Which wrestlers of today do you think would be able to survive a territory locker room?

Damnshow

Veteran
Daps
This.

I don't know why people think they can fight REAL fighters and not get KTFO

Even a lot of female fighters would fukk up 90% of your average couch riding dudes. :russ:
Because some of them think if they are a lil bit taller a lil bit heavier they might sneak in few punches, fukk around and find out.

All the MMA fighters with different styles who can punch, kick, grapple, you name it. Many of them train since early childhood.

Which makes CM Punk's UFC career one of the funniest things related to professional wrestling and MMA. It's a prime example of a guy, who trained a bit of wrestling, could take the pain, thinking if he trains a year or two he could step in the octagon. Couldn't beat a photographer who had a little bit of professional boxing and kickboxing experience (and he was high off the weed in the match).

I imagine some bytch ass chief jay strong from 1973 trying to fight a modern MMA fighter. Would knock all them indian gimmicks out that italian bozo.

Damnshow

Veteran
Daps
I think Styles is an interesting mention. Vast majority of wrestlers are pure scumbags but you get the occasional person like Steamboat that was was more or less a decent guy. All that christian bullshyt styles is on would be put to the limit.
Ay since we're on this subject. Didn't the old man Ted DiBiase had a Christian Ministry or something? And he was doing all kinds of fraudulent activity, receiving welfare money from Mississippi on some Brett Favre shyt? :russ:

Million dollar man opening up a church to give motivational speeches and collect the plate :mjlol: like a wrestling gimmick, except it's the reality.

A lot of these so called christian wrestlers were fraudulent. AJ might be one of just a few who probably stayed faithful to his religion without scamming. Or who knows!

SmarkMero

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
giphy.gif

Bugzbunny129

All Star
Daps
Because some of them think if they are a lil bit taller a lil bit heavier they might sneak in few punches, fukk around and find out.

All the MMA fighters with different styles who can punch, kick, grapple, you name it. Many of them train since early childhood.

Which makes CM Punk's UFC career one of the funniest things related to professional wrestling and MMA. It's a prime example of a guy, who trained a bit of wrestling, could take the pain, thinking if he trains a year or two he could step in the octagon. Couldn't beat a photographer who had a little bit of professional boxing and kickboxing experience (and he was high off the weed in the match).

I imagine some bytch ass chief jay strong from 1973 trying to fight a modern MMA fighter. Would knock all them indian gimmicks out that italian bozo.

This.

I don't know why people think they can fight REAL fighters and not get KTFO

Even a lot of female fighters would fukk up 90% of your average couch riding dudes. :russ:

Dude, The Miz barely made it in the late 2000s locker room. They damn near had that nikka washing draws:childplease:

Imagine with his arrogance & profile he came into fukkin' Harley Race's locker room:lolbron:

Some of yall must be real ignorant to the past because REAL FIGHTERS had no way to make money back then… EXCEPT WRESTLING

Thats what mma/tough guys did back in
They created the trainings people use today.

Of course there were bums in wrestling. Always werr and still are.

But every terrutory had guys who could do whatever they wanted with any random person.

All the early shooters and hookers were WORLD CLASS fighters who couldnt make a living any other way then in WRESTLING. Fake as it was. Period. That was the business and what it was built on until the 70s/80s.

The list of guys who are straight legends in legit fighting world were in those territories and people talking about MATT RIDDLE and BOBBY LASHLEY because they had a few fights.

like wow.

Harley race got in more fights a month then those guys been in their whole life

Talking about jay strongbow lmao. Try wahoo mcdaniel.

Some of yall talking like every territory was memphis with jerry lawler and bill dundee. Or some indy show.

The whos who of tough guys were all in wrestling as mma didnt even exist. If you lost a bar fight ya lost your job.

Add that to an entirely different road life. I doubt very few could hack it whatsoever.

Cm punk was never a fighter. Got dropped by teddy hart in pajamas and flip flops. It wasnt the part that he was a wrestler and got washed. He was always getting washed.

Damnshow

Veteran
Daps
Some of yall must be real ignorant to the past because REAL FIGHTERS had no way to make money back then… EXCEPT WRESTLING

Thats what mma/tough guys did back in
They created the trainings people use today.

Of course there were bums in wrestling. Always werr and still are.

But every terrutory had guys who could do whatever they wanted with any random person.

All the early shooters and hookers were WORLD CLASS fighters who couldnt make a living any other way then in WRESTLING. Fake as it was. Period. That was the business and what it was built on until the 70s/80s.

The list of guys who are straight legends in legit fighting world were in those territories and people talking about MATT RIDDLE and BOBBY LASHLEY because they had a few fights.

like wow.

Harley race got in more fights a month then those guys been in their whole life

Talking about jay strongbow lmao. Try wahoo mcdaniel.

Some of yall talking like every territory was memphis with jerry lawler and bill dundee. Or some indy show.

The whos who of tough guys were all in wrestling as mma didnt even exist. If you lost a bar fight ya lost your job.

Add that to an entirely different road life. I doubt very few could hack it whatsoever.

Cm punk was never a fighter. Got dropped by teddy hart in pajamas and flip flops. It wasnt the part that he was a wrestler and got washed. He was always getting washed.
I am well aware of the past.

Back in the old days there was no MMA at all. Even a lot of martial arts weren't popular in America in old days.

My point is, fighters today are more advanced than back then, and we are here comparing today's era with the past. Cheatin Gracie's used to whoop the asses of various competitions. Then Kazushi Sakuraba, who actually started as a professional wrestler, worked a lot on mixed martial arts and defeated Gracie's. And then all these dudes got destroyed by the next era of fighters like Silva, Cro Cop, etc. And then guys like Crop Cop started stacking up L's in UFC against the next era of fighters. It evolves. You think Brock Lesnar or Bobby Lashley would lose in a fight to Wahoo because he was a linebacker in the 60s? You think these guys would have a hard time beating dudes that Wahoo beat?

Obviously you ain't gonna whoop somebody like Harley Race. But entire locker room wasn't filled with Harley's, Haku's, etc.

And I'm talking about strictly one on one fights, not about handling drugs and travelling.

Daps
Reppin
Eagle, Colorado
Ay since we're on this subject. Didn't the old man Ted DiBiase had a Christian Ministry or something? And he was doing all kinds of fraudulent activity, receiving welfare money from Mississippi on some Brett Favre shyt? :russ:

Million dollar man opening up a church to give motivational speeches and collect the plate :mjlol: like a wrestling gimmick, except it's the reality.

A lot of these so called christian wrestlers were fraudulent. AJ might be one of just a few who probably stayed faithful to his religion without scamming. Or who knows!
Yeah. Ted did the classic thing of being a scumbag and finding religion to mask all the dirt you've done if I recall correctly.

I've been listening to the lapsed fan and they're covering Hogan's run in TNA and one of his great ideas was to make AJ styles Ric flair's protege and you couldn't find two more diametrically opposed people in the business.

I think Bron Steiner or whatever they're calling him would be straight.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
I wonder if Sheamus would survive the initial hazing of a territory locker room. Dude seemed pretty insecure and had some issues because he was perceived as "HHH's guy", the 60's-80's guys would've tried to kick him out of the biz ASAP and I'm not sure he would've endured.

On the other hand, I feel Drew would've come out stronger after the initial bullying he would've received.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
I’m considering guys i could see dealing with the traveling, boozing, roiding, coke, fighting, and having to fight to not get fukked over by the bosses
  • Ambrose - he would do all of the above, never be sent to rehab, and is about his paper. I dont even like him but in another era he’s probably a ryder
  • The hardy boys
  • The entire hurt business because theyre shooters, and would have each other’s back.
  • Ziggler though he might be a stooge
  • Reigns since he came up in the biz
  • I mean brock obviously
  • Zayn, Styles, and KO, basically lived that life already
  • Sheamus for sure
  • Idk if anderson and gallows got hands but they would party hard asf in that era for sure.
Ziggler would've died of overdose before he became a midcard guy :russ:

Does Jeff even get to the New Generation Era? :lupe:

I feel like Owens and Zayn were able to make it because backstage politics and locker room vibe changed a lot in the past 15 years. Not sure they endure the fukked up shyt of the territories, they are not shooters so they can't avoid the bullying and hazing. Then again, both of them probably go to Stu Hart and have completely different training then they had in the 2000s.

Damnshow

Veteran
Daps
Yeah. Ted did the classic thing of being a scumbag and finding religion to mask all the dirt you've done if I recall correctly.

I've been listening to the lapsed fan and they're covering Hogan's run in TNA and one of his great ideas was to make AJ styles Ric flair's protege and you couldn't find two more diametrically opposed people in the business.

I think Bron Steiner or whatever they're calling him would be straight.
Hogan only cares about Hogan. Not surprised by anything I heard about him. When he joined TNA and said he would mentor younger wrestlers, boy did that make me laugh. What was Hogan ever gonna tell Samoa Joe or AJ Styles...

Only the guy who ruined two big wrestling promotions could think that AJ Styles being Ric Flair's protege was ever gonna be a great idea.

Both in ring and outside the ring, like you said, it gets as opposed as possible.

Ric's every wrestling match was the same:
He flips over the top, he runs down, he climbs up, they slam him off, he cuts his forehead (the fans go crazy "oh hey look it's that old guy from the 70s bleeding") then there's a ref distraction, he punches his opponent in the groin area. 1, 2, 3, the match is over.

If I was AJ I woulda left the company as soon Hogan and bytchoff took over. Handing vince russo's nonsense was already enough. He should have joined WWE sooner. Did his thing, and moved elsewhere, cause now WWE is underbooking AJ as well.