• Both Equal

Votes: 2 3.0%

• Total voters

Ed MOTHEREFFING G

Chances make champions
Daps
Reppin
206 x 734
:stopitslime:nikkaz hating on SMB 2 just to hate. :yeshrug:It was still a great game imo.

Smb2_comparison.png

even if it was almost impossible to beat. :mindblown:
Mario 2 was fun as hell, it was really unique and the 4 charactor aspect was only reused again now on SMB3DW which is maybe the best mario ever. Its a REALLY fun game and people hate just because its different.

I dont care if it was doki doki panic; Mario USA / Mario 2 >>>>>>>>>>>>> Lost levels / Mario 2.

Last edited:

Uncle_Ruckus

We The North
Daps
Reppin
T Dot
Mario 2 was fun as hell, it was really unique and the 4 charactor aspect was only reused again now on SMB3DW which is maybe the best mario ever. Its a REALLY fun game and people hate just because its different.

IDK if it was doki doki panic; Mario USA / Mario 2 >>>>>>>>>>>>> Lost levels / Mario 2.

Yea I liked that they gave you the option to be toad or princess in this one.

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
Mario 1,2,and 3 are perhaps gaming in literally in its purist form, especially Mario 3.

Sonic 1,2, and 3 are throw away titles at best.

TS is obviously a Sega stan to even seriously pose this garbage as a serious question.

Sega stans need to know their place, which will always be BEHIND Nintendo.

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
from best to worse of those 3 games

Sonic 2 > (barely) SMB 3
Sonic 1 = SMB 1
Sonic 3 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> the fake azz SMB 2 game :camby:

You have a terrible opinion on games. Literally everything you typed is bullshyt. :laff:

BlackMajik

Behind Enemy Lines
Daps
Reppin
DSGB(Down South Georgia Boy)
Mario 1,2,and 3 are perhaps gaming in literally in its purist form, especially Mario 3.

Sonic 1,2, and 3 are throw away titles at best.

TS is obviously a Sega stan to even seriously pose this garbage as a serious question.

Sega stans need to know their place, which will always be BEHIND Nintendo.
Ur outta ur fukking mind saying this

The release of Sonic 2 was one of the main reasons that Sega caught up to Nintendo in the "console wars". It brought their market share up to 50% within six months of its release

Sonic the Hedgehog greatly increased the popularity of the Sega Genesis in North America. It eventually replaced Altered Beast as the game bundled with the console.[49] Bundling Sonic the Hedgehog with the Sega Genesis is credited with helping Sega gain 65% of the market share against Nintendo.[50] In large part due to the popularity of this game, the Sega Genesis outsold the Super Nintendo in the United States nearly two to one during the 1991 holiday season. This success led to Sega overtaking Nintendo in January 1992 with control of 65% of the 16-bitconsole market, making it the first time Nintendo was not the console leader since December 1985.[51]

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Ur outta ur fukking mind saying this
find a link of one person's opinion and claim its a fact brehz :shaq:

I was alive and lived thru that era. What you quoted only showcases the popularity of sonic 2 when it dropped
Nobody is denying that sonic for a short period of time was a rival to mario. But you didn't post figures like how many copies of sonic was sold compared to mario. You'd see the error in your ways if you did :ufdup:

Secondly, sega didn't gain market share cuz of Sonic... case closed.
Sega had EA in its pocket as well. All EA games played much better on Genesis
shyt, half of them didn't even come out on SNES.
Sega also had better shumps which was a big deal back in those days
Because of the vastly different titles on both systems, that was the only era where gamers actually NEEDED both consoles if they wanted to eat.

Nowadays, you can count on one hand how many exclusive titles that you MUST PLAY for each system.
I personally feel Xbox has more of those, but its not by a landslide the amount...

• Dap
Reactions: TNC

BlackMajik

Behind Enemy Lines
Daps
Reppin
DSGB(Down South Georgia Boy)
find a link of one person's opinion and claim its a fact brehz :shaq:

I was alive and lived thru that era. What you quoted only showcases the popularity of sonic 2 when it dropped
Nobody is denying that sonic for a short period of time was a rival to mario. But you didn't post figures like how many copies of sonic was sold compared to mario. You'd see the error in your ways if you did :ufdup:

Secondly, sega didn't gain market share cuz of Sonic... case closed.
Sega had EA in its pocket as well. All EA games played much better on Genesis
shyt, half of them didn't even come out on SNES.
Sega also had better shumps which was a big deal back in those days
Because of the vastly different titles on both systems, that was the only era where gamers actually NEEDED both consoles if they wanted to eat.

Nowadays, you can count on one hand how many exclusive titles that you MUST PLAY for each system.
I personally feel Xbox has more of those, but its not by a landslide the amount...
I was referring to him saying the sonic games were throwaway titles, which they weren't

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
I was referring to him saying the sonic games were throwaway titles, which they weren't
I see it like this. Sonic 1 was epic for what it brought to the genre (speed platforming)
Sonic 2 improved on S1 and was another stellar game
Sonic 3 and on.. while still decent games, didn't really raise the bar that much.

Super mario on the other hand kept raising the bar with each new title until Mario Sunshine.
Mario64>>> Mario World >>> Mario 3 >>> Mario 2 >>> Mario 1 and while some will disagree, the majority should agree with that statement. I know that is how the majority felt at the time at least.

Sonic, I seriously lost interest while I was playing Sonic 3. Not in the same league, don't shoot at the same baskets...