When did the myth that andre 3000 is better than big boi start

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This thread is bullshyt

3000 is in my top 3 but outkast appeal was always the contrast between big and 3000 it was never about who was better.

3000 feature run is what confuses the issue and that came more or less after outkast as a group was finished. To me it all started with the walk it out remix
Big Boi was on the 2 Step Remix within a year :ehh:

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Exactly. These nikkaz are just making up bullshyt :dead: 3 stack has overwhelmingly been the favorite out if the group.

nikkaz ain't never fukked with big bois solo albums :mjlol:

If big boi was so much better than 3 stack, why didn't y'all cats buy his solo projects
I bought both.
Same days that came out.
I was damn near the only OutKast fan at my high school too :mjcry:
nikkas thought the shyt was weird unless it was Hey Ya! :mjcry:

Atlboss

Legend In My Own Mind
Daps
I am from Atlanta, a huge Outkast, Goodie Mob, Dungeon Family fan from day one. I own all they shyt. Honestly it was never a question or a topic of discussion who was the best, if you were a true day one Southernplayalisticcadillacmuzik Outkast fan you just loved the sound and the fact the represented Atlanta. The reality is that Dre was slightly better from the jump. On just about every song he had the final verse, he had the most memorable verse, and this was never more evident then on Elevators and Benz or Beamers. You throw in the fact he did most of the hooks he began to stand out more and more. If anything Big Boi is underrated and skills often overlooked but no need to slight Dre to make that point.

Last edited:

raoulduke187

All Star
Daps
when Eminem dropped "Till I Collapse" and told a whole generation of white boys who he thinks the greatest rappers are

Tetsuo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Texas
:mjlol: @ lyrical, miracle, spiritual ass stangirls dikksuckin Angay 3K aka Yawndre 3K when Batty Boi aka Boi George is an infinitely better rapper

Angay 3K is such a p*ssy he's shook to release music cuz he knows it'll be compared to the GOAT Hov and he'll lose his metrosexual mystique & be looked at as the talent less, pump faking, moist ass country bumpkin c00n version of Jay Elec he is :mjlol:

shyt, at least Batty Boy's smart enough to never attempt to rap with the GOAT Hov like Angay did when he got demolished on I Do worse than he does IRL by his BM's voodoo p*ssy

anigif_enhanced-buzz-4528-1381155488-21.gif
:what: Why are you always spamming that gif?

Illin Degenerate

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
dre is a better lyricist, thats not even a question. having said that theyre both great mc's its no slight to either by saying one is better, but dre is better overall. take it for what its worth, but blaze magazine had dre as a top 35 mc of all time before eminem even released his first lp let alone a few years later when he put dre in his top mc's of the moment list. rico wade was in a magazine post atliens or post aquemini comparing dre to nas and rakim as a lyricist. dre was the one in the group getting hip hop quotables.

sure the dre love has reached mythical proportions, but this idea that eminem created dre's ascension to greatness is the dumbest thing ive ever heard. theres also more than a few that since they dont feel dre is deserving of the love he gets for whatever reason whether its lack of solos or they feel he threatens their favorite mc turn around and say big boi is better in attempt to downgrade dre.

its one thing to say there are a decent percentage of people who like big boi better or to say theyre equal, but this "everyone i know" says big boi is better is hard to believe.

KravenMorehead™

Barrel Brothers.®
Daps
Reppin
NoVA

Every group has the dude who gets everyone's attention

Outkast - Andre 3000
A Tribe Called Quest - Q-Tip
Mobb Deep - Prodigy

IMO Big Boi is just as good as 3K or slightly worse
then only difference is "3000 was deeper, story telling was more vivid & introspective."
but Big Boi is great, can spit and has a crazy flow, plus his lyrics amuse me

it's like listening to Ice Cube or Mos Def
both great, 1 is just really deep and introspective

i hate that shyt tbh

Last edited:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Son. People fukked wit Playas Ball and especially Git Up Git Out. I just used Elevators as an example. But check. It wasn't until that album where Andre started really coming into his own in the group. So even if that was the case. I guess we was right on time. Cause NOONE is gonna tell me Andre was this unanimously better emcee on Southernplayalistic. shyt. Cee Lo had one of the best verses on that album at the time.

Breh I'm not saying you guys are lying....but 'kast got booed in NY a full year after they came out. NY loved Outkast so much they booed them at the biggest hip-hop event of 1995.

It was rappers from every other region claiming NY was hating on them, wouldn't give them a fair chance, etc.

Then I come to The Booth and basically every NY poster is talking about they were fans from day 1.:jbhmm:

Fred.

Last edited:

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Breh I'm not saying you guys are lying....but 'kast got booed in NY a full year after they came out. NY loved Outkast so much they booed them at the biggest hip-hop event of 1995.

It was rappers from every other region claiming NY was hating on them, wouldn't give them a fair chance, etc.

Then I come to The Booth and basically every NY poster is talking about they were fans from day 1.:jbhmm:

Fred.
THe Source Awards ain't NY. The Source Awards was an award show. I hate that the media outlets n shyt made it seem like we ain't give love to other regions in the city when it was just CERTAIN people hatin n shyt. And that's real talk. I don't know a person in real life who hated on Outkast.

Last edited: