When People Say "There's No Black People In LA"...

MegaTronBomb!

Power is in my hair nikka
Daps
Reppin
From The Westside With Love
A lot of people don't account for how massive LA is.... and that these people who claim this, stay north of wilshire, and west of La Brea unless it's to go to Staples, Exposition Park or Leimert Park to prove they were really in the hood.

but it's mostly an online talking point

MegaTronBomb!

Power is in my hair nikka
Daps
Reppin
From The Westside With Love
It’s white people in LBC?

Yes, People have been led to believe that Long Beach is nothing but the East/Northside...and nothing but Vince Staples,Rolling 20's and Asian Crips.

Downtown/4th Street corridor is becoming much more white (and LGBT), Belmont shores,Naples are very white and it borders Seal Beach which is the start of OC.

You had a white population that had always lived there, and mostly just kept moving to Lakewood,Signal Hill and further into OC as blacks and latinos moved in.

BEN23

All Star
Daps
it literally used to be mexico, the name is in spanish for a reason. black people that live in LA are recent migrants from 50 years ago from the south. :heh:
it's actually impressive how such a small population influenced an entire city and have the presence they have/had.
I KNOW THIS....its so much mexicans... i say wheres the white people :stopitslime:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
2.555 million people is larger than every NY borough besides Brooklyn...

21% black is blacker than every NY borough besides Brooklyn and Bronx...
Notice how creative you gotta get to make whatever this point is.

You included a bunch of cities that are NOT Los Angeles in your "Los Angeles" demographics. Then you had to pick and chose what sections of NYC to compare too (one city, not multiple cities like the "Los Angeles" you made up). You then came up with this 21 percent figure and said it was "more than" 3 out 5 boroughs but queens in 20.8 percent black and were supposed to believe is exact "21" figure you got on this minority black "corridor" including several NOT Los Angeles cities?.

Without Picking and choosing...

Los Angeles Black population 8.5%
New York City Black population 23%
If you gotta add, subtract, and divide and come up with a secret formula, there’s probably not a strong black footprint there
Exactly

I think the City of LA and LA County is interchangeable and can be confused like Miami and Miami-Dade County.
Thats funny. Because in LA, actually Los Angeles people make the distinction that Inglewood over there is not Los Angeles. same way ATL people got songs about or suburb is "NOT Atlanta"

you only see these "parts of the county that are not Los Angeles are still kinda Los Angeles" arguments to make invalid points.

Last edited:

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
Notice how creative you gotta get to make whatever this point is.

You included a bunch of cities that are NOT Los Angeles in your "Los Angeles" demographics. Then you had to pick and chose what sections of NYC to compare too (one city, not multiple cities like the "Los Angeles" you made up). You then came up with this 21 percent figure and said it was "more than" 3 out 5 boroughs but queens in 20.8 percent black and were supposed to believe is exact "21" figure you got on this minority black "corridor" including several NOT Los Angeles cities?.

Without Picking and choosing...

Los Angeles Black population 8.5%
New York City Black population 23%
New York City is the blackest city I've ever lived in. Hands down.

I loved living in Crown Heights and Bed-Stuy and seeing Black People EVERYWHERE!
:blessed:

I hate going to a city I've never been to and not seeing any Black People whatsoever. It's one of the most uncomfortable feelings personally.

Vice Queen

aka Joe Henny
Supporter
Daps
Point out to them that there is a contiguous stretch of Los Angeles from Mid-Wilshire in the north stretching southeast to Long Beach, and going from Long Beach in the east to Culver City in the west;

A contiguous stretch of hundreds of neighborhoods with a total population of around ~2.55 million people, that houses ~538,000 black people...

For the mathematically challenged brothers and sisters here, that shakes out to ~21% of the population being black...

For context, 2.555 million people is larger than every US city besides NY and Chicago...

2.555 million people is larger than every NY borough besides Brooklyn...

21% black is blacker than every NY borough besides Brooklyn and Bronx...

And within this ~262.83mi² radius that houses over 2.5 million Angelenos, there are majority (50%+) black hoods, plurality black hoods, sizable black hoods, and all the black culture you want from arts and entertainment to political representation to celebrations and festivals of black community, everything...

So the next time someone tells you, "there are no black people in Los Angeles", just remember you're talking to someone who has either never been to LA period, or clearly weren't in the areas of LA where black folk live, if they went. nikkas tell on themselves...
I often say that when people come to L.A., they refuse to travel south of the 10 and east of SoFi (the original boundary was the 405, but that stadium has changed that) and then have the nerve to say all kinds of bullshyt about the city.