while i'm sure it will surpass it one day, why was there no word of Ant Man doing GREEN LANTERN #s??

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Im taking my enitre family to see that shyt, im dragging all my white friends too :birdman:

we seeing that bytch in IMAX 3D too :birdman:

Got my african dress code on lock

It STILL won't be enough:russ:

The question is "who do we blame" then??:sas2:

BP gonna do so poorly DC gonna go back to the drawing board and rethink that rumored Cyborg flick.:lolbron:

Either they gonna cancel it and just do a Blue Beetle flick or change Cyborg white!!!:mjlol:

Numero Deux

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Unapproachable East
It STILL won't be enough:russ:

The question is "who do we blame" then??:sas2:

BP gonna do so poorly DC gonna go back to the drawing board and rethink that rumored Cyborg flick.:lolbron:

Either they gonna cancel it and just do a Blue Beetle flick or change Cyborg white!!!:mjlol:

I'm not sure what Marvel's direction will be for BP (Whetever they'll portray him as the ruler of an advanced African civilization or water him down to just "Batman, but blacker"). I believe that the release of BP will be seen as an experiment, the results of which will be considered to be concrete evidence in Hollywood's eyes of the following:

If black folks don't bother paying money to see BP:

-It might be said that we shouldn't bother complaining about a lack of black heroes/protagonists on the screen, because we clearly don't actually want to see any. (I'm not just talking about in superhero films either).

If the "general audience" (white people) don't see BP:

-It will serve as confirmation of Hollywood's belief that general audiences don't want to see blacks portrayed as heroes or in leading roles in general and as such they should not attempt such a thing again

-It will serve as evidence that despite how many folks complain about the "racelifting" of characters who are white in the source material into black (see Idris in Thor, MBJ in F4, Will in SS), and their claims that they want this practice to stop in favor of movies centered around original characters who were black to begin with in the source material being played by black actors in said movies, they don't actually put their money where their mouth is

If it doesn't do "well enough" overseas (especially in their precious Chinese markets)

-Black heroes can't draw overseas (especially in China)

If nothing else, the reactions to the BP should be interesting. :sas1:

Last edited:

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
San Andreas, a nothing IP.. opened up over $50M it's first weekend. That shows how big The Rock has gotten but it also shows that $50M weekends aren't what they once were. :manny:
and alot of other movies this year didnt get 50 million. its in the top 10 for movies this year in terms of opening weekend

its an origin story of a character nobody has ever heard about starring an even lesser known actor in paul rudd

1 1 Jurassic World $208,806,270 4,274 6/12 -
2 2 Avengers: Age of Ultron $191,271,109 4,276 5/1 -
3 3 Furious 7 $147,187,040 4,004 4/3 -
4 5 Minions $115,718,405 4,301 7/10 -
5 4 Inside Out $90,440,272 3,946 6/19 -
6 9 Fifty Shades of Grey $85,171,450 3,646 2/13 -
7 7 Pitch Perfect 2 $69,216,890 3,473 5/15 -
8 6 Cinderella (2015) $67,877,361 3,845 3/13 -
9 22 Ant-Man $57,225,526 3,856 7/17 -
10 10 The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge Out of Water $55,365,012 3,641 2/6 -
11 11 San Andreas $54,588,173 3,777 5/29 -
12 13 The Divergent Series: Insurgent $52,263,680 3,875 3/20 7/9
13 8 Home (2015) $52,107,731 3,708 3/27 -

most of those 50 mil opening movies are sequels or have some sort of major cultural impact where the story is already known whether it be cinderella or fifty shades of gray. getting 50 mil off top isnt that easy. especially with a character that no one has ever heard of. yall are so reluctant to give marvel props its hilarious. you can hate their product but still acknowledge they are doing something right obviously as evidenced by the good reviews and money coming in

yeah i originally thought if any marvel movie was going to flop it'd be captain marvel. but now im pretty sure its going to be black panther. name alone will push people away. then when you actually get into the story :wow: as long as its a good flick we will eat regardless

Conz

Superstar
Daps
i know kids are retards, but how could any kid want to see Home? how did that do well? looked awful across the board

Daps
Reppin
Continental U.S.
What's this if black panther flops it means the death of black male leads nonsense
That don't even make sense given that F7 is killing it ov34 seas and the cast is diverse with 2 racially ambiguous guys, 2 hispanic, and 3 black people.

Hancock despite a shytty second half made money. Will Smith despite a decline in popularity is still one of the biggest movie stars in the world. :francis:

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
What's this if black panther flops it means the death of black male leads nonsense
That don't even make sense given that F7 is killing it ov34 seas and the cast is diverse with 2 racially ambiguous guys, 2 hispanic, and 3 black people.

Hancock despite a shytty second half made money. Will Smith despite a decline in popularity is still one of the biggest movie stars in the world. :francis:

Yea... it's a little interesting how gleefully hopeful some people are for BP to flop :patrice:

At the end of the day, a movie about a high tech, sleek armored 'batman' wrecking shyt in the expanded MCU is not flopping overseas lol. After Earth, John Carter, Battleship, Edge of Tomorrow, Hancock, Pacific Rim... all 'domestic' failures that did major bank internationally b/c foreign audiences eat that sci-fi/fantasy shyt up off GP.

To put it in perspective, the Rock's Hercules, which was considered a major flop and 'lost' to Lucy opening weekend... still pulled in 173 million overseas.

Oh and 'Home' with the black girl? That did 193 million internationally...

But let hollywood tell it with their bullshyt :mjpls: and we still got nyggas believing that shyt :mjlol:

And domestic wise.. blacks, latinos and comic nerds are gonna flock to it just as long as the trailer looks dope. Throw in a shot of him shaking Chis Evans hand or something and white folks will feel comfortable joining in too :troll:

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Yea... it's a little interesting how gleefully hopeful some people are for BP to flop :patrice:

At the end of the day, a movie about a high tech, sleek armored 'batman' wrecking shyt in the expanded MCU is not flopping overseas lol. After Earth, John Carter, Battleship, Edge of Tomorrow, Hancock, Pacific Rim... all 'domestic' failures that did major bank internationally b/c foreign audiences eat that sci-fi/fantasy shyt up off GP.

To put it in perspective, the Rock's Hercules, which was considered a major flop and 'lost' to Lucy opening weekend... still pulled in 173 million overseas.

Oh and 'Home' with the black girl? That did 193 million internationally...

But let hollywood tell it with their bullshyt :mjpls: and we still got nyggas believing that shyt :mjlol:

And domestic wise.. blacks, latinos and comic nerds are gonna flock to it just as long as the trailer looks dope. Throw in a shot of him shaking Chis Evans hand or something and white folks will feel comfortable joining in too :troll:

No breh... you got it wrong... not one person in here wants BP to flop..... Now Cyborg, I cant speak for that... but BP is the Danial Bryan of comics.... the college Tim Tebow on espn. Everyone wants to see it do well.

But the question is will "the coli" be enough and speaking of the coli. The brehs in here are so flimsy and flip floppy. So quick to call a black person a "c00n" and other BS. These niccas aint loyal and the moment theres a sign of weakness they will attack like sharks..... but thats after the fact... for now they wanna see this shyt make it

Daps
Reppin
Continental U.S.
No breh... you got it wrong... not one person in here wants BP to flop..... Now Cyborg, I cant speak for that... but BP is the Danial Bryan of comics.... the college Tim Tebow on espn. Everyone wants to see it do well.

But the question is will "the coli" be enough and speaking of the coli. The brehs in here are so flimsy and flip floppy. So quick to call a black person a "c00n" and other BS. These niccas aint loyal and the moment theres a sign of weakness they will attack like sharks..... but thats after the fact... for now they wanna see this shyt make it
How does BP flopping which I hope it doesnt mean people don't want to see black leads internationally. If it does that's only bc the movie sucked nothing else breh. And like other breh if does domestically it will recoup overseas bc contrary to what you been told black lead movies do make money overseas. Take that Denzel movie that came out a lil while ago. That shyt made money over seas

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
I made quite a few posts about how I loved the movie. :dahell:

I can separate shyt that I like from business discussion.
So out of all that you picked one sentence to try and act like you not trying to dismiss an antman origin movie doing 50+ million.

Alright I guess it flopped :yeshrug: should've done 100 million. Yall talk about Marvel fans but the last two movies from them threads have been made trying to imply that a billion dollars was a flop/fatigue and now 58 million for a D list character is a flop/fatigue. It'll be the same thing for civil war. Yall stay feeling some type of way because everyone else actually enjoys the films.

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
I'm not sure what Marvel's direction will be for BP (Whetever they'll portray him as the ruler of an advanced African civilization or water him down to just "Batman, but blacker"). I believe that the release of BP will be seen as an experiment, the results of which will be considered to be concrete evidence in Hollywood's eyes of the following:

If black folks don't bother paying money to see BP:

-It might be said that we shouldn't bother complaining about a lack of black heroes/protagonists on the screen, because we clearly don't actually want to see any. (I'm not just talking about in superhero films either).

If the "general audience" (white people) don't see BP:

-It will serve as confirmation of Hollywood's belief that general audiences don't want to see blacks portrayed as heroes or in leading roles in general and as such they should not attempt such a thing again

-It will serve as evidence that despite how many folks complain about the "racelifting" of characters who are white in the source material into black (see Idris in Thor, MBJ in F4, Will in SS), and their claims that they want this practice to stop in favor of movies centered around original characters who were black to begin with in the source material being played by black actors in said movies, they don't actually put their money where their mouth is

If it doesn't do "well enough" overseas (especially in their precious Chinese markets)

-Black heroes can't draw overseas (especially in China)

I think it will do well enough in the states, U.K, Australia, France, Germany and Brazil, but Asia and Russia? unless they put another prominent white Avenger in :mjpls:, that's even after two prior appearances in big event films before the actual film itself.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
Black Panther and Captain Marvel are gonna need excellent supporting casts. No matter how cool the movies look, no one is flockin to see Chadwick Boseman and an Emily Blunt type. I think Dr. Strange is gonna be weird and ground breaking enough to make Cap/Thor bank without even seeing the Marvel name. it's just not gonna look like a "superhero" movie on the surface and i think that's gonna be appealing.