What's up with Dominicans who think they are white and not black?

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
also, there was a post about michelle rodriguez being upset because she was ony 4% taino, yet she was 71% white and 25% black. why is she obligated to identify as just black when she is 71% white? she identifies as a latin woman with dominican and puerto rican parents.

JAY?

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Queens
I always see it well represented in dr
Especially seeing the carnivals and Los diablos in the malecon

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
Yeah, I don't know if you know this....

But Dominicans are a mix of English, Spanish, French, Italian, Native Indians (Arawaks, Tainos..), Eastern Indians and Africans.
And in the 1930s, some Jews went there as well.

They are not just Africans like your typical Coli jagaloon dipsh*t likes to claim.
So people from the DR can identify with a variety of races and cultures.

Deal with it.

326152.png

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
I always see it well represented in dr
Especially seeing the carnivals and Los diablos in the malecon

exactly..the diablos cojuelos are perfect example. our drum heavy music, our food, even the spanish we speak! most dominicans speak a version of spanish that is africanized.

for example; que lo que, dimelo, tato, etc etc etc. all those words that u hear dominican kids speak are not proper spain spanish, its our own africanized and taino influenced version of the language.

JAY?

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Queens
exactly..the diablos cojuelos are perfect example. our drum heavy music, our food, even the spanish we speak! most dominicans speak a version of spanish that is africanized.

for example; que lo que, dimelo, tato, etc etc etc. all those words that u hear dominican kids speak are not proper spain spanish, its our own africanized and taino influenced version of the language.

I always thought we spoke Spanish the same way Jamaicans speak english

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
I always thought we spoke Spanish the same way Jamaicans speak english

yea i always said that too...all other latins make fun of the fast way we speak it and the words we throw in there lol i always said we are the jamaicans of the spanish language

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Bushed
Daps
also, there was a post about michelle rodriguez being upset because she was ony 4% taino, yet she was 71% white and 25% black. why is she obligated to identify as just black when she is 71% white? she identifies as a latin woman with dominican and puerto rican parents.
Breh find ONE post of mine, just one where I said she should identify as black. Or any post of mine where I said mixed race Dominicans should identify as black. Don't confuse me with these other people.

I don't consider mixed race people black. Period.

Spartacus89

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
Southside Chicago
sI mentioned in a separate thread that Afro Dominicans associate being black with being Haitian. And then some of them come to the US and don't know how to act around non-Haitian blacks and get confused. It's not so much as a Dominican VS Afro-American issue, It all starts from them not wanting to be confused with Haitians. Also, another racial issue that people ignore is that some people in the DR in addition to not claiming to be black, lie about being Taino Indian to explain being dark, which is not that different from AA's in the US claiming Indigenous Indian to explain being light skinned. Both AAs and Afro Dominicans need to keep it 100% if you are not indigenous then don't say it. Truth is, most Afro-Americans and Afro-Dominicans are predominately African-European mulatto mixes, Only a small percentage of blacks in the US and DR are African-European-Indigenous mixes. That triple mix is not as big as people claim, which is why when you ask someone to name a tribe they cannot. DRs can get away with it easier because they only had a FEW indigenous tribes there. Both blacks in America and the DR need to come clean with this. In addition to not claiming black, people need to stop using Indigenous Indians to hide black-white mulatto blood.

A lot of black people who are light skinned in the US are a straight up mix of African and European. Different indigenous tribes come in different colors, some tribes are light and others are dark BUT THEY WERE ALL DISTINGUISHABLE from white people. There are some indigenous tribes who are/were already dark and when mixed with a dark skinned African DO NOT produce some of the light skinned African American peoples claiming Indigenous. You have tribes like Cree Indian who look super light, and other tribes like Arawak that look super dark. It bothers me a lot to see Afro-Dominicans claiming Indigenous when they are regular mulattos because my father’s side is a strong recent mix of African and Lakota Indian ancestry, and some of my relatives especially the women have tribalistic indigenous features with semi Asian-like slanted eyes, strong cheek bones, prominent noses, and reddish skin. There is a difference between the look of a mulatto African-European person and an African-European-Indian triple mix person so I can sometimes tell the difference but many people who are Afro-European claim Afro-European-Indian but truly are not. I look at my family and look at many Dominicans and I do not see their indigenous tribal features. SOME do, and not everybody in the DR is lying, but a large percentage of people I've seen from DR and PR just like regular black-white mulatto to me.

Last edited:

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
Breh find ONE post of mine, just one where I said she should identify as black. Or any post of mine where I said mixed race Dominicans should identify as black. Don't confuse me with these other people.

I don't consider mixed race people black. Period.

i was using your post of michelle rodriguez(if that was urs) as an example of how stupid it is to be angry at us for not identifying as black.

sI mentioned in a separate thread that Afro Dominicans associate being black with being Haitian. And then some of them come to the US and don't know how to act around non-Haitian blacks and get confused. It's not so much as a Dominican VS Afro-American issue, It all starts from them not wanting to be confused with Haitians. Also, another racial issue that people ignore is that some people in the DR in addition to not claiming to be black, lie about being Taino Indian to explain being dark, which is not that different from AA's in the US claiming Indigenous Indian to explain being light skinned. Both AAs and Afro Dominicans need to keep it 100% if you are not indigenous then don't say it. Truth is, most Afro-Americans and Afro-Dominicans are predominately African-European mulatto mixes, Only a small percentage of blacks in the US and DR are African-European-Indigenous mixes. That triple mix is not as big as people claim, which is why when you ask someone to name a tribe they cannot. DRs can get away with it easier because they only had a FEW indigenous tribes there. Both blacks in America and the DR need to come clean with this. In addition to not claiming black, people need to stop using Indigenous Indians to hide black-white mulatto blood.

A lot of black people who are light skinned in the US are a straight up mix of African and European. Different indigenous tribes come in different colors, some tribes are light and others are dark BUT THEY WERE ALL DISTINGUISHABLE from white people. There are some indigenous tribes who are/were already dark and when mixed with a dark skinned African DO NOT produce some of the light skinned African American peoples claiming Indigenous. You have tribes like Cree Indian who look super light, and other tribes like Arawak that look super dark. It bothers me a lot to see Afro-Dominicans claiming Indigenous when they are regular mulattos because my father’s side is a strong recent mix of African and Lakota Indian ancestry, and some of my relatives especially the women have tribalistic indigenous features with semi Asian-like slanted eyes, strong cheek bones, prominent noses, and reddish skin. There is a difference between the look of a mulatto African-European person and an African-European-Indian triple mix person so I can sometimes tell the difference but many people who are Afro-European claim Afro-European-Indian but truly are not. I look at my family and look at many Dominicans and I do not see their indigenous tribal features. SOME do, and not everybody in the DR is lying, but a large percentage of people I've seen from DR and PR just like regular black-white mulatto to me.

that whole claiming to be indigenous thing comes from our racist former dictator trujillo. he wanted to seperate dominicans from haiti as much as he could and wanted to show us to the world as a white nation because of how racist the world was in general at that time. dark skinned people's IDs from that time all said "indio oscuro" (dark indian) and people started to claim it so, like u pointed out, they wouldnt be confused for haitians. we do have a racist history like every other country but nowadays the majority of dominicans with at least a high school education will tell you we have african roots, as well as european. some choose to claim being purely afro-dominican and even less claim to be euro-dominican but the vast majority will just say dominican because when it comes to race, almost 75% of the country is just a huge mix.

i always bring up my personal history because it illustrates it well. I am a white dominican. i ALWAYSSSS get a look of shock when i tell people that i am dominican. the closest anybody guesses is puerto rican. one girl at work last week told me she thought i was greek! true story! my BROTHER looks ALOT like me but he has the more wide nose and is a darker complexion, yet he has the straight wavy hair and i had the nappy dry hair. our father is straight mulatto and our mother is mad white, but my mother's father is a BLACK man. my father's father looks like he is straight from SPAIN. we are just so mixed that instead of identifying with any one race, we just call ourselves dominicans. race? mixed. :manny: i really dont understand why we are so attacked on this board. motherfukkers CANT be this stupid(not you im just speaking in general about the people attacking us).

anybody with HALF a brain will tell u that we have african ancestry and that it is HEAVY in our bloodline, culture and everything else. yet these dudes have 1 or 2 interactions with, obviously, teenagers who are just trying to distance themselves from african americans like our grandparents did with the haitians, and they want to generalize the ENTIRE group of people as a self hating people with identity issues.

like i said before, if ya REALLY wanna play the generalization game, we can do that. i grew up in harlem. i have COUNTLESS interactions with ignorant blacks that would make u all cringe, but i dont generalize or hate on ya. in fact i have always been on ya side and some of my closest friends have been black. i have met black people that are more intelligent than any other group ive known.

im just wasting my time tho :snoop:

im sure another thread will be popping up attacking us in the next week or 2.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
:ohhh:
Yeah iono they probably would :russ: I mean not the ones who are stuck up cuz they know what's up already. But I bet the ones downplaying/rejecting and all that would run back like prostitutes fiending for dikk to claim it back :pacspit:

Everyone would, but african decent is flimsy for anyone in a part of this world. Remember people that looked like African Americans, Dominicans and Ricans and Brazillians didn't even exist until the last 400 years or so. :manny: Dominicans wanna be white let them, i don't know why anyone would choose the swagless side over genetic realness and dominant traits.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Everyone would, but african decent is flimsy for anyone in a part of this world. Remember people that looked like African Americans, Dominicans and Ricans and Brazillians didn't even exist until the last 400 years or so. :manny: Dominicans wanna be white let them, i don't know why anyone would choose the swagless side over genetic realness and dominant traits.

Like I said in this thread, if black folks who descended from African slaves started getting reparations, you gonna see the same self-hating ones suddenly rep the black side.

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
Like I said in this thread, if black folks who descended from African slaves started getting reparations, you gonna see the same self-hating ones suddenly rep the black side.

shut your ignorant ass up. your the number 1 dumbass in here. reparations? shut your spike lee wannabe ass up :rudy: you know that shyt aint happening. dominicans and other immigrants arent waiting for no reparations. welfare is as far as that goes. thats a dumbass statement cause why in the hell would descendants of slaves from another country get reparations from the american government?

fool :russ:

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
shut your ignorant ass up. your the number 1 dumbass in here. reparations? shut your spike lee wannabe ass up :rudy: you know that shyt aint happening. dominicans and other immigrants arent waiting for no reparations. welfare is as far as that goes. thats a dumbass statement cause why in the hell would descendants of slaves from another country get reparations from the american government?

fool :russ:

I said IF there was a scenario where the IMF and the United Nations distributed reparations to all the descendants African slaves, the Dominicans would switch up.