Which legendary comedian got to go

ImmaGetJoeClarkArrested

The Goshfather
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Central Los Angeles So Wut U Wanna Do??
thats crazy

I don't know if you're into sports but a good comparison would be some people arguing about who's the best BBall player and somebody saying Michael Jordan was way before my time... he gotta go

Richard Pryor is the Michael Jordan of stand up comedy
Yeah but when you look at mj highlights you can say damn he was good....but when I watch Richard Pryor stand up I never laugh too much...even though his movies are pretty funny :yeshrug:

Blankthawtz

90-9-1 Principle
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Land of fukkery
better question for OP is which one of those legendary comedians spawned this gif?....

YHjfwGt.gif

:jbhmm:

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
If we talking stand up, then definitely tucker gotta go. But if we talking about body of work, tucker belongs on that list because of classics like friday, money talks, and rush hour 1 and 2, plus bunch of small classic cameos.

With that being said, I’m sorry coli and I’m sorry Mac, you gotta go. I love you, but you got nothing that compares to friday.

Why couldn’t ya have put someone like steve Harvey or dl hughley to make this shyt easier.

Eddie->Pryor->Dave->Martin->tucker->Mac
:hhh:

Bernie Mac stand up GUARANTEES him > Chris Tucker and Martin IMO.

Bugsmoran

Double HipHop O.G.
Daps
Yeah but when you look at mj highlights you can say damn he was good....but when I watch Richard Pryor stand up I never laugh too much...even though his movies are pretty funny :yeshrug:
It's an age thing :manny:

Some younger people check out old Rakim songs and don't know why many consider him the greatest Mc of all time. It's hard to see how he changed the rap game if you don't know how the rap game was prior to Rakim

Same thing with Richard Pryor. He changed stand up comedy

Last edited:

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Replace chris tucker with chris rock
Now you have a challenge to pick from. Whoever made it shouldn’t have bothered adding Eddie Murphy and Richard Pryor at all though. No justification for picking either of them if the rule is all heir comedic work has to go. Pryor is at worst top 3 most influential stand up comedian in the last 50 years (I forget which magazine did it this year, but they had him listed as their best standup comic ever), and find me any comic who had a decade like Eddie had for the 80’s and well into the 90’s too. The list of modern comedians who wouldn’t exist without first seeing their work is far too long.

Last edited:

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
I thought about what work each one did that I couldn’t live without

Chris tucker: Friday
Chapelle: Chapelle show/stand up
Bernie Mac: Bernie Mac Show/stand up
Martin: Martin/movies
Eddie Murphy: SNL/standup/movies

Richard Pryor was way before my time when I look back not as funny as the other dudes:yeshrug:

So it may be blasphemous but

Richard Pryor:camby:

Exactly right Breh.

The thing you have to realize is that all these dudes are doing Rich's whole act.

But they've had a lifetime to perfect it so that's why they seem funnier.

But I will agree that I have had more fun with all the others than I have had with Rich

call_me_step_daddy

Real nikkaz,beat bytches
Daps
Reppin
in ya mama bed
its david chappelle easily

the funniest shyt on his show was the stories told by charlie murphy..facts

AND,

none of his stand up gave me that "dying on the floor" type of laughter that i got out of the others besides Pryor, but he's the rakim of comedy so he not goin nowhere regardless.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
I'm not even a big Martin fan, but this is insulting to have Chris Tucker on this list.

All of those guys have classic comedy specials and or shows. Chris Tucker is best known for being a pothead or doing a good job in a buddy cop series with Jackie Chan.

No hate to Tucker, but he is really not in the league with those 5.