Which DNA test is best for African Americans?

Mike Nasty

Superstar
Daps
I did 23andme. I know my great Grandmother was Cherokee, but it only shows me 0.8% indigenous which doesn't seem right.

I tried to get my brother to do ancestry.com, I might just do it myself.

TheKongoEmpire

A Wilsonian Garveyite
Daps
Reppin
The Original Man and the First Gods
I know my great Grandmother was Cherokee, but it only shows me 0.8% indigenous which doesn't seem right.
Brother, it isn't complicated. Either wasn't Indigenous, had very little or she wasn't your GGmother. There are whites who discovered that Native ancestry that they were told is really Afrikan ancestry after taking the test.

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I did 23andme. I know my great Grandmother was Cherokee, but it only shows me 0.8% indigenous which doesn't seem right.
Then either your grandmother was only partially Cherokee or you didn't inherit a lot of DNA from her.

Another issue that exist is that a lot of Americans are not actually descended from Native people.

Mike Nasty

Superstar
Daps
Brother, it isn't complicated. Either wasn't Indigenous, had very little or she wasn't your GGmother. There are whites who discovered that Native ancestry that they were told is really Afrikan ancestry after taking the test.

Then either your grandmother was only partially Cherokee or you didn't inherit a lot of DNA from her.

Another issue that exist is that a lot of Americans are not actually descended from Native people.
I think it has more to do with ever changing sample size (or lack of Indigenous sample size). The only white person in family tree the was a slave owner, and it shows specific counties in England. It doesn't say European, it says U.K. I should be more Indigenous than white.

It could also mean that Indians and Black were mixing with each other long before the 1800s

TheKongoEmpire

A Wilsonian Garveyite
Daps
Reppin
The Original Man and the First Gods
It could also mean that Indians and Black were mixing with each other long before the 1800s
So was everyone else and their results show up just fine. Hispanics do it all the time and the results show both.

Justin Nitsuj

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Sorry but I will never take these DNA tests because I saw an video about two real sisters doing it and the results came back different for both of them. They even did the test on a horse and it came back with results like it was a fukking human being. shyt is a damn scam to me.

Majestyx

Duck Season
Daps
Reppin
Los Scandalous
If you have ever been to a doctor, a dentist, a clinic or a hospital and they took blood or urine from you then they already have your DNA. That is how Henrietta Lack's DNA got into scientists hands. She went to her doctor and then they put her in the hospital.
:whoa: dont be brining that logic in here sir. these dna tests are nefarious and the only way the government can get your DNA.

K.O.N.Y

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW YORK CITY
Also I got my results as well

It says the sample was taken by populations dating back several centuries ago

The results were-

60% South Carolinian foundational black American
40% North Carolinian foundational black American
100% foundational black american
:blessed:

Lucky I avoided all the goofy shyt to “know where I came from” like a lot of you guys :mjcry: