What’s wrong with medium-well or well-done steak?

Daps
Reppin
NULL
its food, if you enjoyed it and its edible theres no reason to switch up. What you experienced is conformity, "everyone agrees with them so it must be right" humans aren't aware of this fact for some reason.

This is really the bottom line.... plus, eating medium rare beef isn’t a white thing at all....

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Any restaurant really. There is really no reason to waste your quality steaks on some retarded person who orders it well done. I served in a somewhat upscale restaurant and the chefs would laugh whenever someone ordered their shyt well done. In fact everyone would laugh lol.

If that person paid for it and that’s how they like it? :ehh:

There is really nothing to laugh at

Dad

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
DMV
When you cook steak at home. How exactly do you know when it’s medium well, since it’s still cooking when it’s removed from heat

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I aint eating red meat bruh. shyt gotta be well done for me

Go medium well, that's the default cookness for burgers. Mcdonalds, Burger king, Wendys etc cook their burgers medium well. Thank me later. Once you have medium well steak then you will want to try a medium steak.

Last edited:

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
From an Executive Chef

"Not refuse but strongly advise and it’s not a matter of ego. It’s basic economics. Suppose my cost on a steak is $15? To survive I need to average an industry standard food cost of 30%. I need to charge $45 for that steak, right? Add veggies and a starch, bread basket and butter chips and now I need to charge about $50.

Some jackass orders the steak well done and doesn’t like it. He complains it’s dry and chewy. Trust me, this actually happens. I didn’t lose $15 on that transaction. I lost $50 on that transaction. If my cost is let’s say $18 between the steak, bread, veggies and starch, how many steak dinners must I sell to recover from the moron? At least three.

So I or the waiter will strongly advise you to order your steak no more than MW. If you insist on WD we will not be responsible for complaints on toughness or dryness. Most people will select MW given that context"

And another viewpoint

"This is why “the customer is always right” not correct 100% of the time.

As a culinary professional, you would know by experience how to serve the dish properly and how to ruin it. It’s basically ensuring integrity of your product 100% of the time. It all have to do with practicality.

Let’s say your customer wants his steak well-done. You cooked it as he wanted. The steak came out dry and rubbery. Next thing he’ll do is either complain or put a word out your steak, while top of the class, is not better than his hometown steak. Of course it’s not better, it was cooked badly. If you have a $100 cooked badly, it’s not better than the run off the mill $10 steak. You’d potentially ruin your name and serve an inferior product just because your customer wants it.

What you do is politely tell the customer that serving it well done will ruin your steak. If he still insists, you can politely tell him that the Mcdonalds is just right in the next block.

This is practically same as any other line of work or service. You either serve it the best way you know or not do it at all"

That sounds like a stupid ass chef. Hamburgers and cheeseburgers are well done. Yet they don’t taste rubbery. I been getting steaks well done all my life. They don’t taste rubbery. I’ve been making steaks at home all my life well done. They don’t taste rubbery. People just want cooked food, not shyt that’s pink inside. FOH :camby: Y’all nikkas is snobs forreal. How you gonna tell us what we can and cannot eat? Eat what you want and leave us alone :camby: and if restaurants gotta problem, fukk them. They can’t control what we eat either. If they want my money, they gonna make it how I want and if they try to get smart and give me a boot leather steak instead a properly cooked steak imma get my money back and imma take my dollars elsewhere because 90 percent of places know how to make it and make it taste good. It’s not rocket science :camby: Imagine if you told a waiter you wanted your Bacon Cheeseburger well done and your waiter responded back all snobby like :rudy: you wasting a good burger :rudy: and brought you out a burger overcooked so much it tasted like burnt toast or a brillo pad. You’d get your money back right? You gonna be looking at that waiter crazy right? If that kinda response isn’t acceptable with other kinds of beef, why is it different with steak? :camby:Last thing, I know y’all siddity ass nikkas ain’t going to no black family cookouts like let me get my shyt medium well or rare :steviej: 95% of old black men on the grill cooking that shyt WELL and that shyt be good :rudy: