What’s Ur Top 5 Ethnic Cuisines?

Commish

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Well I lump Caribbean food into one cause there isn’t one cuisine that’s totally better than the other.

Jamaicans have the goat chicken = Jerk but I do believe Haitians are by far better at cooking rice.

I also do believe Jamaicans are top notch ox tails but also believe Haitians have much better plantains.

I’ll let the Jamaicans, Trinis and Guyanese have their little Curry debate tho.

Given your moniker, I will assume you had enough Jamaican, Haitian, Guyanese and other Caribbean food to speak on what type pleases your palette or not..

I am also sure that they have Caribbean spots out your way like they have Mexican spots out my way.

Love ox tails, but hate curry!!

This is what I will do..

One day soon, I will go to a Jamaican spot somewhat near me and buy some food. Then there is this Caribbean restaurant that serves various dishes from the countries you mention.

When I do, I will revisit this thread( if I remember??) Lol

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.
Given your moniker, I will assume you had enough Jamaican, Haitian, Guyanese and other Caribbean food to speak on what type pleases your palette or not..

I am also sure that they have Caribbean spots out your way like they have Mexican spots out my way.

Love ox tails, but hate curry!!

This is what I will do..

One day soon, I will go to a Jamaican spot somewhat near me and buy some food. Then there is this Caribbean restaurant that serves various dishes from the countries you mention.

When I do, I will revisit this thread( if I remember??) Lol

I’m not a big curry eater myself. And at this point I’m open to trying food from the smaller islands.

NYC is mainly has Jamaican, Haitian, Guyanese, Trini spots.

A few Bajan And Grenadian spots and I know there are two St. Vincent bakeries.

All the other islands are lacking.

UserNameless

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere...You never there.
I think those red sauce joints are kinda overrated, but I took a chick on a date at a nice non-Americanized Italian restaurant in Manhattan and the food was amazing

Flavor profiles are limited ... it’s all carbs from flour. .. always the same dish , just repurposed multiple times . Shyt is really basic, struggle food with good branding to make you believe something different :usure:

:sas2:

Can’t tell you the last time I’ve had real Italian or faux Italian ... it’s never on the radar for a spot to hit up. It’s just so generic. Doesn’t even feel Iike a real cultural experience even eating the real thing . :manny:

invalid

Banned
Daps
Am I the only one that finds Jamaican food overrated? Like it’s good but top cuisine good? Nah. I feel the offerings are very limited. It’s not like their side dishes are spectacular. And part of the reason why their protein is so good, what contributes a good part to the jerked taste is that a lot of their meats are grilled. Grill any chicken, you achieve half of the jerk taste. And if you season really well, sometimes the taste is indistinguishable.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
That’s right Nawth brehs:troll:

Souf breh bout to hit y’all back with that same bullshyt!:umad:

If chitlins in your top 2 diet your food is trash:steviej:

If you never had great succotash, with some southern collard greens, soft sweet corn bred, pull pork, bbq briskets, potato salad, Mac & cheese, and some southern fried chicken. You ain’t living right.

And if you have to ASK for sweet tea or don’t have none and don’t have banana pudding or red velvet cake in the end? You lost in the game of life:umad:

North won the Freedon War
South won the Food War

And it ends here, y’all funny tawkin timb wearing niccas can’t have it all!!!:rudy:

Pull up @Nicole0416 :steviej: