What's up with Dominicans who think they are white and not black?

Daps
Reppin
#LWO
Where are all these Dominicans you are running into who deny that Africans are a part of Dominican History?

Where? Because I'm Dominican. I've been around Dominicans my whole life. And I've actually been all over the goddamn country. Not your typical island resorts.
So where are all these African-denying Dominicans you Coli dipsh*ts are meeting?
Because I've never met one, ever.
You keep downplaying it like it's not a cultural problem for a significant amount of Dominicans to deny their African heritage. I've seen your posts and their very suspect on this topic. I've met and spoke with Dominicans who claim to be Spaniards and deny any African heritage whatsoever.

Tommy Knocks

retired
Daps
Reppin
iPaag
I often get called out by my Caribbean folks for not claiming the culture. I don't give a shyt about it because I'm just a black man in America. Let's be honest, most of the world looks down on black people. I can't be mad at my Dominican bres for not claiming black. It's up to us to make it cool and respectable to be black. Until then, they want nothing to do with us and I don't blame them. :ehh:
most of the world looks down on most of the world, wtf are you talking about. Black people just have low self esteems because of how they got owned (no pun) in recent history. :childplease:

Aint no domicans or anyone on this planet gonna look down on me, Ill clown that ass.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You keep downplaying it like it's not a cultural problem for a significant amount of Dominicans to deny their African heritage. I've seen your posts and their very suspect on this topic. I've met and spoke with Dominicans who claim to be Spaniards and deny any African heritage whatsoever.
You're a black man (presumably) talking about Dominicans who claim to be Spaniards.
I'm a Dominican who grew up around Dominicans and who has actually traveled the country and I can tell you in my experience that Dominicans have no issue admitting African ancestry.

If you think you're a better authority to speak on the subject, so be it.

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Bushed
Daps
You're a black man (presumably) talking about Dominicans who claim to be Spaniards.
I'm a Dominican who grew up around Dominicans and who has actually traveled the country and I can tell you in my experience that Dominicans have no issue admitting African ancestry.

From my experience with Dominicans. They either down play it or deny it. Its very rare to see a Dominican embrace their African ancestry.

LA Fisher

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Outside @lovelydays window
most of the world looks down on most of the world, wtf are you talking about. Black people just have low self esteems because of how they got owned (no pun) in recent history. :childplease:

Aint no domicans or anyone on this planet gonna look down on me, Ill clown that ass.
I'd look down on any group who kept trying to claim people who wanted nothing to do with them. Why can't black americans just get over the fact that some black people come from different backgrounds. Mixed people always have to walk on egg shells around black folks but why? I've seen mixed folk get flamed because they're proud of their non black side. It's funny that one lil island can cause so many of you to be this upset:lolbron:

Tommy Knocks

retired
Daps
Reppin
iPaag
I'd look down on any group who kept trying to claim people who wanted nothing to do with them. Why can't black americans just get over the fact that some black people come from different backgrounds. Mixed people always have to walk on egg shells around black folks but why? I've seen mixed folk get flamed because they're proud of their non black side. It's funny that one lil island can cause so many of you to be this upset:lolbron:
I agree. It's because black people have no pride and seek acceptance and want alliances, because they don't believe in themselves. Inferiority complex.

I don't even think about Dominicans, tf I give a fukk about them, they remind me of mexicans with curly hair. They aint on my team.

Daps
Reppin
#LWO

refute this then. There are Dominicans historians and scholars in this documentary that talk about this problem. :smh: at a Dominican person thinking that Spain is the "motherland" and :scusthov: at having statues of Christopher Columbus when a lot of the population is "taino" as discussed in this thread. You have to be in denial to think a significant amount of people aren't confused.

LA Fisher

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Outside @lovelydays window
I agree. It's because black people have no pride and seek acceptance and want alliances, because they don't believe in themselves. Inferiority complex.

I don't even think about Dominicans, tf I give a fukk about them, they remind me of mexicans with curly hair. They aint on my team.

You actually understand it :ehh:
For some reason I see black folks do this with dominicans, mixed folk and mexicans. It's like we beg them to be our friends and on our side. There are enough black people already and we need to start loving and supporting the ones that are down.

Tommy Knocks

retired
Daps
Reppin
iPaag
You actually understand it :ehh:
For some reason I see black folks do this with dominicans, mixed folk and mexicans. It's like we beg them to be our friends and on our side. There are enough black people already and we need to start loving and supporting the ones that are down.
Im pretty sure black folks aren't begging mexicans for friendships, that boat sailed a long time ago. :heh:

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

refute this then. There are Dominicans historians and scholars in this documentary that talk about this problem. :smh: at a Dominican person thinking that Spain is the "motherland" and :scusthov: at having statues of Christopher Columbus when a lot of the population is "taino" as discussed in this thread. You have to be in denial to think a significant amount of people aren't confused.
I don't have to refute shyt.
What are you asking me to refute? That some dominicans don't like Haitians?
Yes. Some people treat haitians like shyt. Especially in towns across the border.

Dajabon is a shytty example because it's such an important trading hub near the border and by and large, people there get along rather well.

You people constantly ignore the fact that every dominican acknowledges an acrimonious history between the two countries.
But that has nothing to do with anyone denying their genetic history.

It's downright fukking staggering that in a country where whites constitute less than 20% of the population, people think there's a lack of acknowledgement of african history.
If anything, people of the islands hold on to more of their african history than black americans do.