Which is harder, hitting an 100mph baseball pitch or returning an 100mph tennis serve?

Which one is harder to hit?

• 100mph Tennis Serve

Votes: 12 21.1%
  • 100mph Baseball Pitch

Votes: 45 78.9%

• Total voters

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
That tennis serve from a djokovic or nadal would be borderline impossible for the average person to return. Tennis is a very difficult sport. The average person on the street could play djokovic 100 times and not be able to return a single serve

Djokovic or Nadal you could bang on'eem.
They not Goran or some serve onky euro with lanky arms.

Even then you have a better chance returning a serve at high speeds.

than ever...and i mean ever even anything but marveling at the unhittable in baseball.

i have been to numerous batting cages and never made contact with any pitch over seventy miles an hour. shyt fifty mph on medium. I would be lucky to make contact

returning a tennis ball at max speed is child's play compared to hitting a baseball at competitive speed.

Baseball is a god given talent at elite levels.

you are born to throw 90 mph.
or hit a fastball.

you are not going to ramp in baseball. Like you could ramp in any other sport.

You could go out there everyday and take 100mph and never once even comprehend the speed

A tennis ball at 140 is a big neon sign I would bash any point.

Anyone telling you different. I regards to hitting a baseball is a stone cold cap ass liar.

Art Barr

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Oh and amy tennis player can tell you by simple example

Jim courier = one of the best all time strikers of the ball.
In the history of men's tennis.
To the point his mechanics hitting either side were amalgamated, advanced and custom. Just to accommodate a change to tennis from baseball.
Courier was a hof tennis professional.

In regards to baseball.
Courier was just a rabid baseball fan at best. Considering rhe era.
As well as if i remember right.

courier was a reds fan. When the reds were winning pendants and series titles. Plus featured a bullpen. That featured Rob dibble. Who was one of the very few. In the majors in any era who throw gas at 100 plus mph as a reliever.

so courier knew amd was aware of dibble for sure. Yet courier was at best a little league level player.
To general common fan for the era.. when baseball was surely clear above everything else.
In a past forgotten post apocalyptic crack era and time as America's game.

Example : agassi v Courier
1990 us open
Night match

Most powerful rallies that ever aired on television.

Yet neither are hitting a 100 baseball.

Art Barr

*gawd I hated courier.

This match tho.

Courier and Dre was on some titan shyt.

Courier smashed Dre tho.

I was pissed

Last edited:

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO

while it says 120MPH, many in the comments think it was more like 100MPH

FIRST OF ALL THERE
WOULD BE ZERO COACHING
IN THIS SCENARIO....
THE OLD MAN HELD HIS HAND
THROUGHOUT THE WHOLE DAY.

SECONDLY
ALL OF THE TENNIS BALLS
WERE PURPOSELY PLACED TO
TO HIS FOREHAND SIDE WHICH MAKES
THIS AN ABSOLUTE WASTE OF TIME.

THE POINT OF THE SERVE
IS COVERING GROUND
AND NOT KNOWING
WHICH DIRECTION THE BALL
IS GOING TO BE PLACED.

IN HIS SCENARIO
THE SERVE IS MUCH EASIER
THAN THE BASEBALL.

:devil:
:evil:

• Dap
Reactions: NZA

dontreadthis

philly.
Daps
You can get a racket on a serve at a very high percentage effective or ineffective..........even the very best hitters only make contact at most 30 to 40 percent of the time......

What is the average contact rate between a batter and a pitched ball in Major League Baseball (MLB)?
Now, when it comes to contact rate in MLB, it's important to note that it varies depending on the individual player's ability and skill level. However, in general, the average contact rate hovers around 75% to 80%.

Richard Glidewell

Superstar
Daps
So an aggregate stat non sense stat doesn't actually describe the difficulty and makes it seem like it's a trivial feat.....there's all kinds of stats to prove confirmation bias.......here's one that speaks more directly to the game..........straight from a reliable source.......the well itself......and not a site full of people's opinions

Batting Average on Balls in Play (BABIP) | Glossary | MLB.com.

BucciMane

Kristina Schulman Bro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Real Titletown
You can get a racket on a serve at a very high percentage effective or ineffective..........even the very best hitters only make contact at most 30 to 40 percent of the time......

No the hell you can't. :russ: .

Hitting a 100mph baseball is extremely tough, but hitting a 100mph+ serve is extremely tough as well. Yes, you have larger piece of equipment to make contact with the ball, but you also have LOT more room to cover.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
If returning a tennis serve was so much more difficult, you'd have seen the fringe pro tennis players opt for playing in the MLB.

This.

I already posted jim courier too tho...when courier never had a chance as a pro baseball player.

While thoroughly covered in indepth pr .
of courier enjoying baseball as a junior.

Art Barr

Daps
If returning a tennis serve was so much more difficult, you'd have seen the fringe pro tennis players opt for playing in the MLB.
It's not that simple.

It requires completely different mechanics to hit a baseball (along with a bat and raquet being different instruments). The hand-eye coordination and footwork is transferable, but not much else. Besides breaking into the MLB when you have no background is not easy (less likely than all the other four major leagues).

Tennis players don't typically have the build either to make up for a lack of experience.

Conversely, let me throw that statement back at you -

If hitting a baseball was so much more difficult, you'd have seen fringe MLB players opting to become professional tennis players.

Daps
Exactly.

Hitting a 100mph serve accurately, in play, and in a good spot is harder

But just hitting the tennis ball is probably easier
Nah, you all do realize not all fastballs have to be straight down the middle and could have some movement? :mjlol: . Even if it doesn't I still say nah.
Except you actually have to move a greater distance to return a serve. You have to move your body more and you have to account for the same variable of movement of the ball when it bounces.

Besides, you're swinging the bat the same way everytime on a fastball. When you're returning a tennis serve it can change between needing to use a forehand or backhand, depending on where the ball is dropped in the service box. The average person can swing a raquet or a bat leading with their front hip without much issue, but get them to swing a raquet across their body and they're not going to have the same level of coordination.

It'd be like trying to hit a baseball with a back swing. Do you know how much harder that would be?

The only chance the average person would have any luck at hitting a tennis serve (let alone returning it) is if it's placed to hit with their forehand. If they have to hit with their backhand, it'd basically be damn near impossible.