Which is harder, hitting an 100mph baseball pitch or returning an 100mph tennis serve?

Which one is harder to hit?

• 100mph Tennis Serve

Votes: 12 21.1%
  • 100mph Baseball Pitch

Votes: 45 78.9%

• Total voters

MegaTronBomb!

Power is in my hair nikka
Daps
Reppin
From The Westside With Love
It's not that simple.

It requires completely different mechanics to hit a baseball (along with a bat and raquet being different instruments). The hand-eye coordination and footwork is transferable, but not much else. Besides breaking into the MLB when you have no background is not easy (less likely than all the other four major leagues).

Tennis players don't typically have the build either to make up for a lack of experience.

Conversely, let me throw that statement back at you -

If hitting a baseball was so much more difficult, you'd have seen fringe MLB players opting to become professional tennis players.

My anchoring point is that a fringe MLB player has a far higher salary than a fringe tennis player would hope to make in prize money....so it's only a logical option.

the #949th ranked pro tennis player literally made 100x less in prize money than the MLB minimum this year.

We're also not even accounting for the fact that a 100MPH serve is still 40-60MPH slower than the highest recorded serve speeds.

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
Just as an aside, heard an interesting story from my father-in-law recently.

He used to be an avid tennis player (but non-professional) and happened to meet Boris Becker while in LA. They were at the same hotel and were practicing on separate courts. He ended up goading Becker into a friendly game and was 'keeping up' with him and chiding him at the same time. He then told Boris to play "for real".

Long story short, he said that he was hearing the serves, but not seeing the balls.

Did the game between your Father in law and Boris Becker go like this?

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO

TENNIS SERVE EASILY....

YOU DONT HAVE TO MOVE
YOUR FEET TO HIT A BASEBALL.

A FAT fukk CAN STAND THERE
AND SWING THE BAT...

GETTING YOUR RACQUET ON
A 100MPH TENNIS SERVE
AND ACTUALLY RETURNING IT
INTO THE FIELD OF PLAY IS DAMN
NEAR IMPOSSIBLE FOR A NON TENNIS PRO.
:devil:
:evil:

Not at all.

I have been paralyzed by numerous serves. Where I was an overly exceptional striker...either forehand or backhand return.
Plus I have the medals.
as rhe fastest or secondest fastest nikka on wheels on the south side frfr.

So moving to a return is no issue.
.even in any exceptional strength I show on the tennis court.

Even natural talent at hitting a ball period. Is thrown completely out the window in baseball throw above easily sixty three mph for me.

Where at sixty three I have no chance.
.at a hundred.
.in baseball you are paralyzed by the speed and from my experience. It is rhe only thing. I know for sure I humanly have no possible way or miracle of ever making a competent swing or making contact with a baseball thrown above 91 plus.

Baseball pitch speed for a rego civie born rego as hell. Has no chance in hell.
even possibly swinging At a pitch at 100 mph. It is paralyzing speed on a level. If you are genetically born with thr talent to do. You have no chance of doing. There is no chance of possibility of ramping to be able to it either.

If someone picks up hitting a 100 mph pitch in baseball at any time in their life. That is a genetically rare gift.

You are born to be a baseball player.

It is the only sport like that frfr.

Plus why america post crqck epidemic. Will nev3r indulge in as America's leading past time. As genrtically the pool that could have cultivsted that abulity are no longer abundant in america genetics. Like it once previously was.

Art Barr

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Did the game between your Father in law and Boris Becker go like this?

Even if Goran was blasting these beams of light at you. You would never feel completely helpless on a tennis court. As opposed to standing on a mound. In a batter box. Where you are facing.
blinding paralyzing 100 plus mph speed from rob dibble. On a pitcher mound blaze'n 100 plus beams of actual light speed at you. That never hits the ground and is way harder a hazard to get hit by.

Or have to move out the way of.

The mass of a baseball. Makes it also hard as fukk. Plus heavier in mass.
being hurled at mount Olympus speeds at you.
at 100 plus mph frim the mound.
Plus a much smaller strike zone based on your height and size too.

Art Barr