White people made extraordinary wealth and wage gains under Barack Obama...But Black folk lost wealth under Obama

Seoul Gleou

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Lets discuss this for a second...As @that guy said, Obama did not put forth any policy proposals both as a senator nor as President to address this crisis in general much less specifically of African Americans...sure the justice department filed law suits against the culprits...However, what was needed from Obama and the democrats in congress was bill proposals that addressed African Americans losing their homes due to the subprime mortgage crises...We needed the specific reprieve to keep folk in their homes...We didnt get it..and now we have what we hav now which is the loss wealth of the African American community every year due in part to folks losing property and/or not being able to afford to buy property in this market, thus locking them into renters purgatory
He actually addresses his limitations in "A promised land" the book he released in 2020. Read it.

You realize these are the same deflections and excuses since 2012? “Obama didn’t create racism” “he did the best that he could”

You even resort to name calling people to defend a man that doesn’t even know you exist. It’s crazy how a politician can achieve such deity status all because he has brown skin

If Obama had the same track record as president but was a white man would you defend him so vehemently? If I showed you those same graphs under trumps presidency would you be here saying “trump didn’t create racism!”
Tell me exactly how Obama was supposed to get anything done when the republicans' mandate was literally to block him at every turn and the democrats being indolent as usual.

i don't get what you guys thought he'd do exactly. he was the first black president...ever, and you expect him to work specifically to benefit black americans? were you even adults when he was running for elections in 2007? i wasn't and even I remember all the shyt he had to go through on both sides of the isle to get to the whitehouse. how, then, would you expect him to deal with a economic crises AND bipartisan politics AND 2 wars people wanted out of amongst a gamut of other issues.

i'd prefer not to carry on this discussion. but this talking point about obama betraying black people and not helping them is juvenile and short-sighted. the president is not a monarch that can do as they please. what you guys wanted was king obama or dictator obama, not president obama. grow up or run for office if you think you can do better than him. its your american right to

bnew

Veteran
Daps
Am I reading the charts wrong or was there a dip across all races in 2008? Not just the black race.

6blOsyo.gif

Ricky Fontaine

Superstar
Daps
The non critical thinking, Obama is king negroes in here floundering once again.

The man basically told us at several junctions he didn't give AF about black people, why can't y'all accept it?

Can any of the Obama dikk riders explain that Blue Alert bullshyt he signed into law after all those police brutality killings of black people? :martin:

Daps
Its simple, his econmoic proposals and policies that he signed into law was very beneficial for corporations and the already wealthy...He did not sign into law any polcies that address the Black working class in this country..Yea you will get alot of his bootlickin supporters who will cite surface level things...But when we get down to the nitty gritty, the result of his polcies are an exceleration to zero wealth for Black American by 2050 (perhaps sooner)
Can you explain what he, or any politician can do, that doesn’t involved sending checks to us?

Daps
What a lot of people don’t talk about The housing market crash that caused the Great Recession of 2008
What a lot of people don’t talk about The housing market crash that caused the Great Recession of 2008 was that banks largely targeted black people with predatory subprime loans. Banks like Wells Fargo literally had terms like “mud people” for black people and specifically targeted elderly black people in churches.

When Obama signed the bailouts into law there was nothing in writing specifically targeted towards black Americans the same way they targeted black families with predatory loans. As a result, white families were able to build even more wealth while black people lost what little wealth they had
The Justice Department made Wells Fargo pay out 184 million in 2012, and 2 billion in 2018.

Daps
Why are we the only ones expected to be 'above' receiving checks? Everybody else, even those who are here illegally, receive checks.
Where are you getting this from? Who is getting checks? Do you mean illegals living in housing similar to the projects? Are black people not receiving section 8, food stamps, etc? That’s what illegals and other groups get when in need. If you mean grants, you have to apply for those. Black people apply, and are awarded grants all the time. The government isn’t going to knock on your door, and hold your hand through the application process. It still comes down to personal effort. Even the black folks taken advantage of by the predatory loans put effort into applying in the first place.

HarlemHottie

Uptown Thoroughbred
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
Where are you getting this from? Who is getting checks?
Where tf you been? This is old.

New York will offer payments of up to $15,600 to undocumented immigrants affected by the pandemic, in a sweeping move which could benefit nearly 300,000 people in the state.
Other undocumented immigrants who are unable to meet the same level of verification will be eligible for $3,200the amount of federal assistance payments many Americans have already received

Do you mean illegals living in housing similar to the projects? Are black people not receiving section 8, food stamps, etc? That’s what illegals and other groups get when in need. If you mean grants, you have to apply for those. Black people apply, and are awarded grants all the time. The government isn’t going to knock on your door, and hold your hand through the application process. It still comes down to personal effort. Even the black folks taken advantage of by the predatory loans put effort into applying in the first place.

c00n babble. Other ppl get checks: Ukrainians, Syrians, the whole damn Hasidim in NYC and NYS, I could go on...

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Am I reading the charts wrong or was there a dip across all races in 2008? Not just the black race.

Let the fools gather and cluck out loud while patting themselves in the back. It's amusing.

So far I've learned Obama was responsible for Black people's plight with bad mortgage lenders.

:mjgrin:

RickyDiBiase

The Sword of Jesus of Nazareth
Daps
Reppin
Cbus
Where tf you been? This is old.

New York will offer payments of up to $15,600 to undocumented immigrants affected by the pandemic, in a sweeping move which could benefit nearly 300,000 people in the state.
Other undocumented immigrants who are unable to meet the same level of verification will be eligible for $3,200the amount of federal assistance payments many Americans have already received

c00n babble. Other ppl get checks: Ukrainians, Syrians, the whole damn Hasidim in NYC and NYS, I could go on...

You not serious about reparations if all you boil it down to is checks breh