Which Fighting Game Franchise Gets More Disrespect In The FGC: Mortal Kombat or Dead or Alive?

which fighting game franchise gets more disrespect in the FGC?

• MK

Votes: 13 31.7%
  • DOA

Votes: 28 68.3%

• Total voters

bogey_j

new love, same neurosis..
Daps
Damn, MK not respected?:ohhh:

I'm not a hardcore gamer but they're one of the OG's and ever since the reboot I've enjoyed MK 9, 10 and 11
street fighter fans have been throwin shade at MK from the jump :mjpls: at least since the SF2 vs MK2 wars of the 90's :russ:

MK was seen as more for casuals while SF was more for the hardcore elite type gamers :mjgrin:

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Damn, MK not respected?:ohhh:

I'm not a hardcore gamer but they're one of the OG's and ever since the reboot I've enjoyed MK 9, 10 and 11
Among fighting game purists, no MK is not respected. But I think nikkas overdo it with the snob shyt. A lot of anti MK snobs can't even articulate why they don't like the game and aren't even that good at the game they play :russ:

MK differs from most other fighting games mechanics wise, so a lot of things in MK frustrate nikkas because it's understandably off putting. It's also traditionally had less layers than more complex fighting games. This has changed in the last few years with the improvement of the skill of the players tho.

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
street fighter fans have been throwin shade at MK from the jump :mjpls: at least since the SF2 vs MK2 wars of the 90's :russ:

MK was seen as more for casuals while SF was more for the hardcore elite type gamers :mjgrin:
Mortal Kombat is a harder game to pick up than street fighter too. Never understood the casual talk.

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps
Mortal Kombat is a harder game to pick up than street fighter too. Never understood the casual talk.
Yeah this isn't true at all.

MK11 is super easy to get into. The only problems some may have are how stiff the game feels, using a button to block and how important frame data and just inputs are.

Frame data is explained, zoning and neutral are explained in the tutorial. Plus the AI on higher difficulties is so good you can build strategies after seeing them.

Street Fighter and Tekken leave you in the dark

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps
That's an unfortunate stigma because DOA is complex as fukk :russ:
I've never felt so defeated until I played DOA 5 against a top player. These were the days when the game was dead and hopped online and found a game. My Kasumi was parried, stunned and perfected every game.

Game is so good but just doesn't have any traction.

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Yeah this isn't true at all.

MK11 is super easy to get into. The only problems some may have are how stiff the game feels, using a button to block and how important frame data and just inputs are.

Frame data is explained, zoning and neutral are explained in the tutorial. Plus the AI on higher difficulties is so good you can build strategies after seeing them.

Street Fighter and Tekken leave you in the dark

The move list for every character is different in MK. You literally have to memorize that. With Street Fighter they are the same according to character type. And Im a casual gamer. Its easier to play street fighter than Mortal kombat

Last edited:

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps
The move list for every character is different in MK. You literally have to memorize that. With Street Fighter they are the same according to character type. And Im a casual gamer. Its easier to play street fighter than Mortal kombat
Just like any fighting game you don't need to know the whole move list. Down jab, low frame down move, strings that are safe and strings that cancel into moves or setups.

That is all you need to know to get by. I literally started playing MK11 last month and was beating on dudes with thousands of hours and crazy ranks my 3rd day in.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
elitists reallllly don't hate on DoA like that

it doesn't sell like that in the west but w/e. MK gets zero play internationally because its straight up not sold - and its goofy as shyt on top of that

The Guru

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
MK gets shytted on by the FGC historically. Was seen as a casual game carried by the production and shock value.