Whats wrong with being pro-black?

Greenstrings

All Star
Daps
quoting someone that wasnt apart of the black power movement?
It ain't about the movement or the person. The sentiment stands on it's own. There are as many ways to experience blackness as there are black people on the planet with no one way more valid than any other.

Valorisation is a typical response to oppression and being constantly on the defensive about your race is tiring as hell.

Just like bruddas

Couple shooters in the cut.
Supporter
Daps
It ain't about the movement or the person. The sentiment stands on it's own. There are as many ways to experience blackness as there are black people on the planet with no one way more valid than any other.

Valorisation is a typical response to oppression and being constantly on the defensive about your race is tiring as hell.

its not for the weak of heart :manny:

How are we suppose to response to oppression then? By caving in and not giving a fukk? You see where that got us? We became confuse and forgot about who we are. We have no pride anymore, you see these c00ns out here trying to eat at the white man table only to be given scraps and left overs. So busy trying to impress and satisfy other races but is so quick to shyt on our own just for a pat on the head.

I don't know about you but we have our own table and our own people to feed. I rather be tired than satisfied with fukking left overs.

Greenstrings

All Star
Daps
[/B]

its not for the weak of heart :manny:

How are we suppose to response to oppression then? By caving in and not giving a fukk? You see where that got us? We became confuse and forgot about who we are. We have no pride anymore, you see these c00ns out here trying to eat at the white man table only to be given scraps and left overs. So busy trying to impress and satisfy other races but is so quick to shyt on our own just for a pat on the head.

I don't know about you but we have our own table and our own people to feed. I rather be tired than satisfied with fukking left overs.

This isn't an either or, and I'm not advocating a specific narrative. We as black people didn't do any one thing. You could just as easily argue that we didn't give in and in our reluctance to show weakness we held up any old nonsense as black culture and that's why we are where we are. I can't go to bat for the validity of either position because such oversimplifications aren't helpful.

Identity politics may play out dialectically but it isn't healthy to frame black identity in terms of whiteness. White hegemony is an inescapable reality but it's upheld by tacit acceptance of modes of thinking that are self defeatist and not always relevant, as you say we have our own people to feed. We would be wise to do so without making whiteness the standard for everything we do. As much as others may pander, shuck and jive we only reinforce notions of racial inferiority by framing such behaviour in those terms.

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
This isn't an either or, and I'm not advocating a specific narrative. We as black people didn't do any one thing. You could just as easily argue that we didn't give in and in our reluctance to show weakness we held up any old nonsense as black culture and that's why we are where we are. I can't go to bat for the validity of either position because such oversimplifications aren't helpful.

Identity politics may play out dialectically but it isn't healthy to frame black identity in terms of whiteness. White hegemony is an inescapable reality but it's upheld by tacit acceptance of modes of thinking that are self defeatist and not always relevant, as you say we have our own people to feed. We would be wise to do so without making whiteness the standard for everything we do. As much as others may pander, shuck and jive we only reinforce notions of racial inferiority by framing such behaviour in those terms.
Ay bro, it's Saturday night man, why you using essay words and shyt. This shyt sounds like something your wrote for a a final exam in school. Let your hair down man. Have a drink and smoke a cigar bro.

Greenstrings

All Star
Daps
Ay bro, it's Saturday night man, why you using essay words and shyt. This shyt sounds like something your wrote for a a final exam in school. Let your hair down man. Have a drink and smoke a cigar bro.

:heh: I only ever write like this when I'm unsober. I'll probably read it back tomorrow and cringe.

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Threadstarter is a fake ass militant ho ass bytch ass punk ass trick ass nikka.

You and your kind are the real c00ns. :pacspit:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm not pro black. I am anti-white American. They are a class of people whose power and wealth was created off the backs of my ancestors. I hate white Americans, and I won't apologize for that. It's crazy how these people don't realize that I walk among them and wish they were dead. I'm sure white Americans feel the same about me. It is what it is.

SuburbanPimp

Giving game to lames since the 90s
Daps
Reppin
In Dallas, From Cleveland
Notta damn thing.... I'm pro black with no apologies.

I have white friends and I don't think they the devil or treat them any kind a way.

I'm just 100% behind supporting anything thats black.

Its one thing if you are Anti-______

But what the hell is wrong with being black and being pro black? :what: