store for probable cause, putting something in your pocket can be considered probable cause. Look it up.
and no they can not tackle anyone
I've literally seen someone get tackled into the candy rack. I've seen LP rough shoplifters up.
MOST stores have policies that do not allow employees to detain anyone
MOST stores have policies that don't allow employees to detain anyone strictly for safety reasons, not because it's against the law. They don't want their employees getting stabbed or something so they hire people trained for that kinda thing.

Sonic Boom of the South

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
You don't have to leave the store for probable cause, putting something in your pocket can be considered probable cause. Look it up.

I've literally seen someone get tackled into the candy rack. I've seen LP rough shoplifters up.

MOST stores have policies that don't allow employees to detain anyone strictly for safety reasons, not because it's against the law. They don't want their employees getting stabbed or something so they hire people trained for that kinda thing.
just because u seen shyt happen dont mean it's legal

and putting shyt in your pocket is not probable cause
if you arent making attempts to leave the store without paying for it

How Sway?

Great Value Man
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't understand why breh was doing so much.

Yeah, she's a shoplifter but breh you're a black man wrestling with her over something that couldn't possibly cost more than 100$.

That is not the hill to die on.

Let the lady run away, go to the cameras and call the police so she can be officially barred from the store.
Wrestling like she stole the golden ticket doesn't make any sense.
Is that not considered self-defense? because she kicked and threw a punch at him, so he is within his right.

TRUEST

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i really dont like how u dumb fuccks on this board are quick to find fault with a black man. when it comes to anything that has to do with black vs other race, i will automatically side with the black man until clear evidence is presented.

the dude works at that store. we dont know how his job description was described to him by his boss. he wouldnt have done what he did unless he felt he needed to. so all u fucccktards can go to hell. fucccking imbeciles u all are. glad he didnt get arrested.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
and putting shyt in your pocket is not probable cause
if you arent making attempts to leave the store without paying for it
Just because you think it's against to law to detain someone without them attempting to leave the store, doesn't make it true.

"Acts Constituting Shoplifting
Although we typically think of shoplifting as occurring only when an individual leaves a store with stolen items, the crime of shoplifting can be charged in a variety of circumstances. Since shoplifting involves not only the taking of items but also the “willful concealment” of them, it is possible to be charged with shoplifting even without leaving the store. Simply concealing goods will be enough to violate shoplifting laws as long as the perpetrator has the intention to deprive the owner of them permanently. For example, if a woman takes various make-up items while in a store and hides them in her backpack, a security guard may detain her for shoplifting even though she has not yet left the store."

" Detention of Shoplifters
Although our criminal laws typically prevent private citizens from holding others against their will, also known as false imprisonment, special exceptions have been carved out over the years for dealing with shoplifters. Since most stores do not employ police to watch for shoplifters, their owners are placed in a position of frequently needing to detain an alleged shoplifter until police can arrive. In order to do so, many states have enacted special statutes allowing stores and employees to detain shoplifters if certain requirements are met. Generally, someone suspected of shoplifting may be detained only if the store has “probable cause” to believe that a crime has occurred. Probable cause can be established through personal observations of the crime occurring, statements from customers, or actions recorded on surveillance video cameras. Mere suspicion that someone has been shoplifting is not sufficient."

Can you show me a link stating someone has to leave the store for probable cause? Or that employees can't detain a shoplifter by law?

Sonic Boom of the South

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Just because you think it's against to law to detain someone without them attempting to leave the store, doesn't make it true.

"Acts Constituting Shoplifting
Although we typically think of shoplifting as occurring only when an individual leaves a store with stolen items, the crime of shoplifting can be charged in a variety of circumstances. Since shoplifting involves not only the taking of items but also the “willful concealment” of them, it is possible to be charged with shoplifting even without leaving the store. Simply concealing goods will be enough to violate shoplifting laws as long as the perpetrator has the intention to deprive the owner of them permanently. For example, if a woman takes various make-up items while in a store and hides them in her backpack, a security guard may detain her for shoplifting even though she has not yet left the store."

" Detention of Shoplifters
Although our criminal laws typically prevent private citizens from holding others against their will, also known as false imprisonment, special exceptions have been carved out over the years for dealing with shoplifters. Since most stores do not employ police to watch for shoplifters, their owners are placed in a position of frequently needing to detain an alleged shoplifter until police can arrive. In order to do so, many states have enacted special statutes allowing stores and employees to detain shoplifters if certain requirements are met. Generally, someone suspected of shoplifting may be detained only if the store has “probable cause” to believe that a crime has occurred. Probable cause can be established through personal observations of the crime occurring, statements from customers, or actions recorded on surveillance video cameras. Mere suspicion that someone has been shoplifting is not sufficient."

Can you show me a link stating someone has to leave the store for probable cause? Or that employees can't detain a shoplifter by law?
i can copy n paste shyt too
still dont make what you saying true

:yeshrug:

Quiet Magician

Superstar
Daps
i really dont like how u dumb fuccks on this board are quick to find fault with a black man. when it comes to anything that has to do with black vs other race, i will automatically side with the black man until clear evidence is presented.

the dude works at that store. we dont know how his job description was described to him by his boss. he wouldnt have done what he did unless he felt he needed to. so all u fucccktards can go to hell. fucccking imbeciles u all are. glad he didnt get arrested.

Huh? He will be charged or at least fired from his job. You simply can't do that to a person who shoplifts from the store. :manny:

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
i can copy n paste shyt too
still dont make what you saying true

:yeshrug:
Then show me something.

How you gonna say some shyt that's false, then refuse to back up your statement.

Nowhere does it say a shoplifter has to leave the store or that it's against the law for an employee to detain him.