What’s Y’all Job Title and What’s Y’all Salary?

Pedro Negro

Reefer & Sneakers
Daps
Reppin
New York fukkin' City
Sales, dealing mainly with interior designers, builders, architects, etc.

Work for a tile company.

Base is 65K + my commission last year was around 80K.

Last year I did 2.4 million in sales, this year I’m trending towards 3.2, so my commissions should clear 100K alone this year.

Work from home full time.

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:heh: What are you so stagnant in your thinking? Stimulus checks were like a year ago, maybe they were unemployed or lost a position at the height of Covid and found something. Many people hopped on the remote/multiple remote job trend and took advantage and are doing well financially.
Majority of six figure wages posted here are lies. Vast majority of Americans don’t make sox figures, even less when it comes to African Americans yet you think vast majority of posters on the coli who happen to be AA make six figures? Come on :heh:

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Majority of six figure wages posted here are lies. Vast majority of Americans don’t make sox figures, even less when it comes to African Americans yet you think vast majority of posters on the coli who happen to be AA make six figures? Come on :heh:
I do because I'm one of them and I've seen proof plenty of times from others :manny: There is daily discussion in six figures six cert about salaries and offers as well. I also see it in my personal life. I know black people making six figures in a variety of occupations, a variety of tech roles, nursing/healthcare, longshoreman, childcare, utilities...Some make it with overtime others it's the base.

Plus as Houston mention only a small population is answering the question. Not to mention "6 figures" is a huge range of numbers. It's not hard to believe someone is earning $125,000 when the max is $999,999.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Sales, dealing mainly with interior designers, builders, architects, etc.

Work for a tile company.

Base is 65K + my commission last year was around 80K.

Last year I did 2.4 million in sales, this year I’m trending towards 3.2, so my commissions should clear 100K alone this year.

Work from home full time.

Boss :leon:

CW_1991

Banned
Daps
Hopefully about to close in on this local trucking gig down at the ports in Savannah Georgia hauling containers. 75k to 85k (minimum and maximum). Hourly with OT after 8 (daily)

Not factoring in quarterly safety bonuses. Could very well go into the 90k ballpark.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
I'm not concerned with whether people are lying or not, my career is about knowing/understanding what jobs do and how much they are paid. Titles can be inflated, but your pay is what it is. (i.e. - everyone at a bank/financial institution is an AVP/VP etc, but that VP title isnt necessarily transferrable to other functions or industries). Unfortunately, alot of yall/us are underpaid for what you do, but that's a whole nother topic.

I actually posted my offer salary, but also realize I'm 40 year's old and have been in my career track for almost 20 years.

My first job out of college I was making $48K with OT, 10% bonus. As you grow in your career, your pay increases should not be linear. There can be big swings (up and down), depending on alot of circumstances.

What people should've also done is post job postings similar to what you do:

Sr Mgr, Comp at Salesforce

Comp Mgr at Twitch

Compensation Program Manager at Playstation Global

my pops told me years ago that everyone at a bank is a VP. no lies told there.

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
I'm not concerned with whether people are lying or not, my career is about knowing/understanding what jobs do and how much they are paid. Titles can be inflated, but your pay is what it is. (i.e. - everyone at a bank/financial institution is an AVP/VP etc, but that VP title isnt necessarily transferrable to other functions or industries). Unfortunately, alot of yall/us are underpaid for what you do, but that's a whole nother topic.

I actually posted my offer salary, but also realize I'm 40 year's old and have been in my career track for almost 20 years.

My first job out of college I was making $48K with OT, 10% bonus. As you grow in your career, your pay increases should not be linear. There can be big swings (up and down), depending on alot of circumstances.

What people should've also done is post job postings similar to what you do:

Sr Mgr, Comp at Salesforce

Comp Mgr at Twitch

Compensation Program Manager at Playstation Global
This helps keep perspective because when I google the salary range for my tittle I actually make quite a bit more for than the median salary that’s posted on the internet.

Also I got 10 more years to make even more bread before feeling like I’m behind the ball.

Should get a nice little raise in the coming year or so, when I intend to switch things Up.