When People Say "There's No Black People In LA"...

How Sway?

Great Value Man
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Only nikkas that ain't from here sit here and say dumb shyt like "Long Beach and Santa Monica aren't Los Angeles"

Tell Snoop he ain't from LA, and then watch what he say :stopitslime:

Nikka, if you from Anaheim, you from LA. That's why their baseball team is called the LOS ANGELES Angels:

Screenshot-445.png

If you not from here, you don't understand that we all consider the Greater Los Angeles Area to be LA. Yeah, we all got our hoods and what not, and we definitely set trip, but ain't no nikka from Inglewood (that would be ME) saying nikkas from Downey or Signal Hill ain't from LA.

That's out of towner talk, and you out yourself as such when you say this.
This is definitely more of an East coast/midwest thing. Where people act like once you cross the city boundaries into the burbs you're automatically in a different country.

Last edited:

ill

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mother Russia & Greater Israel
Only nikkas that ain't from here sit here and say dumb shyt like "Long Beach and Santa Monica aren't Los Angeles"

Tell Snoop he ain't from LA, and then watch what he say :stopitslime:

Nikka, if you from Anaheim, you from LA. That's why their baseball team is called the LOS ANGELES Angels:

Screenshot-445.png

If you not from here, you don't understand that we all consider the Greater Los Angeles Area to be LA. Yeah, we all got our hoods and what not, and we definitely set trip, but ain't no nikka from Inglewood (that would be ME) saying nikkas from Downey or Signal Hill ain't from LA.

That's out of towner talk, and you out yourself as such when you say this.

This shyt blew my mind when I first visited LA. You guys count anything in LA county as LA. As an east coaster I thought LA was just downtown and the immediate surrounding areas.

Premeditated

MANDE KANG
Daps
Reppin
IMMIGRANT TETHERS
My brother, The Bay has fewer black people than LA by both percentage and raw population, less black cultural impact and significance, and yet you're in here saying it's the last West Coast holdout for black people...

Even if i didnt know you werent from California, that comment told it, because Northern Californians know Sacramento has eaten away at the attractiveness of The Bay and black culture is THRIVING in Sacramento relative to the history of the city; anyone choosing The Bay over Sac today are doing so for nostalgia's sake...

And Southern Californians have seen us flock to the IE and the High Desert...

And LA has always been more popping for us than The Bay, and still is to this day...

Yet you think The Bay is the last holdout for Black Californians...

It's clear the majority of posters here are simply ignorant (not as in dumb, but as uninformed) to what's happening to black people and our communities in New York, Chicago, San Francisco, Baltimore, St Louis, Cleveland, Oakland, Memphis, Detroit, Miami, New Orleans, and a number of other cities, because you nikkas stay talking as if what happened to LA's black decline is specific to LA...

All of these cities I just named have some serious, serious issues with attracting new black transplants, and retaining their native-born black citizens, for a variety of social and political and economic reasons...

But you nikkas think this is a Los Angeles problem. Black Angelenos who are still there are in better shape than the black citizenry today in most of those cities, who are experiencing black folk being fatigued of those cities today the way we were of LA in the previous generation...

It definitely isn't true that there's no opportunity for us in LA, but I want to be clear. I don't think LA in its current state is one of the best cities for us, nor do I think California is as a state...

This thread is about people saying there's no black community in LA, which is false. It's not about the best cities for black folk...

💯!

Bruh cats on here know my story, I had a tumultuous upbringing. I didn't grow up in LA the way the LA posters on here did, so I'm not "from" LA the same way they are...

But I do have roots there, did go to school there, and had I never left or at least went to junior high or high school there it would be different. I have family in several different parts of LA but as far as my own roots in LA are concerned, I'm "from" Expo and Normandie, myself and @ImmaGetJoeClarkArrested are from the same general neighborhood (he's a born and bred Angeleno though, there is a difference from me only living there a few years)...
black bay area people are moving to Sac because it cheaper, nothing more to it really. I can't wait to go back. it's too slow pace out here for me.
Sac does not come close to the the Bay Area in entertainment, vibrancy, urbanism, black cultural impact. Black people come out here because they can't handle the high cost of living in the Bay. imma be back in Emeryville in December after I get my license :wow:

I'll give you LA area, but you are assanine with this Sacramento>Bay Area agenda. the only flaw with the Bay Area is the hoods are too far apart and all affluent people love to move to white/mix neighborhoods so we've never had a Baldwin Hills.

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
Gotta bump, just to debunk this bullshyt again 🤣 I wish I knew how to pin shyt on here...

I'm currently in Chesterfield Square (near Slauson/Western), been a couple places today. Mf's who say they don't see black people in Los Angeles, don't be in Black Los Angeles, period...

GOAT city in America period is Los Angeles, only way it could get better is by cleaning up COL and black folk keeping our homes and businesses here. Easily take a mf to Black LA and you see so many of us you think you in a black city...

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
@ImmaGetJoeClarkArrested went thru the old hood today, old house I lived in on Rolland Curtis got Hispanics there and they've fukked it up 🤣 they got MS and 20s hit ups in the old neighborhood, I don't remember either being that far south of Jefferson...

I'm gonna stay keeping it hot on all these nikkas who swear ain't no black people in LA. And the nikkas who say ain't no bad sisters here, shhheeeeeiiittttt. shyt just let's me know the speaker doesn't know what he talking about...

ImmaGetJoeClarkArrested

The Goshfather
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Central Los Angeles So Wut U Wanna Do??
@ImmaGetJoeClarkArrested went thru the old hood today, old house I lived in on Rolland Curtis got Hispanics there and they've fukked it up 🤣 they got MS and 20s hit ups in the old neighborhood, I don't remember either being that far south of Jefferson...

I'm gonna stay keeping it hot on all these nikkas who swear ain't no black people in LA. And the nikkas who say ain't no bad sisters here, shhheeeeeiiittttt. shyt just let's me know the speaker doesn't know what he talking about...
I grew up in the Harlems right by Denker Park went to Foshay from 6th-12th :mjcry: