What’s Ur Top 5 Ethnic Cuisines?

datnigDASTARDLY

catching pigeons
Daps
Where are you from that you have not ever had good jerk?

:ohhh:

The low country, I'll admit I haven't exactly tried to find a good Jamaican spot...and I do like Caribbean food, but I just never got the hype for jerk.

Its gotta be the places I've been cuz literally everyone likes it :jbhmm: :manny:

Actually6Foot3

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
BKNY
Feel sorry for the brehs that don't live in a major city with all the GOAT cuisines :wow:

1. carribbean/west indian
2. Mexican
3. Italian
4. Thai
5. American

I feel like everyone says "Jamaican" as the standard for west Indian food. We all pretty much make the same shyt in the west Indies for the most part with a key dish here and there. Jamacians just got jerk on lock.

MajesticLion

Superstar
Daps
Am I the only one that finds Jamaican food overrated? Like it’s good but top cuisine good? Nah. I feel the offerings are very limited. It’s not like their side dishes are spectacular. And part of the reason why their protein is so good, what contributes a good part to the jerked taste is that a lot of their meats are grilled. Grill any chicken, you achieve half of the jerk taste. And if you season really well, sometimes the taste is indistinguishable.

Unless you've had someone make you jerk using actual Jamaican pimento bark/allspice and green sweetwood, and better yet done over a hole dug in the ground...it's not the same.

All that other "overrated" stuff is subjective.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
That’s right Nawth brehs:troll:

Souf breh bout to hit y’all back with that same bullshyt!:umad:

If chitlins in your top 2 diet your food is trash:steviej:

If you never had great succotash, with some southern collard greens, soft sweet corn bred, pull pork, bbq briskets, potato salad, Mac & cheese, and some southern fried chicken. You ain’t living right.

And if you have to ASK for sweet tea or don’t have none and don’t have banana pudding or red velvet cake in the end? You lost in the game of life:umad:

North won the Freedon War
South won the Food War

And it ends here, y’all funny tawkin timb wearing niccas can’t have it all!!!:rudy:

Pull up @Nicole0416 :steviej:
:deadmanny:If you don’t go and sit down somewhere with your cup of buttermilk, hog maws and hot water biscuits. The nerve to tell us that we have “funny accents” ... but I have to decipher country dialects and wait 20 mins for yallllllll to get to the point in a conversation with that southern drawwwwllll

What is succotash?? :stopitslime:
Being in the norf, we are exposed to a diverse variety of ethnic cuisines that would meet any taste palate, therefore, what you said is a dead issue. I could have Caribbean, Italian, Jamaican. Ethiopian, Mexican, Peruvian Ghanaian, Indian, Spanish, all within a 10 block radius. Or if I wanted soul food with my pollo guisado or sancocho I could do that to. And it’s authentic to the regional cuisine. Talking like it takes a brain surgeon to cook Mac and cheese, cornbread or pulled pork. I’ve cooked all that. What do you know about 7-up pound cake??
:stopitslime:
And I hate sweet tea, :gag: what’s the point of drinking cold tea?? give me pink lemonade, pineapple or papaya juice.

Oh and At least I can find a decent slice of pizza or pie instead of settling for ketchup on a crust.
:umad:

GoAggieGo.

getting blitzed.
Daps
Reppin
ATL via Tre 4
So how many of y’all fukk with “Chittlins” or for all white people CHITTERLINGS?:ohhh:

We got restaurants in small towns that serve that on the menu?:wow:
When my pop or uncle come in with that white bucket, that’s when I know it’s on.

Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years. That’s when the fam gets blessed with chitlins. I’ll usually fix me a bowl mixed with some greens. My girl can’t stand them, but my little girl seems to like them. I had to give a little :obama:when she came up to me asking for some

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
Yea that might be it. I need to start eating Italian food that’s not Americanized.
It’s wayyyyy different. If you go to a real Italian place, you notice the difference immediately. They don’t have to use all those chemicals, additives and flavor enhancers to make the food taste good.

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.
It’s wayyyyy different. If you go to a real Italian place, you notice the difference immediately. They don’t have to use all those chemicals, additives and flavor enhancers to make the food taste good.

I’ve been to Eataly before on 23rd street. It’s a huge grocery store with everything is real Italian.

Had some good lunch there.

invalid

Banned
Daps
Unless you've had someone make you jerk using actual Jamaican pimento bark/allspice and green sweetwood, and better yet done over a hole dug in the ground...it's not the same.

All that other "overrated" stuff is subjective.

Well shyt, I’ve never had it cooked like that. :whoo:

Guess I got to walk back that comment till I’ve tried hole in the ground jerk.