Which Fighting Game Franchise Gets More Disrespect In The FGC: Mortal Kombat or Dead or Alive?

which fighting game franchise gets more disrespect in the FGC?

• MK

Votes: 13 31.7%
  • DOA

Votes: 28 68.3%

• Total voters

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The move list for every character is different in MK. You literally have to memorize that. With Street Fighter they are the same according to character type. And Im a casual gamer. Its easier to play street fighter than Mortal kombat
Not necessarily true. When you break down and compare the amount of competitive moves/strings it's not much different from Street Fighter. Low starter/footsie buttons/combo openers/meaties.

Also MK/NRS has it's character types too. NRS females are largely the same outside of their specials and every NRS grapper is Injustice 1 Bane :russ:

What makes Street Fighter harder than MK is the amount of shyt you have to be aware of and deal with. There are no crossup, left right mixups, instant overheads in Mortal Kombat. That alone lends to more layers of meta in a match. MK also has slower jump ins so the ground block/throw tech/jump in layer of concern is less scary(plus frames from an MK jump in do lead to more suffering tho so it's not necessary bad just different)

MK IS hard in its own specific ways tho. Nikkas that call it casual are nuts. But there IS a reason Sonicfox dominated NRS games for so long.

Daps
Reppin
My Set
Among fighting game purists, no MK is not respected. But I think nikkas overdo it with the snob shyt. A lot of anti MK snobs can't even articulate why they don't like the game and aren't even that good at the game they play :russ:

MK differs from most other fighting games mechanics wise, so a lot of things in MK frustrate nikkas because it's understandably off putting. It's also traditionally had less layers than more complex fighting games. This has changed in the last few years with the improvement of the skill of the players tho.

They also change characters move list and combos every game too. nikkas be spaming the same buttons on SF since 92

parallax

Superstar
Daps
i dont like how mk plays, but thats as far as my disresepect goes. i havent played a doa game since 3, and looking at the games, they look very samey. if its being disrespected, id have to say doa. the launch trailers for the last 2 mk games have received some hype. meanwhile only diehard fans are even aware of when doa games come out

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
That's an unfortunate stigma because DOA is complex as fukk :russ:
Rival Schools and DOA were the fighting games I was best at and consequently enjoyed the most.
I'd say DOA has consistently gotten the most disrespect from the fighting community and seen as a game for casual gamers who aren't good enough for the frame timing of Tekken.

MisterMajesty

All Star
Daps
Reppin
South London
DOA isn't disrespected, its not just mentioned. Shame really, DOA5LR is a classic fighting game, and as good as any other game you can pit it against (3s, A2, ST, DR etc).
MK probably gets shat on more. I personally dislike the design style of NRS games (which is giving archetypes all sorts of weird shyt. Type of game to give a grappler, zoning potential etc)

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
If DOA woulda leaned into its mechanics and gameplay instead of t*ts it coulda probably trumped Guilty Gear in the Xrd years.

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
The move list for every character is different in MK. You literally have to memorize that. With Street Fighter they are the same according to character type. And Im a casual gamer. Its easier to play street fighter than Mortal kombat

That’s one thing you are right about. I can pick up any new street fighter game they put out and without knowing anything about the character there are 4 motions I can try and I will know their specials and their supers for the most part.

In MK that shyt be random as hell.

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I feel bad for DOA because it's not really on the FGC minds, and I don't even think they've played series at EVO in ages. I liked DOA 1-4, but didn't bother with 5 0r 6. On the other hand, I feel there's too much of an elitist attitude towards MK among the FGC.

Reptile

Reptile For Mortal Kombat 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outworld
Yeah this isn't true at all.

MK11 is super easy to get into. The only problems some may have are how stiff the game feels, using a button to block and how important frame data and just inputs are.

Frame data is explained, zoning and neutral are explained in the tutorial. Plus the AI on higher difficulties is so good you can build strategies after seeing them.

Street Fighter and Tekken leave you in the dark
Aint nothing hard about SF or Tekken yall overate the fukk out of those games in terms of "difficulty"