Which NBA Player Has the fewest flaws in their game?

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Comical how Tim Duncan isn’t listed.

This board regurgitates the same bullshyt from talk radio and ESPN

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
For the record, Lebron is a 37% shooter outside of 5 ft for his career

And that's on top of the below avg FT shooting for a superstar

Bron is 35% from 3pt range for his career. That's great for a forward (better than Kobe's 33%, and you ain't considering that a weakness for him even though he's a shooting guard). And most of his shots outside 5 feet are threes.

In Miami Bron was 49% from 3-10, 44% from 10-16, and 42% from 16-23. All of those numbers are strong for a forward (so long as they aren't taking too many in that longer 16-23 range) and in fact better than Kobe's career #'s of 44%, 43%, and 40%.

Before and after Miami, Bron hovered closer to 37% from midrange, which is average for a forward, but he offset it by limiting the midrange shot in favor of the 3pt which he has continued to hit at a high rate, averaging about 36% over the last five years.

I think it's fair to say that Bron has been an inconsistent outside shooter, but over his career he's a strong 3pt shooter and in his prime was a strong midrange shooter too. The FT criticism is completely accurate though.

Inconsistent effort on defense
That applies to literally every great player in history who has had a heavy load on defense, including MJ, Kobe, and Kawhi. The #'s I posted earlier show that despite Bron sometimes having to save energy on that end of the floor, he's still remained absolutely elite there for many years.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
The fact that you keep saying this while providing zero evidence whatsoever leads me to think that you have no evidence. Weren't you the same guy who was trying to argue that Trae Young ain't a trash defender?

2021: LeBron James continues to make All-Defense case

2020: LeBron James shuts down Jamaal Murray in "winning time"

2020: The way LeBron James plays defense ‘lights a fire’ under the Lakers

2020: LeBron James asked to guard Giannis Antetokounmpo, and delivered

2020: Insane Stat Shows How Badly LeBron James Shut Down Kawhi Leonard and Paul George

Why do you keep ignoring those receipts?

Why do you just keep repeating this while providing zero evidence whatsoever?

LeBron's lockdown: Paul Pierce's career versus James

LeBron James: Forget Offense, He May Be the Best Defensive Stopper in the NBA

LeBron James' Defense On MVP Derrick Rose Amazing In Miami Heat Series Win Over Chicago Bulls

Why LeBron is DPOY

The Turning Points Of LeBron James’ Path To Elite Defense

'Playoff LeBron' is real, and defense is the reason

Insane Stat Shows How Badly LeBron James Shut Down Kawhi Leonard and Paul George

LeBron James asked to guard Giannis Antetokounmpo, and delivered

LeBron James shuts down Jamaal Murray in "winning time"

Those articles show specific examples of Bron locking down Paul Pierce, Derrick Rose, Kawhi Leonard, Paul George, Giannis Antetokounmpo, and Jamaal Murray, and also includes articles from 2011, 2013, 2016, 2018, and 2020 which all show LeBron overall performing at an elite level in man defense.

Are you going to keep ignoring all those links?

The stats show that most years he's been consistently good. Do you have a counter to that evidence?
I’m not clicking on Lakers articles.
Comical how Tim Duncan isn’t listed.

This board regurgitates the same bullshyt from talk radio and ESPN
I definitely listed him earlier.

Osmosis

Superstar
Daps
Chris Paul is barely six feet tall. That’s his flaw. He struggles finishing in the lane in the postseason, and apparently can’t score going left lol.

KD is a respectable playmaker, but it’s not a barrier to his game.

KD is not a limited defender.
KD's limited playmaking is absolutely a barrier to his game.. His significant drop in efficiency and increased turnover economy in the playoffs prior to his GSW days could almost solely be attributed to his limited ability as a passer. Granted, he's never really been tasked with volume playmaking throughout his career because of the talented creators he's played with but I seriously doubt he would have ever been capable of increasing his playmaking load. Even as a Warrior, his playoff numbers when Curry was on the bench were rather pedestrian and this is involving units with Klay and Draymond. In his series against the Bucks, he had 5 assists and 5 turnovers in game 4 when Kyrie went down and 3 assists to 7 turnovers in game 6. Limited sample size but KD's playmaking is what prevents him from being a top 5-10 player of all time.

Breakdown: Durant's turnover issues could doom Thunder vs. Warriors

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
I’m not clicking on Lakers articles.

So what's your excuse for ignoring CBS Sports, ESPN, SBNation, Bleacher Report, and Back Picks? :mjlol:

Source is irrelevant considering the only shyt in the articles is verifiable facts anyway. You can't argue against receipts so you ignore them.

The fact that you same guy who was trying to :cape: for Trae Young's defense and now saying Bron's defense is trash?

:russ::russ::russ:

Jesus Is Lord

Give Thanks, Repent, and Forgive
Daps
Reppin
Christ
Kobe fewest flaws yet most missed shots in NBA history.

Kobe played 20 years.

Guess who’s about to be in the top 5 in misses next season?

Guess who has the most missed shots in PLAYOFF history. More than Kobe.

:sadbron:

Last edited:

Osmosis

Superstar
Daps
no he's not...he can be a good defender when focused, but he's not consistently good

and to suggest he's one of the best of all time, take off the STAN goggles

:mjlol:
It's bizzaro world on here, now Lebron isn't one of the best wing defenders ever :russ:

So Lebron wasn't a DPOY candidate in his prime? Lebron didn't dominate defensively against the Warriors in 2016-- holding the best offense in the league to a 96.2 ORTG with sieves like Love and Kyrie playing significant minutes? Lebron didn't quarterback/anchor one of the most stifling defenses of all-time in 2013? Lebron from 2010-2013 is one of the most versatile defenders of all-time, one of the only players that can protect the rim and switch on to perimeter players.

Watch these vids to see the impact Lebron has on defense when engaged

HabitualChiller

Enjoying a Long Night of Solace✌
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere on an Xbox
nikkas need to stop calling KD an elite defender. Where was that elite defense when Giannis was averaging 30+ on great efficiency? Your "elite defender" just gonna let past-his-prime Blake Griffin get flame broiled all night, every night:pachaha:?

Controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly
It's bizzaro world on here, now Lebron isn't one of the best wing defenders ever :russ:

So Lebron wasn't a DPOY candidate in his prime? Lebron didn't dominate defensively against the Warriors in 2016-- holding the best offense in the league to a 96.2 ORTG with sieves like Love and Kyrie playing significant minutes? Lebron didn't quarterback/anchor one of the most stifling defenses of all-time in 2013? Lebron from 2010-2013 is one of the most versatile defenders of all-time, one of the only players that can protect the rim and switch on to perimeter players.

Watch these vids to see the impact Lebron has on defense when engaged

In a 17 yr career, he was committed to def for 5 seasons

The underrated thing about Kyrie in the 2016 finals was the job he did on the defensive end

the 2016 Cavs were actually a really good def team in general...JR, Kyrie, Shump all stepped it up in the finals

I've seen Bron get cooked too many times to be one of the best wing defenders of all time

:mjlol:

Bron will only defend stars and superstars in short spurts

Off the top of my head, wing defenders I'll take over Bron:

Pippen
Michael Cooper
Bobby Jones
Kobe
MJ
Bruce Bowen
Tony Allen
Kawhi
Iggy
Artest
Dumars
Glove
Draymond

there are others too, but you gotta take off the stan goggles...guys played def their whole careers...not just a 5 yr stretch

like I said, great player, not consistently committed to defense...that's why he got COOKED BAD IN 2017 FINALS

fifth column

Superstar
Daps
nikkas need to stop calling KD an elite defender. Where was that elite defense when Giannis was averaging 30+ on great efficiency? Your "elite defender" just gonna let past-his-prime Blake Griffin get flame broiled all night, every night:pachaha:?
I don’t think KD is an elite defender but you expected him to guard Giannis and score all of the points on offense for Brooklyn. Bad example

fifth column

Superstar
Daps
It’s actually MJ but this answer too boring since he’s the goat. KD too many turnovers when asked to be a playmaker. Kobe too many unnecessary hero ball shots at times. Bron inconsistent free throw shooting, weak midrange and too ball dominant. Steph too small

KidJSoul

Veteran
Daps
This is a great thread, because it shows why "most skilled player" is an interesting yet flawed way to judge a player.

Kobe and KD have the least flaws, but we still would rank LeBron and Jordan above them.

Kawhi has little flaws skill wise, but I would never build a team around him. Aside from his injuries, the dude has a low motor and has too many games were you don't feel his presence. He's also not a great facilitator. Y

Controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly
It’s actually MJ but this answer too boring since he’s the goat. KD too many turnovers when asked to be a playmaker. Kobe too many unnecessary hero ball shots at times. Bron inconsistent free throw shooting, weak midrange and too ball dominant. Steph too small

I swear it seems like ppl don't know hoops

Kobe played in the era of iso ball...look at his contemporaries, AI, Mac, Hibachi, etc...

If we're talking about pure skill, Kobe has the fewest flaws bc he was the most skilled player in NBA history

Even though he took contested shots, still one of the greatest scorers the game has ever seen, which was a testament to his greatness

When you add in clutchness, mid-range assassin, post up game, handle, defense, IQ, etc....he's clearly near the top of the list, if not at the very top

The list is him & MJ