Which NBA Player Has the fewest flaws in their game?

Daps
Honestly, with the way the game has evolved, I'd have to say that Bron is probably the player with the fewest flaws.

Daps
It was a debate I was having amongst some co-workers. Many said Jordan, I went with Kobe but after thinking about it...the answer might be KD. He's one of the few players that can Impose his will in any situation, and his height plays a huge role in that too. But seriously what can you tell KD to work on in the offseason?
:unimpressed:

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
KD has weaknesses people just disregard them because he’s a “hooper” and is an aesthetic scorer.

High dribble, loose handle, slender frame, mediocre passer not bad out doubles and reactive situations but not instinctual too many blind spots and weak limp-wrist passes and overambitious fast balls that lead to TO’s as well as late reads, not a great game manager or on-floor leader, gets jump shot happy at times instead of applying slashing rim pressure with his length. All these things are reasons why in the past he’s struggled against traps and double teams in the playoffs. He has a 4:3 career assists to turnover ratio which is mediocre for a high usage wing player. TO’s was an issue for him this season was averaging over 4 per 36 minutes for a good chunk of the season. Nets adding Harden put KD off-ball more and limited his TO’s a bit.

For many years in his career he was also a mediocre defender he has transformed himself into a very good individual perimeter defender and a solid shot blocker still has tendencies to get screened or backdoored ball watching not a strong team defender and that limits his defensive impact.

KD has weaknesses yeah he’s a beast and a lab creation but yes dude has flaws.

For least weaknesses you have to go with MJ that’s why he’s the G.O.A.T., his only weaknesses are three point shooting (elite jump shooter otherwise), not trusting teammates (good playmaker despite it, drew too much attention to not open things up), and on defense he struggled in the post and reached in a lot and then later on quick guards could get the best of him but dude was a defensive playmaker his gambles often paid off.
Bumping this post all these weaknesses are being exposed now by Boston.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
It’s sad shyt like this gets daps blatant revisions of history

It’s always the Kobe stans that try to downplay LeBron’s defense one of their main calling points
Lebron has never been a lockdown defender. Nowhere did I call him a trash defender, but he wasn't a lockdown defender. He was a great defender though, but I don't think there have been that many lockdown defenders. And since he left Miami, he has been trash on defense because the motor is gone.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Lebron has never been a lockdown defender. Nowhere did I call him a trash defender, but he wasn't a lockdown defender. He was a great defender though, but I don't think there have been that many lockdown defenders. And since he left Miami, he has been trash on defense because the motor is gone.
What exactly makes let’s say Scottie Pippen a lockdown defender but not LeBron?

LeBron in his prime was a lockdown defender capable of clamping multiple positions. That man was hard to score on period.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps

LeBron in his prime was a lockdown defender capable of clamping multiple positions. That man was hard to score on period.
Bron had problems with smaller guards, like most big guys would be. Thats not a diss.

Pippen had better lateral quickness than LeBron. Also, LeBron had more of an offensive load than Pippen did.

Jplaya2023

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

well let's see scottie had a higher defensive motor, longer arms, better at playing the passing lane, better at moving his feet (quicker feet) to cut off your angles higher defensive IQ. Lebron has better offensive athleticism but pippen's defensive athleticism is arguably the best ever with dream.

look at what scottie did to mark jackson in the 98 ECF as a 32 year old with a degenerative back.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Bron had problems with smaller guards, like most big guys would be. Thats not a diss.

Pippen had better lateral quickness than LeBron. Also, LeBron had more of an offensive load than Pippen did.
This is nonsense LeBron in his defensive prime excelled at smothering smaller guards. Two of LeBron’s more regarded defensive performances were his defense on D-Rose in the 2011 ECF and Tony Parker in the 2013 Finals.

This is from Jason Terry in 2011…
Sun Sentinel - We are currently unavailable in your region

LeBron is a big guy so he could be vulnerable to a blow by in space but overall he always did a great job of leveraging his strength and had enough lateral quickness to move his feet and his recovery for blocks often negated the offensive players step.

In Pippen’s era that man wasn’t even facing offensive threats like that—there weren’t many high volume wing players outside of Jordan and the game was dominated by bigs.

Last edited:

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
well let's see scottie had a higher defensive motor, longer arms, better at playing the passing lane, better at moving his feet (quicker feet) to cut off your angles higher defensive IQ. Lebron has better offensive athleticism but pippen's defensive athleticism is arguably the best ever with dream.

look at what scottie did to mark jackson in the 98 ECF as a 32 year old with a degenerative back.
This nikka said Mark fukking Jackson who averaged 7 points per game and was also 32 :bryan:

LeBron was out here checking players like Tony Parker, Rajon Rondo, Derrick Rose in the playoffs in their primes my man :comeon:

Pippen didn’t face the same quality of competition as LeBron has in his career as a defensive player that’s just a fact.

By the way LeBron would average more steals had his career played out in the 80’s and 90’s because of the shrunk court and style of play. It’s a reason players averaged more steals then.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
This is nonsense LeBron in his defensive prime excelled at smothering smaller guards. Two of LeBron’s more regarded defensive performances were his defense on D-Rose in the 2011 ECF and Tony Parker in the 2013 Finals.

Sun Sentinel - We are currently unavailable in your region

LeBron is a big guy so he could be vulnerable to a blow by in space but overall he always did a great job of leveraging his strength and had enough lateral quickness to move his feet and his recovery for blocks often negated the offensive players step.

In Pippen’s era that man wasn’t even facing offensive threats like that—there weren’t many high volume wing players outside of Jordan and the game was dominated by bigs.
I don't think LeBron was a bad defender, but unless you have an all-time motor, you can't lock someone down and still put up LeBron numbers. I have to find actual stats from those series, but I remember the Spurs moving Parker off the ball more and LeBron having to chase him more. LeBron did a lot of good defensive work, but I remember Parker going ham when the series went back to San Antonio.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
I don't think LeBron was a bad defender, but unless you have an all-time motor, you can't lock someone down and still put up LeBron numbers. I have to find actual stats from those series, but I remember the Spurs moving Parker off the ball more and LeBron having to chase him more. LeBron did a lot of good defensive work, but I remember Parker going ham when the series went back to San Antonio.
But y’all have no problem calling certain other players with large offensive burdens lockdown defenders.

If the claim is LeBron struggles against smaller guards why was he trusted to defend Tony Parker one of the quickest guards ever and how did he have success against him?
How LeBron James Guarding Tony Parker Stops San Antonio Spurs Offense