Where did the Power Rangers go wrong???

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Year ago while flicking channels, I came across Power Rangers Dinosaurs followed by Power Rangers ninjas, shyt straight confused the hell out of me

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
MMPR-PRiS is dope.

Even Turbo. It was a very weak season and almost got the series canceled, but it had some gems in it from time to time. That "Chase into Space" two part season finale is crazy. It's crazy seeing the Rangers fight for their life, still get over powered, and then have the command center get blown to hell. Then we find out that Zordon has been captured. :ohlawd:

I wish they'd release these things faster on DVD. I know that they have that huge box set already out with MMPR-Lost Galaxy, but I'm not paying half a house mortgage for no fukking PR box set.

Renkz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
MMPR-PRiS is dope.

Even Turbo. It was a very weak season and almost got the series canceled, but it had some gems in it from time to time. That "Chase into Space" two part season finale is crazy. It's crazy seeing the Rangers fight for their life, still get over powered, and then have the command center get blown to hell. Then we find out that Zordon has been captured. :ohlawd:

I wish they'd release these things faster on DVD. I know that they have that huge box set already out with MMPR-Lost Galaxy, but I'm not paying half a house mortgage for no fukking PR box set.

They got it all the power ranger seasons on netflix.

J-Fire

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
With a little character development it could have been a PG 13 type of thing especially with the Kim and tommy relationship. I think they should have went PG 13 on the movie. MIB was PG 13 and was a kids movie.

I watched Simpson when I was 5 and still watched it at 25, lol.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
With a little character development it could have been a PG 13 type of thing especially with the Kim and tommy relationship. I think they should have went PG 13 on the movie. MIB was PG 13 and was a kids movie.

I watched Simpson when I was 5 and still watched it at 25, lol.

They probably would have gone that route if not for so much flack the show had gotten at times.

Damn soccer moms were up in arms about their kids fighting on the playground and blaming power ranger. Then they were up in arms about Lord Zedd being too scary (which is why he got progressively goofier after his trill ass debut).

Illuminatos

#OVOXO
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I didn't even know there was a plotline for Power Rangers.

I figured they just got their ass whooped for the first twenty minutes of the show and the last five they form Voltron to beat the bad guy. Repeat for about 20 seasons. :pachaha:

J-Fire

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is pretty much it. We just grew the fukk up

they took a different approach.

I still watch simpson. Fanastic four, iron man, x-men are all fantasy fighting and get a pass from adults. Spiderman movie is softer than power rangers!!!...spiderman on fox kids actually went hard.

Kids tried to grow up too fast....had to secretly watch it in 5th grade...then it got stupid in my own opinion from a story line perspective and felt less real. Teenage/early 20's super heros dealing with life was cool! Then kids try to be badass and thugs in 5th grade and it if ain't gun play blah blah blah!
I liked new York undercover at age 10 just as much as power rangers...

power rangers would have been better off long run if it was PG-13. Simpson was marketed to kids and it had foul language and inappropriate stuff....I had a stuffed bart since I could remember a first thought...like before starting grade school, lol.

saved by the bell was marketed to kids as well, but they went deeper into relationships and drugs. Both TV-Y7!!! hahaha.

J-Fire

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They probably would have gone that route if not for so much flack the show had gotten at times.

Damn soccer moms were up in arms about their kids fighting on the playground and blaming power ranger. Then they were up in arms about Lord Zedd being too scary (which is why he got progressively goofier after his trill ass debut).

Zedd debut on prime time TV was classic! I felt like the 1st half of season two was on point.
Once Zedd got married he was down hill....even though she drughed him and entered into marriage under false pretense to advance herself....which I think was a worse message than a scary zedd!

But who was Jason's love interest?
Zack was crazy about stuck-up angela....tommy had kim....billy had a couple of nerd girls...trini had the boy behind the counter at Ernie's in season two. But I ain't seen Jason with no chicks! :youngsabo:

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
MMPR-PRiS is dope.

Man Turbo was complete ass. :smh:

The finale was decent, I suppose, and TJ was a good Red Ranger, but pretty much everything else about that season sucked.

-The Blue ranger being a little kid :disdain:
-Divatox aka the worst villain ever :disdain:
-The Blue Senturion :trash:
-Never finding out who the Phantom Ranger was :thumbsdown:
-Zordon leaving and getting replaced by some lame chick that talked in questions :childplease:
-Alpha 5 getting replaced by some new Alpha with a really, really, really stupid voice :aicmon:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnviBqlIulc[/ame]

That season was pure ass. :trash:

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
:what: How is Divatox the worst villain ever?

She WON.

She was the worst villain in terms of personality/design/character. As far as personality goes, bytch was just straight up annoying. She didn't come off as even remotely threatening even if she was winning.

Compared to, say, Lord Zedd or Astronema, she sucks.

Bob-omb

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Sacramento, CA
But who was Jason's love interest?
Zack was crazy about stuck-up angela....tommy had kim....billy had a couple of nerd girls...trini had the boy behind the counter at Ernie's in season two. But I ain't seen Jason with no chicks! :youngsabo:

Jason's first love interest was on Zeo, right?

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps
they took a different approach.

I still watch simpson. Fanastic four, iron man, x-men are all fantasy fighting and get a pass from adults. Spiderman movie is softer than power rangers!!!...spiderman on fox kids actually went hard.

Kids tried to grow up too fast....had to secretly watch it in 5th grade...then it got stupid in my own opinion from a story line perspective and felt less real. Teenage/early 20's super heros dealing with life was cool! Then kids try to be badass and thugs in 5th grade and it if ain't gun play blah blah blah!
I liked new York undercover at age 10 just as much as power rangers...

power rangers would have been better off long run if it was PG-13. Simpson was marketed to kids and it had foul language and inappropriate stuff....I had a stuffed bart since I could remember a first thought...like before starting grade school, lol.

saved by the bell was marketed to kids as well, but they went deeper into relationships and drugs. Both TV-Y7!!! hahaha.

The 90s were a different time. Terminator and toxic avenger was marketed towards kids and those movies were not kid friendly at all. Also you can not forget robo cop. They started really cracking down on the kids content in the late 90s when they stopped teens from geting into r rated movies.