When People Say "There's No Black People In LA"...

GrindtooFilthy

World Class SuperVillain
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA, CT, NH
Point out to them that there is a contiguous stretch of Los Angeles from Mid-Wilshire in the north stretching southeast to Long Beach, and going from Long Beach in the east to Culver City in the west;

A contiguous stretch of hundreds of neighborhoods with a total population of around ~2.55 million people, that houses ~538,000 black people...

For the mathematically challenged brothers and sisters here, that shakes out to ~21% of the population being black...

For context, 2.555 million people is larger than every US city besides NY and Chicago...

2.555 million people is larger than every NY borough besides Brooklyn...

21% black is blacker than every NY borough besides Brooklyn and Bronx...

And within this ~262.83mi² radius that houses over 2.5 million Angelenos, there are majority (50%+) black hoods, plurality black hoods, sizable black hoods, and all the black culture you want from arts and entertainment to political representation to celebrations and festivals of black community, everything...

So the next time someone tells you, "there are no black people in Los Angeles", just remember you're talking to someone who has either never been to LA period, or clearly weren't in the areas of LA where black folk live, if they went. nikkas tell on themselves...
Re-orientating the landmass in juxtaposition with the gen pop just to fit a narrative is disingenuous, in LA it's only ~9% black why you putting in long beach in there? Long beach aint LA

YOU ALREADY KNEW
THEY WERE TALKING ABOUT
THE CITY OF LOS ANGELES
NOT LA COUNTY
BEFORE YOU MADE THIS THREAD
BUT WENT ON TO LIST
A BUNCH OF PLACES THAT
ARENT THE CITY OF LA.

:devil:
:evil:
Bingo, wilfully disingenuous post.

Last edited:

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
Notice how the people up in arms in here, are the people who aren't Angelenos 😂 🤣 😆 💀

Not a single Angeleno in here has criticism of the point I'm making because everyone who is actually from Los Angeles understands exactly what I'm saying. News flash, I don't need a lecture on what cities technically are separate jurisdictions from The City 😆

In every city, not just LA, not just Atlanta, the locals delineate who lives in "the city" and who lives outside "the city" or the suburbs. It's city pride shyt, that isn't specific to any one city---->I've seen cats in much smaller cities like Albany NY and Fayetteville NC have these same reactions because while not "major" cities, they are "the city" in their local region to the smaller cities and towns around them...

Everybody everywhere understands the "you ain't from the city, you from ____" shyt 🤣. It's local pride shyt...

But at the root we are all Angelenos and all the outta town nikkas bytching in here are yet again proving they don't understand what "contiguous" means 🤣...

@Vice Queen @Ol’Otis @ImmaGetJoeClarkArrested @MegaTronBomb! @getmoney310cpt @parallax @Rakim Allah duh, we all know Long Beach is "Long Beach". And Compton is "Compton". And Inglewood is "Inglewood". And so on and so forth...

It be noggas who ain't spent no real time in Los Angeles and have no roots in The City trying to explain the culture and vibe of The Ciry and don't be knowing what the fukk they talking about, which just affirms the premise of my thread in general. There's a long LA-envy here in general and nikkas be wanting to sound smart and be WRONG as fukk when they stereotyping and talking about LA 🤣 🤣...

The point remains, there's a Brooklyn/Chicago/Queens sized region of LA that is blacker than most of NY's boroughs and is larger than all but one of NY's boroughs...

Smart dumb nikkas on here don't know what the word contiguous means...

ImmaGetJoeClarkArrested

The Goshfather
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Central Los Angeles So Wut U Wanna Do??
Notice how the people up in arms in here, are the people who aren't Angelenos 😂 🤣 😆 💀

Not a single Angeleno in here has criticism of the point I'm making because everyone who is actually from Los Angeles understands exactly what I'm saying. News flash, I don't need a lecture on what cities technically are separate jurisdictions from The City 😆

In every city, not just LA, not just Atlanta, the locals delineate who lives in "the city" and who lives outside "the city" or the suburbs. It's city pride shyt, that isn't specific to any one city---->I've seen cats in much smaller cities like Albany NY and Fayetteville NC have these same reactions because while not "major" cities, they are "the city" in their local region to the smaller cities and towns around them...

Everybody everywhere understands the "you ain't from the city, you from ____" shyt 🤣. It's local pride shyt...

But at the root we are all Angelenos and all the outta town nikkas bytching in here are yet again proving they don't understand what "contiguous" means 🤣...

@Vice Queen @Ol’Otis @ImmaGetJoeClarkArrested @MegaTronBomb! @getmoney310cpt @parallax @Rakim Allah duh, we all know Long Beach is "Long Beach". And Compton is "Compton". And Inglewood is "Inglewood". And so on and so forth...

It be noggas who ain't spent no real time in Los Angeles and have no roots in The City trying to explain the culture and vibe of The Ciry and don't be knowing what the fukk they talking about, which just affirms the premise of my thread in general. There's a long LA-envy here in general and nikkas be wanting to sound smart and be WRONG as fukk when they stereotyping and talking about LA 🤣 🤣...

The point remains, there's a Brooklyn/Chicago/Queens sized region of LA that is blacker than most of NY's boroughs and is larger than all but one of NY's boroughs...

Smart dumb nikkas on here don't know what the word contiguous means...
It’s a simple concept…it’s nikkas everywhere out here if u really out here…I’ve lived all over LA…from the valley to Long Beach and it’s nikkas everywhere lol…let’s not even talk about the IE :heh:

Marc Spector

the 4'11 Cuban
Daps
Reppin
The Milky Way
all I’m a say is context matters my guy.

yes by sheer numbers Los Angeles has a lot of Black people but it is not a haven for Black people. It is not somewhere for Black people to move to. It is not somewhere for Black people to go and thrive. In my opinion Black folks are in a last stand situation in Los Angeles, and honestly the West Coast as a whole.

ImmaGetJoeClarkArrested

The Goshfather
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Central Los Angeles So Wut U Wanna Do??
all I’m a say is context matters my guy.

yes by sheer numbers Los Angeles has a lot of Black people but it is not a haven for Black people. It is not somewhere for Black people to move to. It is not somewhere for Black people to go and thrive. In my opinion Black folks are in a last stand situation in Los Angeles, and honestly the West Coast as a whole.
Do u live here??

Dipsey Doo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I'll always be proud of being from Los Angeles, but just so many opportunities outside of the West Coast for 30 something black folk like me.

I've been in Atlanta for 7 years and just closed on my first home and my career prospects have just accelerated out here, compared to where I was when I left my one bedroom Inglewood apartment working for $22 hourly with a wife.

Outside of entertainment and tech, not a lot of mobility or prospects in California for younger people.

So many people my age have left where I grew up, it's so crazy. My sister routinely complains about the lack of young people around Ladera/Baldwin Hills/Windsor Hills/Leimert Park/North Inglewood. I went back earlier this year, and it's crazy how many older black homeowners are just hanging on. Their children and grandchildren probably waiting to inherit the windfall and get out of dodge to Georgia, Texas and Vegas.

When my mother passes our childhood house to my sister and I, it's going to be tough not to cash out.

Last edited:

parallax

Superstar
Daps
I'll always be proud of being from Los Angeles, but just so many opportunities outside of the West Coast for 30 something black folk like me.

I've been in Atlanta for 7 years and just closed on my first home and my career prospects have just accelerated out here, compared to where I was when I left my one bedroom Inglewood apartment working for $22 hourly with a wife.

Outside of entertainment and tech, not a lot of mobility or prospects in California for younger people.

So many people my age have left where I grew up, it's so crazy. My sister routinely complains about the lack of young people around Ladera/Baldwin Hills/Windsor Hills/Leimert Park/North Inglewood. I went back earlier this year, and it's crazy how many older black homeowners are just hanging on. Their children and grandchildren probably waiting to inherit the windfall and get out of dodge to Georgia, Texas and Vegas.

When my mother passes our childhood house to my sister and I, it's going to be tough not to cash out.

Baldwin hills/plaza was my place when I was younger. My grandma used to take me to the plaza all the time and we would just spend time in bookstar and Barnes and noble. The magic Johnson theater bought a lot of people into the area, especially since it was the closest theater not in the valley or the Southbay. But sadly, the dynamics of the theater changed the mall and I haven't been back there in more than 20 years

Dipsey Doo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Baldwin hills/plaza was my place when I was younger. My grandma used to take me to the plaza all the time and we would just spend time in bookstar and Barnes and noble. The magic Johnson theater bought a lot of people into the area, especially since it was the closest theater not in the valley or the Southbay. But sadly, the dynamics of the theater changed the mall and I haven't been back there in more than 20 years

I remember what a big deal it was when Magic Johnson theatre opened. Saw so may movies at that place. My grandmother was living in the Village Green at the time, so Magic theatre's was our summer babysitter for my cousin, sister and I on the regular. Used to see Magic and EJ (when he was 4-5 year old, so before his :dame: ) all the time, just hanging out catching a movie with us regular people. I always appreciated Magic, because he is so down to earth and approachable.

Magic always used to be at the Friday's at the Ladera Center when it first opened as well. Saw Sinbad randomly one day as well. This all around 99-2000.

Baldwin Hills/Crenshaw Plaza was cool, but every seemed to gravitate towards the Fox Hills Mall. Fox Hills back in the 90s and 00s before Westfield killed it was the place to be. All the urban stores you could ask for.

parallax

Superstar
Daps
I remember what a big deal it was when Magic Johnson theatre opened. Saw so may movies at that place. My grandmother was living in the Village Green at the time, so Magic theatre's was our summer babysitter for my cousin, sister and I on the regular. Used to see Magic and EJ (when he was 4-5 year old, so before his :dame: ) all the time, just hanging out catching a movie with us regular people. I always appreciated Magic, because he is so down to earth and approachable.

Magic always used to be at the Friday's at the Ladera Center when it first opened as well. Saw Sinbad randomly one day as well. This all around 99-2000.

Baldwin Hills/Crenshaw Plaza was cool, but every seemed to gravitate towards the Fox Hills Mall. Fox Hills back in the 90s and 00s before Westfield killed it was the place to be. All the urban stores you could ask for.

I still call it fox hills. And then have to correct myself for people that don't know it as such. That mall was definitely more booming than the plaza though i agree. The burger King that was in there was so damn packed you would think they were either giving something away or selling shyt out the back.