Where should the next Grand Theft Auto be?

Kairi Irving

Here Comes A New Challenger
Daps
That could definitely work, and like someone said earlier in the thread include Cuba/west Indies

Imo id love to see

2 playable characters, one a cop, one a criminal

Vice City and (Fort Lauderdale clone)

Vice City would be as big as Los Santos in V, Fort lauderdale could be huge, add some prequel missions in either Cuba, Puerto Rico or Hawaii.

Franklin cameo in a mission (maybe Lamar too)

Jimmy De Santa cameo in a mission

Niko Bellic cameo? ( WE NEED THIS)

abandoned, dusty Vercetti Mansion (nice easter egg)

Tommy Vercetti Hawaiian shirt as an unlocked outfit for 100% the game

Lance Vance outfit

Martin Madrazo from GTA V giving a couple missions

Zoe Pound Gang, MS13 Gang, Cartel gangs, Drug Lords, etc

Game needs a modern day feel of Vice City to it

Imagine it as a cat and mouse game as you play as both the cop and criminal, along the way they could end up allying to take out a bigger foe, the ending could have you decide as the cop to let the criminal escape, or turn on him and put him away for life. Or as the criminal murdee the cop and get away....would be cool as hell, of course as a fan id make VI this way.

The Fast and The Furious anyone?

Last edited:

SCJoe

All Star
Daps
I can imagine a bunch of clouds and some snow completely covering everything and the rock star logo comes up. All you hear is the wind whipping and plane sounds. Then after a second or 2, "La La lala wait til I get my money right” boom come put of the clouds Chicago and Lake Michigan with snow everywhere. It would come out of left field.

It could even be set in the 1970s. Pimps, Cabrini Green, government assassinations, all of that.

Last edited:

Jimmy Two-Times™

Coli Mods Catch Me If U Can Forgive Me Imma Ridah™
Daps
Reppin
Peckham™ Come Get Me!
They only do GTA where the English language is prominent as we are the main demographic who buy the games. So, I think London or Miami is next.

I doubt they would do Tokyo as China Town is literally represented in every game especially with the triad segments.

Stylistically Atlanta and all of those other cities are not different other than the monuments which isn't a stark difference than LA to NY.

I think Sydney would be too much of guess because US games tend to not fare so well over there especially violent ones, just look at Mortal Kombat. So, I doubt Australia would be next.

Ontop of that by this time they would have released another GTA game by now but there multiplayer is such a cash cow right now for 2K with the shark cards that I think the next GTA will literally be when the new consoles come out because in the past 10 years they have released 4-5 GTA games as well as Red Dead and LA Noire which used the same engine in addition to Red Dead 2 which is about to come out so I doubt a new GTA will be anytime soon

Redguard

Hoonding
Daps
Reppin
Hammerfell
I found this on gtaforums. Its just a theory but its interesting. I think Brazil should be added as a nod to Max Payne 3.

It is called Project Americas right now so I am thinking Vice City, Gator Keys (fictional Florida keys), Swamps and fictional areas based off of Bolivia, Mexico, Colombia and Cuba. You would need the Communist island and then the place where coke is manifactored. I think it's going to be a Cartel story with influences.

You need the Outsider/Street Wise/World Wise (CJ, Franklin, Tommy)
You need the Insider/Mob/Experienced (Michael, Victor, Toni)
You need the Outcast/Psychotic/Loner (Claude, Trevor)

It's the formula you can see that's been used time and time again. I think the story will play a huge part and possibly be a social commentary on Capital City, DC (GTA HD's Washington DC) with the US Government taking part in the war on drugs, border control and the third world cocaine exportation.

It would be interesting to set up a partnership with two major Cartels which take the story in different directions or possibly align with the IAA (with some corrupt agents there) so three - which lead to three major twists.

Vice City, with minor locations such as the Vice Swamps and the Gator Keys
Central America fictional with minor areas story wise
South America fictional with areas to do business

The whole cocaine business will be a huge part of it. This is a prediction. I think it might be downplayed but it will definately be Cartel based with influences from The Counsellor, Sicario with possible death squad cartel interactions which would be quite scary.

Building up your cocaine business would involve having to go through a middle man or
Cutting out the middle man
Establishing crews around Vice City either backed by one Cartel or the other or backed by the IAA
The IAA will send Merryweather out for you
Having cocaine come from either a fictional version of Cuba (by boat) or plane (Central/South America)
Setting up "factories" by buying real estate
Hiring employees

It will basically replace the Bank system job system with a more in-depth system

One Cartel deals with coke only, the other deals with meth and the IAA has their own new drug (Spank 2.0?)

Would be interesting especially with the three characters and a possible cameo by Michael who goes out to do business with you while holidaying with Amanda and putting his daughter into rehab.

*Possibly have to kill Michael if you are with the IAA for the death of a high profile member of the Elite (Devon West)? Huge shocking twist.
*Partner up with Michael who protects you from an ambush if you are with a Cartel
*Have Michael and Trevor do business with you (Trevor Enterprises) with Meth supply

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I sometimes see people saying they want the next one to be in London again, don’t know why, that would be such a waste.