Which legendary comedian got to go

Bugsmoran

Double HipHop O.G.
Daps
The thing you have to realize is that all these dudes are doing Rich's whole act.

But they've had a lifetime to perfect it so that's why they seem funnier.
yeah atleast you understand that

A lot of people don't realize their favorite comics are doing Pryor's act from 35 years ago. That's how ahead of his time Pryor was

A good comparison to this is back when LiL Wayne was still hot him and Lloyd did a remake to Rakim's joint Paid in Full and everybody on the Internet was like this joint is hot. Wayne killed it
:gladbron:

I was like do y'all realize Wayne is spitting lyrics Rakim spit 20 years ago?
:beli:

They had no idea

Listen to Wayne's verse at the 2:20 mark. He's spitting Rakim's rhymes. He changed a few things around but most of it is from Paid in full

Rakim's verse from 1987 at the 1:07 mark

If u listen to every thing they're saying it's basically the same verse but you might like LiL Wayne's voice and delivery a little better plus Wayne added a few things in it to update it

Same thing with Richard Pryor. You might think Eddie Murphy, Chris Rock, or Dave Chappelle got funnier voices than Pryor or make funnier facial expressions, have a funny delivery or whatever but they are doing their remix of Richard Pryor's act

@ImmaGetJoeClarkArrested

Last edited:

razassin

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
29628.jpg
Chapelle and Bernie untouchable to me

I grew up watchin Martin n Eddies movies, so even if I dont find them as funny the nostalgia factor is strong

This leaves me two choices, tucker or pryor

Im 29, so I can say Pryor was before my time, truthfully I havent watched his stand ups and his movies with maybe one or two exceptions...

Tucker has classic movies to me even if he dissappeared after

Not to disrespect Pryor cuz his influence in comedy is obvious, but I gotta go with him

keond

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATLANTA
Most of these comedians wouldn't exist without the direct influence of Pryor. I didnt grow up on him but i know he was a legend. Chris Tucker would be the one to go.

Pete Wrigley

Twerk, Petunia, Twerk!
Supporter
Daps
Chris Tucker is the answer here.

As an art and body of work, Chris can't compare to the others.

Matter of fact, Replace Chris Tucker with Chris Rock and you'd have a real debate.

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
Richard Pryor.

No offense, but I didn't grow up on him. His stand up comedy doesn't translate well to me.:yeshrug:

Chris gave me Friday, rush hour 1 & 2

Martin gave me the Martin show & bad boys.

Bernie Mac been in all the hood joints.

Eddie Murphy is Eddie Murphy.

And I'm an old head. But THIS.

I remember tryna digest Kurtis Blow. I stared listening after he was big (UTFO Run DMC Fat Boys LL) and I could never get into it.

Basically you like the shyt you grew up on. The prior shyt is always kinda dull. I study the old shyt as a historian but I love Martin series better than Rich's whole catalog. Cause I grew up on it.

Respect Rich tha Gawd tho. He started this gangsta comedy shyt.

KingsOfKings

π•„π•’π••π•π•šπ•“ π•šπ•€ π•₯𝕙𝕖 𝔾𝕠𝕒π•₯
Daps