What’s Y’all Job Title and What’s Y’all Salary?

Duke Wy Lin

It's been a good run. Wish y'all the best ✊🏿
Daps
Product Strategy Manager
$250K (Maybe $270K this year if the stock market keeps recovering)

$155K Base
$95K Stock

7 years ago I was on the Coli making $65K, so shout out to the older 6-fig fam for sharing ideas on career paths.

Trying to break into the mid-300s next year, so people managers hit me up w/ recs on books & resources for managing ppl & developing leadership style.

Had to highlight this part.:salute:

Mass

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Mad six figure nikkas in this thread :mjlol:
Every year this thread gets made and every year nikkas are rich but this shows you how out of touch most these nikkas are IF the shyt they saying is true.

Also, it’s good motivation for young people who read this thread, and read the job titles and salaries because that’s what I did in 2005-2011 when the name was different. It all motivated me to get where I am today

PrnzHakeem

FKA LilNukka
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New Haven
I'm not concerned with whether people are lying or not, my career is about knowing/understanding what jobs do and how much they are paid. Titles can be inflated, but your pay is what it is. (i.e. - everyone at a bank/financial institution is an AVP/VP etc, but that VP title isnt necessarily transferrable to other functions or industries). Unfortunately, alot of yall/us are underpaid for what you do, but that's a whole nother topic.

I actually posted my offer salary, but also realize I'm 40 year's old and have been in my career track for almost 20 years.

My first job out of college I was making $48K with OT, 10% bonus. As you grow in your career, your pay increases should not be linear. There can be big swings (up and down), depending on alot of circumstances.

What people should've also done is post job postings similar to what you do:

Sr Mgr, Comp at Salesforce

Comp Mgr at Twitch

Compensation Program Manager at Playstation Global

PrnzHakeem

FKA LilNukka
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New Haven
Numbers game, like i understand your further explanation, but if 10% of the pop makes 100k or higher, and we know that number shrinks even more for brothas, some folks are being honest, but maj are not being real

I think this thread has shown there is a lot of avenues to unique jobs, with good pay, like when someone said plant chain operators manager, when i was looking on indeed for a new job, i passed by a job for one, and decided to read the job app, and the salary for that is 100k plus, and it’s like shyt I’m a whole doctor and had to do a lot to get my degree, and more to then touch 6 figures, and a degree in plant chain mngr and they at 6 figures

WHo do you think is not being real? You say most, so I would assume you can quote a few examples?

As a doctor, you should already know you not making the money you should unless you are private practice and have ownership in the practice. Also, alot of doctor pay depends on specialty. Did you do a fellowship?

My wife is a doctor/surgeon, and could make $1M/yr if she went the private practice route. But money isn't her main motivator, and it shouldn't be for any doctor. Hippocratic oath and such.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Had way too many users hyped over those stimulus checks for these numbers to be real :dead:
:heh: What are you so stagnant in your thinking? Stimulus checks were like a year ago, maybe they were unemployed or lost a position at the height of Covid and found something. Many people hopped on the remote/multiple remote job trend and took advantage and are doing well financially.