When did Americans get tricked into thinking they needed a big Breakfast

⠝⠕⠏⠑

Veteran
Daps
This is a survivor of living in the country and doing farm work.
My parents are skinny as hell. And they ate like this. Why? Because in the country they woke up at 5am, had a family that were sharecroppers, worked on a farm, didn't have homes with running water, so they had to carry it pumped from the well, picked all the fruit and vegetables, caught and killed any meat they ate, spent upwards of 7 hrs daily doing farm or house work and so on.

But we all phased big breakfast out. We will still do something like veggie frittata and Ezekiel bread or grits and veggie scramble with Canadian bacon or shrimp and fruit. We also didn't grow up drinking juice b/c it was too expensive. It was a luxury.

WesCrook

Veteran
Daps
Dawg, that doesn't work for ere'body, though. When you have high metabolism, you need more than that or you can get physically ill.

Not err'bodies bodies react the same, B.
True, but in most cases it doesn't take much to satisfy your hunger.

We're supposed eat for nourishment. As another poster stated, our bodies are designed so much food intake.

We are not as hungry as we think we are

Jesus

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NZ
This made me laugh.

These people skipping breakfast and/or lunch must not workout at all. No way you can workout and not eat breakfast or lunch. If you are physically active, your body will burn calories and you'll be hungry after an 8-9 hour sleep fast. That's what breakfast is.....you are breaking a fast.

Did it yesterday....got a haircut too after my lift and before my first meal of the day. I ended up eating my first meal around 2pm. I guarantee that I did more strenuous and heavy weight than the vast majority in the thread too....:mjlit::mjlit::mjlit: Consumed like 2k afterwards though and had a big dinner and nitecap snack.

The Coochie Assassin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
RD4L
Did it yesterday....got a haircut too after my lift and before my first meal of the day. I ended up eating my first meal around 2pm. I guarantee that I did more strenuous and heavy weight than the vast majority in the thread too....:mjlit::mjlit::mjlit: Consumed like 2k afterwards though and had a big dinner and nitecap snack.
People workout fasted all the time, IDK what that dude was talking about. Must not keep up with the fitness world like he claims

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
You sincerely don't need all of that but I'll be damned if it doesn't taste good.

About to make me 2 egg and bacon sammichs right now :mjgrin:

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

So how many total calories did you consume for the day? :francis:

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
People workout fasted all the time, IDK what that dude was talking about. Must not keep up with the fitness world like he claims

:whoa: Maybe I'm just old school. I don't see how you can have an efficient workout while your stomach is growling. Where do you even get the energy?

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Family

You do know energy from food can be stored and then accessed

I'll follow what professional athletes do and that's eat regular meals before and after workouts.

I doubt professional athletes are starving themselves before training or before going into a game.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
I'll follow what professional athletes do and that's eat regular meals before and after workouts.

I doubt professional athletes are starving themselves before training or before going into a game.

Nobody here is a professional athlete or trying to perform under those circumstances.

Do you also train like them?

There is more than one way. It’s pretty simple that food can be consumed and stored so you don’t have to eat prior to training to perform optimally.

Last edited:

kt773

All Star
Daps
Reppin
chi town southside wild 100's
:gucci: Nobody eats this everyday , 9 times out of ten I don’t even eat breakfast , snack at work and eat a regular sized dinner around 7 or 8, nikkas making threads about anything these days:mjlol:, nobody going to ihop everyday or making ihop menu items like this

The Coochie Assassin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
RD4L
:whoa: Maybe I'm just old school. I don't see how you can have an efficient workout while your stomach is growling. Where do you even get the energy?
I'm a certified personal trainer so I understand not everyone had to study nutritional science but you serious breh? :pachaha: your body stores glycogen (by breaking down carbs) and taps into it to fuel your body during a workout or during your daily life. You literally got energy for days. The nutrients you eat don't just disappear after you digest it. That's how you gain weight, you store too may carbs you don't burn off that eventually turn into fat :flabbynsick:

Also, there are preworkout supps like a caffiene pill or a 0 calorie, 0 carb energy drink....that's all I need to lift heavy and do cardio :manny:, I don't need food in my stomach that's digesting, fukking up the vibe.

Not eating before working out won't kill you but you have to train yourself to do it. You've trained your body and mind to think "I'm starving" after going without a snack for a few hours.

You'll probably even look better temporarily after you work out fasted then eat post workout.

A lot of nutritionists are big proponents of fasted workouts and intermittent fasting :manny: one dude I follow says the optimal window of eating is 7 hours a day. That means, 17 hours you eat nothing :mjgrin: you think you could survive that breh?

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm a certified personal trainer so I understand not everyone had to study nutritional science but you serious breh? :pachaha: your body stores glycogen (by breaking down carbs) and taps into it to fuel your body during a workout or during your daily life. You literally got energy for days. The nutrients you eat don't just disappear after you digest it. That's how you gain weight, you store too may carbs you don't burn off that eventually turn into fat :flabbynsick:

Also, there are preworkout supps like a caffiene pill or a 0 calorie, 0 carb energy drink....that's all I need to lift heavy and do cardio :manny:, I don't need food in my stomach that's digesting, fukking up the vibe.

Not eating before working out won't kill you but you have to train yourself to do it. You've trained your body and mind to think "I'm starving" after going without a snack for a few hours.

You'll probably even look better temporarily after you work out fasted then eat post workout.

A lot of nutritionists are big proponents of fasted workouts and intermittent fasting :manny: one dude I follow says the optimal window of eating is 7 hours a day. That means, 17 hours you eat nothing :mjgrin: you think you could survive that breh?

*Souljah Boy*17 hours!?!?!? :mindblown:

I've been working out consistently for 10 years now. I'm pretty much used to a routine of eating small meals or healthy snacks every 4 or 5 hours for a total of 4 or 5 meals. a day

But I'm not going to argue with a pro. If it works for you and your clients, kudos. I'm too far gone on the old school regiment.

I'm an ecto so keeping or gaining weight is a challenge to start with.