What's up with Dominicans who think they are white and not black?

How Sway?

Great Value Man
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@Poitier @Elle Driver

truth is blacks in the islands and Latin America still were able to hold on to their African customs while Africans that came to the USA were damn near stripped of it (by no fault of their own) is just the way it is brehs.:manny:

To be honest I could care less if they want to claim their blackness or not ....

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
I don't buy that. Like I said, you can go across cultures in 3rd world countries and find similarities, doesn't have anything to do with knowledge of self. African American culture is just the evolution of African culture in a 1st world country of the 21st century.

@Poitier @Elle Driver

truth is blacks in the islands and Latin America still were able to hold on to their African customs while Africans that came to the USA were damn near stripped of it (by no fault of their own) is just the way it is brehs.:manny:

To be honest I could care less if they want to claim their blackness or not ....

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Bushed
Daps
I don't buy that. Like I said, you can go across cultures in 3rd world countries and find similarities, doesn't have anything to do with knowledge of self. African American culture is just the evolution of African culture in a 1st world country of the 21st century.
:dead:

Yeah okay, buddy.

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
:dead:

Yeah okay, buddy.

Don't get mad because your flimsy argument isn't holding up. Let's see how fast those African drums and traditional garb would hold up if H+M and fruity loops was readily available to everyone in Africa and the Caribbean. You're comparing a poverty stricken, stagnant economy to the most advanced the world has seen, and yet the African culture for American Blacks is still potent despite all the advancements and modernizations

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
@Poitier @Elle Driver

:rudy: This some ancient shyt you know the dominicans of today on that open shirt salsa tomato gwala gwala shyt. :troll:

Jesus

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NZ
question is, why would you want them to claim black? They've accomplished very little to nothing, they and their little shythole country are pretty much useless.

:banderas:

I claim myself as a proud black man...if they want to deny it, fukk em.:camby:

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Bushed
Daps
Don't get mad because your flimsy argument isn't holding up. Let's see how fast those African drums and traditional garb would hold up if H+M and fruity loops was readily available to everyone in Africa and the Caribbean. You're comparing a poverty stricken, stagnant economy to the most advanced the world has seen, and yet the African culture for American Blacks is still potent despite all the advancements and modernizations
The problem with your argument is not every country in the Caribbean is poor. Even in the countries in the Caribbean where the per capita is 50k they still manage uphold their African culture. Its ingrained in the people. Its their way of life. You hear it when they speak, the food they eat, the music they listen to, the instruments they play, the words they say, the way they dance etc. etc.

You clearly don't know what the fukk you're talking about. Go to any country in the Caribbean and you'll see how ignorant you sound.

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
The problem with your argument is not every country in the Caribbean is poor.

They might not be extremely poor (which is a fairly recent development) but they are closer to a third world country than they are to the most advanced civilization on the planet for the past century:comeon:

Beerus

Banned
Daps
Reppin
PC BRO #LWO
This here is basically a video which is satire of the african-american community enthusiastic about accepting just about anyone as a black man. Chances are, nikkas would accept A-Rod with open arms.

He's a nikka that can swim :manny:
Look at how quick they turned on him, he got that nikka wake up call.
Don' think that cyclist armstrong got it that bad as Arod!

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
:snoop:

I tap y'all. That's it. I'm done.

Bunch of ignorant racist dumassess...

:snoop:

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
I agree but I don't think the rest of the world "hates us." Most countries not America generally treats a Black American better. People want to be associated with success not poverty, color not really being the key reason people avoid being dark skinned but rather the association with poverty.
Definitley agree with this. It always feels like being black is like being that unpopular kid in HS to outsiders and evens one blacks at time. That's why some of us speak "proper English" and bs like that.

Beerus

Banned
Daps
Reppin
PC BRO #LWO
Arod can't accept his ancestry it was never offered to him he had it as soon as he was born
he's a nikka.
he black.
don't be mad damn dominicans YALL nikkaS!
:shaq:Nothing yall can do about it.
I mean don't be mad u can say nikka in public and nothing gon happen.:manny:

Beerus

Banned
Daps
Reppin
PC BRO #LWO
What would happen if, and a big IF, the IMF and the United Nations started giving out reparations to African slave descendants, would Dominicans suddenly accepting their black heritage? :mjpls:
:ohhh:
Yeah iono they probably would :russ: I mean not the ones who are stuck up cuz they know what's up already. But I bet the ones downplaying/rejecting and all that would run back like prostitutes fiending for dikk to claim it back :pacspit: