What’s wrong with medium-well or well-done steak?

Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama
That sounds like a stupid ass chef. Hamburgers and cheeseburgers are well done. Yet they don’t taste rubbery. I been getting steaks well done all my life. They don’t taste rubbery. I’ve been making steaks at home all my life well done. They don’t taste rubbery. People just want cooked food, not shyt that’s pink inside. FOH :camby: Y’all nikkas is snobs forreal. How you gonna tell us what we can and cannot eat? Eat what you want and leave us alone :camby: and if restaurants gotta problem, fukk them. They can’t control what we eat either. If they want my money, they gonna make it how I want and if they try to get smart and give me a boot leather steak instead a properly cooked steak imma get my money back and imma take my dollars elsewhere because 90 percent of places know how to make it and make it taste good. It’s not rocket science :camby: Imagine if you told a waiter you wanted your Bacon Cheeseburger well done and your waiter responded back all snobby like :rudy: you wasting a good burger :rudy: and brought you out a burger overcooked so much it tasted like burnt toast or a brillo pad. You’d get your money back right? You gonna be looking at that waiter crazy right? If that kinda response isn’t acceptable with other kinds of beef, why is it different with steak? :camby:Last thing, I know y’all siddity ass nikkas ain’t going to no black family cookouts like let me get my shyt medium well or rare :steviej: 95% of old black men on the grill cooking that shyt WELL and that shyt be good :rudy:

At most mid to high end places(for burgers), no they aren't. And hamburger and steak is two different things. Hell Steak isn't just steak it's like 10-15 different cuts of meat from the same cow.

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
At most mid to high end places(for burgers), no they aren't. And hamburger and steak is two different things. Hell Steak isn't just steak it's like 10-15 different cuts of steak from the same cow.

A lot of places I go to, to get burgers ask if I want it well done. I always say yea and that shyt be good :ahh: there’s a difference between well done and burnt and blackened to point it taste like smoke and ash. That’s just chefs trying to be smart :heh:

ORDER_66

Demon Time coming 2024
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Hamburgers are always well done in my book...:birdman: the truck is to cooking a steak medium well and have it juicy and tender on the inside when you eat it...:jbhmm: I feel we've been here before, have we been here before??!?

Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama
A lot of places I go to, to get burgers ask if I want it well done. I always say yea and that shyt be good :ahh: there’s a difference between well done and burnt and blackened to point it taste like smoke and ash. That’s just chefs trying to be smart :heh:

Most places you go to is I.E. Hamburger Heaven, McDonalds, Burger King, etc...use plain ole 73/27 ground beef. A mid range or upscale place is using high end cuts of beef like sirloin, brisket, wagyu, chuck, short rib, etc...

Caca-faat

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Kgn 876
I think imma go pick up a couple of rib-eyes and make a nice medium steak tonight
Iv9gIwi.jpg

Beat you to it.