Which NBA Player Has the fewest flaws in their game?

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
KD has weaknesses people just disregard them because he’s a “hooper” and is an aesthetic scorer.

High dribble, loose handle, slender frame, mediocre passer not bad out doubles and reactive situations but not instinctual too many blind spots and weak limp-wrist passes and overambitious fast balls that lead to TO’s as well as late reads, not a great game manager or on-floor leader, gets jump shot happy at times instead of applying slashing rim pressure with his length. All these things are reasons why in the past he’s struggled against traps and double teams in the playoffs. He has a 4:3 career assists to turnover ratio which is mediocre for a high usage wing player. TO’s was an issue for him this season was averaging over 4 per 36 minutes for a good chunk of the season. Nets adding Harden put KD off-ball more and limited his TO’s a bit.

For many years in his career he was also a mediocre defender he has transformed himself into a very good individual perimeter defender and a solid shot blocker still has tendencies to get screened or backdoored ball watching not a strong team defender and that limits his defensive impact.

KD has weaknesses yeah he’s a beast and a lab creation but yes dude has flaws.

For least weaknesses you have to go with MJ that’s why he’s the G.O.A.T., his only weaknesses are three point shooting (elite jump shooter otherwise), not trusting teammates (good playmaker despite it, drew too much attention to not open things up), and on defense he struggled in the post and reached in a lot and then later on quick guards could get the best of him but dude was a defensive playmaker his gambles often paid off.
To add to this post Giannis actually has less flaws/weaknesses than Durant.

Giannis just has a major flaw and it’s him being a poor jump shooter and mediocre FT shooter. His low post game is also simple and he has an average jump hook.

But he’s a much better defender than Durant, he has a G.O.A.T. basketball physique and is a better athlete than Durant, he doesn’t have Durant’s shift and crossovers but he is a more secure ball handler in tight spaces, Giannis whole floor awareness and court vision is also better that’s why Ainge said he saw the next Scottie Pippen it’s one of his best traits, Giannis is also a very good leader that’s not KD who himself admits he’s not a leader.

The question is do Giannis big flaw outweigh all of KD’s lil ones.

Last edited:

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
THE TAPE DON'T LIE

TO SUGGEST BRON IS A BETTER DEFENDER THAN KOBE IS BLASPHEMOUS

I'M NOT PAYING U NO MORE MIND

:mjlol:
U Kobe stans been downplaying LeBron’s defense for years trying to get a leg up and pass it off as fact.

The fact is that LeBron James was a legitimate DPoY candidate and Kobe never was.

Most of you clowns don’t know shyt about defense either.

Controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly
U Kobe stans been downplaying LeBron’s defense for years trying to get a leg up and pass it off as fact.

The fact is that LeBron James was a legitimate DPoY candidate and Kobe never was.

Most of you clowns don’t know shyt about defense either.

Bron ran from tough assignments too much to be considered a great defender

He'd rather 6'4 Iman Shumpert defend KD than him

Bron been hidden on defense for too long

Kobe was consistently top 3 among superstars in level of defense

I hoop, y'all nikkas don't hoop, so I know you don't know the intricacies of the game

We saw Kobe & Bron on the same team twice (08 & 12 Olympics)...Kob was clearly the superior defender

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Bron ran from tough assignments too much to be considered a great defender

He'd rather 6'4 Iman Shumpert defend KD than him

Bron been hidden on defense for too long

Kobe was consistently top 3 among superstars in level of defense

I hoop, y'all nikkas don't hoop, so I know you don't know the intricacies of the game

We saw Kobe & Bron on the same team twice (08 & 12 Olympics)...Kob was clearly the superior defender
U don’t know nothing about defense…

Superstar players get hid to conserve energy for the offensive end. It just happened with Giannis. Bud refused to put him on KD.

In history MJ, Kobe, and LeBron all were hid on defense to conserve energy. That’s what the likes of Harper and Pippen, Ariza and Artest, Battier and Shumpert, and in these playoffs P.J. Tucker and Jrue are for. Even Kawhi since leaving the Spurs conserves his energy and you will see Marcus Morris defending someone like Doncic.

LeBron routinely took that responsibility of guarding the best or hottest player regardless of position in the 4Q especially in the playoffs. He was a strait jacket when he took guys on saw it with everyone from Tony Parker, to Carmelo, to Joe Johnson, to Pierce, and D-Rose.

D1mMPdH.png

U also don’t know shyt about defense all you care about is isolation defense. Stop it the FACTS are LeBron is a multiple time DPoY runner-up, he was a flat out more versatile and higher impact team defender.

LeBron was the best defender in the ‘08 Olympics. Team USA pressed the fukk out of teams. Kobe was the point of attack defender and the captain of the team he was the vet. LeBron was an an athletic freak and way too strong. He was Team USA’s best rim protector he and Wade were a serious problem blowing up play actions. LeBron averaged 3.5 steals and 1.5 blocks per 36 minutes in the Olympics.

Last edited:

Controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly
U don’t know nothing about defense…

Superstar players get hid to conserve energy for the offensive end. It just happened with Giannis. Bud refused to put him on KD.

In history MJ, Kobe, and LeBron all were hid on defense to conserve energy. That’s what the likes of Harper and Pippen, Ariza and Artest, Battier and Shumpert, and in these playoffs P.J. Tucker and Jrue are for. Even Kawhi since leaving the Spurs conserves his energy and you will see Marcus Morris defending someone like Doncic.

LeBron routinely took that responsibility of guarding the best or hottest player regardless of position in the 4Q especially in the playoffs. He was a strait jacket when he took guys on saw it with everyone from Tony Parker, to Carmelo, to Joe Johnson, to Pierce, and D-Rose.

D1mMPdH.png

U also don’t know shyt about defense all you care about is isolation defense. Stop it the FACTS are LeBron is a multiple time DPoY runner-up, he was a flat out more versatile and higher impact team defender.

LeBron was the best defender in the ‘08 Olympics. Team USA pressed the fukk out of teams. Kobe was the point of attack defender and the captain of the team he was the vet. LeBron was an an athletic freak and way too strong. He was Team USA’s best rim protector he and Wade were a serious problem blowing up play actions. LeBron averaged 3.5 steals and 1.5 blocks per 36 minutes in the Olympics.

remove the stan goggles

Bron had a 5 yr stretch as a good defender...he has been mediocre most of his career

It's not ability, moreso inconsistent effort

not rotating, losing track of his man for wide open shots, giving up too many dunks & layups

Kobe wasn't afraid to check ANY G in the league: MJ, Mac, Vince, AI, Hibachi, Bibby, Franchise, Kyrie, Ray, Beard, Westbrook, Deron, etc...he checked them all

my man was in Y17 defending PGs

a bad season defensively for Kob was better than Bron's avg def season

You need to check the 08 Olympic tapes, STANLEY...Kob became the Doberman bc he was dogging' nikkas on defense

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
remove the stan goggles

Bron had a 5 yr stretch as a good defender...he has been mediocre most of his career

It's not ability, moreso inconsistent effort

not rotating, losing track of his man for wide open shots, giving up too many dunks & layups

Kobe wasn't afraid to check ANY G in the league: MJ, Mac, Vince, AI, Hibachi, Bibby, Franchise, Kyrie, Ray, Beard, Westbrook, Deron, etc...he checked them all

my man was in Y17 defending PGs

a bad season defensively for Kob was better than Bron's avg def season

You need to check the 08 Olympic tapes, STANLEY...Kob became the Doberman bc he was dogging' nikkas on defense

U a stan LeBron’s defensive analytics blow Kobe’s out the water.

LeBron is the better defender. Stronger, faster, smarter. Defends more positions, can protect the rim, strong post defender, strong on-ball defender, can jump the passing lanes, barely fouls, best transition defender ever, strong help and weak side defender, strong P&R defender hard to screen him. His only weaknesses are inconsistent effort in the latter part of his career and he can be vulnerable to quickness on the outside. All in all has some of the greatest defensive plays in history, has several notable lockdown performances, always ramped up in the playoffs, was a legitimate DPoY candidate for several years as a wing.

Everything you’re saying is what Phil Jackson said about Kobe’s defense. :mjlol:

LeBron don’t guard the best player yet in those old Cleveland vs. Lakers matchups, LeBron got more reps on Kobe than vice versa yeah he liked guarding PG’s because of his length advantage:mjlol:

Nah u check the tapes Kobe was the captain of the team and appointed himself defensive stopper he took pride in that. If you actually watch the tape it’s LeBron breaking up play actions getting into the passing lanes at will and throwing them nikkas shots all over the gym and literally grabbing Chinese nikkas shots off the glass, him, Wade, and Kobe were terrors together with the ball pressure on the ball full court.

I’m done going back and forth about this with a Kobe stan.

Controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly
U a stan LeBron’s defensive analytics blow Kobe’s out the water.

LeBron is the better defender. Stronger, faster, smarter. Defends more positions, can protect the rim, strong post defender, strong on-ball defender, can jump the passing lanes, barely fouls, best transition defender ever, strong help and weak side defender, strong P&R defender hard to screen him. His only weaknesses are inconsistent effort in the latter part of his career and he can be vulnerable to quickness on the outside. All in all has some of the greatest defensive plays in history, has several notable lockdown performances, always ramped up in the playoffs, was a legitimate DPoY candidate for several years as a wing.

Everything you’re saying is what Phil Jackson said about Kobe’s defense. :mjlol:

LeBron don’t guard the best player yet in those old Cleveland vs. Lakers matchups, LeBron got more reps on Kobe than vice versa yeah he liked guarding PG’s because of his length advantage:mjlol:

Nah u check the tapes Kobe was the captain of the team and appointed himself defensive stopper he took pride in that. If you actually watch the tape it’s LeBron breaking up play actions getting into the passing lanes at will and throwing them nikkas shots all over the gym and literally grabbing Chinese nikkas shots off the glass, him, Wade, and Kobe were terrors together with the ball pressure on the ball full court.

I’m done going back and forth about this with a Kobe stan.

Just ignore the fact that he didn't play great def his first 5 yrs, in his 2nd Cle stint, his first yr in LA, and when the 2nd half of this season

Ignore the fact Paul Pierce was giving him 40 in the offs, KD also cooking him, Kawhi being super efficient against him...don't eeeeeem get me started on how the Mavs were cooking him

Bron had a high peak defensively, but not longevity....defense starts with effort, and it's not there with him...I've seen him give up on too many plays and blame teammates

And when you talk about his defense you don't mention lateral quickness, that's the #1 thing you need as a perimeter defender

Main man is 6'9 260 and don't wanna bang with PFs

My nikkas Kobe defended 1-3 with ease, and 4s on occasion when needed, and didn't complain

Lakers won chips with defense...my nikka was clamping MVP AI in the finals, and u wanna talk to me about taking on assignments...Kobe was the blueprint in the 2000s of putting a superstar on hot perimeter players

Bron rest all game and then wanna check superstars the last 3 mins, FOH

My nikka defended Westbrook for entire series knowing he would have to expend more energy defending him

Ain't no comparison

All that length, speed & strength means nothing if you don't have heart to check your matchup

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Just ignore the fact that he didn't play great def his first 5 yrs, in his 2nd Cle stint, his first yr in LA, and when the 2nd half of this season

Ignore the fact Paul Pierce was giving him 40 in the offs, KD also cooking him, Kawhi being super efficient against him...don't eeeeeem get me started on how the Mavs were cooking him

Bron had a high peak defensively, but not longevity....defense starts with effort, and it's not there with him...I've seen him give up on too many plays and blame teammates

And when you talk about his defense you don't mention lateral quickness, that's the #1 thing you need as a perimeter defender

Main man is 6'9 260 and don't wanna bang with PFs

My nikkas Kobe defended 1-3 with ease, and 4s on occasion when needed, and didn't complain

Lakers won chips with defense...my nikka was clamping MVP AI in the finals, and u wanna talk to me about taking on assignments...Kobe was the blueprint in the 2000s of putting a superstar on hot perimeter players

Bron rest all game and then wanna check superstars the last 3 mins, FOH

My nikka defended Westbrook for entire series knowing he would have to expend more energy defending him

Ain't no comparison

All that length, speed & strength means nothing if you don't have heart to check your matchup
Just because LeBron didn’t make an All-Defensive Team his first 5 years doesn’t mean he wasn’t a good defender. He got better year after year. There was actually competition for All-Defensive Teams at the forward spots throughout his career unlike at the guards. That’s why nikkas like Shawn Marion never made a team. It was actual competition, ATG defenders there, you wasn’t competing with mfs like Raja Bell. Even in 2021, LeBron had a very good defensive season but he’s up against Jimmy, Draymond, PG, Kawhi to get on the team.

LeBron’s worse defense was the second stint in Cleveland. 2017, 2018. Those was horrible defensive teams and LeBron effort was at its worse points they just looked to outscore you. 2016 Finals was some of the best defense LeBron ever played, Kobe could never play defense like that in his life.

Paul Pierce shot under 40% for his career against LeBron in the playoffs dude. If it’s about one game it’s plenty of games Kobe got major buckets put on his head many times you don’t want to go there.

Again you a typical Kobe stan that doesn’t know shyt about defense. Most you Kobe stans look at basketball from a one-on-one lens.

What 4’s was Kobe guarding ya nikkas be saying anything. LeBron was really the one banging with 4’s. He played god damn small ball 4 and was matched up with the likes of David West and KG for stretches

Controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly
Just because LeBron didn’t make an All-Defensive Team his first 5 years doesn’t mean he wasn’t a good defender. He got better year after year. There was actually competition for All-Defensive Teams at the forward spots throughout his career unlike at the guards. That’s why nikkas like Shawn Marion never made a team. It was actual competition, ATG defenders there, you wasn’t competing with mfs like Raja Bell. Even in 2021, LeBron had a very good defensive season but he’s up against Jimmy, Draymond, PG, Kawhi to get on the team.

LeBron’s worse defense was the second stint in Cleveland. 2017, 2018. Those was horrible defensive teams and LeBron effort was at its worse points they just looked to outscore you. 2016 Finals was some of the best defense LeBron ever played, Kobe could never play defense like that in his life.

Paul Pierce shot under 40% for his career against LeBron in the playoffs dude. If it’s about one game it’s plenty of games Kobe got major buckets put on his head many times you don’t want to go there.

Again you a typical Kobe stan that doesn’t know shyt about defense. Most you Kobe stans look at basketball from a one-on-one lens.

What 4’s was Kobe guarding ya nikkas be saying anything. LeBron was really the one banging with 4’s. He played god damn small ball 4 and was matched up with the likes of David West and KG for stretches

i hoop, I still do...defense is all about centering your gravity, staying on your toes, communicating, and knowing when you have help to funnel and don't

Bron's only elite aspects of his game are passing & driving...that's it

He can't hand his hat on defense. If he did KD wouldn't have averaged 35 on incredible efficiency

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
i hoop, I still do...defense is all about centering your gravity, staying on your toes, communicating, and knowing when you have help to funnel and don't

Bron's only elite aspects of his game are passing & driving...that's it

He can't hand his hat on defense. If he did KD wouldn't have averaged 35 on incredible efficiency
Bruh, he already said Bron's defense in 17 and 18 was trash - what are you proving, exactly?

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Giannis has less flaws than KD? :mjlol:

Always a new one on TheColi.
Y’all think KD has no flaws shyt is funny.

I broke it down. Giannis has a major flaw shooting, KD has a bunch of overlooked flaws.

Y’all don’t value things like playmaking, defense, leadership it just boils down to can you hit contested midrange shots.