while i'm sure it will surpass it one day, why was there no word of Ant Man doing GREEN LANTERN #s??

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
From the article:

That sums up how I have felt about Ant-Man and pretty much the majority of Marvel's movies.

I listen to a lot of podcasts about it yesterday and a lot of people would be like *sigh* " it's fine. "Personally I see a lot of these movies just to stay in the pop culture conversation

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I listen to a lot of podcasts about it yesterday and a lot of people would be like *sigh* " it's fine. "Personally I see a lot of these movies just to stay in the pop culture conversation
I am a full blown comic book nerd so I see all of these movies on Day 1 but while they are very successful, too many of the Marvel films are just meh.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
You Know with all the talk about the Incredible hulk I just realized it was on of the few movies that didn't follow the Marvel Formula and it did bad in theater despite the fact that I actually enjoyed that movie. It's no wonder than that Marvel keeps following its formula bc it makes money.

That movie not doing too well is low-key one of the reasons they got into 'safe mode' and built all the other Phase 1 introductions (Captain America and Thor) on the exact same formula of Iron Man, down to the opening scene taking place ahead of the actual start of the story, which I always felt was the most random ass thing to copy from that movie.

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
Hollywood needs to just let the comic stuff sit for a while. It's repetitive. But, they can squeak out a little green so Hollywood is going to bleed this turnip until it screams for mercy.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Hollywood needs to just let the comic stuff sit for a while. It's repetitive. But, they can squeak out a little green so Hollywood is going to bleed this turnip until it screams for mercy.

I think what they need to do is stop making comic book flicks and make movies about this screaming turnip you mentioned breh. That's a goldmine

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
Dude is a 3rd Tier Superhero, actually those are fairly respectable numbers, on top of that Paul Rudd seems drier than he usually is which is a problem because he's a charismatic smartazz which would have actually fit the movie's tone perfectly.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
wow, that bar keeps getting lowered doesn't it.
apparently Marvel is raising the bar if getting 58 million for a D list comic character is a joke like you are trying to imply with this thread

really? most people actually legit enjoy the movie and the formula.

its 8/10 on IMDB now, 80% on RT, and 64% on metacritic. and if you dont like those go on twitter, facebook or other social media outlets and you'll see the response has been more positive than anything.

why are they going to stop giving the people what they obviously want/enjoy. just because a random group of coli posters/bloggers are over Marvel doesnt mean anything to them.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
It got nikkas thinking 58 million for antman, a character NOBODY outside of comic book readers has ever heard of, is a flop or sign of fatigue.

San Andreas, a nothing IP.. opened up over $50M it's first weekend. That shows how big The Rock has gotten but it also shows that $50M weekends aren't what they once were. :manny: