What’s up with all these Chinese Owned Seafood spots poppin up?

chiefdogg

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That's who all own the majority of the crab/seafood markets in the 757 and it's been like that every since I was a youngin. I grew up going fishing with my pops and my grandad and them Filipinos be deep on the piers.

chiefdogg

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I haven’t tried Juicy Crab yet. Be tryna take my ole lady, but them wait times are too much.

Went to spondivits for some seafood, and that place overpriced for no reason. $18 for 5 Cajun styled scrimps. Place wasn’t even all that
The one on Pleasenthill be having over an hour wait on the weekends.

chineebai

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Asians are all about the bottom line....especially Chinese. Koreans and Japanese MIGHT give you quality but the Chinese always take shortcuts.

That's fine for bootleg t-shirts but not for food.

This is why we drive Hyundais and Toyotas. Ain't nobody heard of a Chinese auto maker.
As someone who grew up in the restaurant industry, specifically Chinese, 99% of food was homemade, from the sauce to the dumpling skins. As a matter of fact, we used premium cuts like chicken breast and flank steak. The real shortcuts are American places where things are mass produced and frozen.

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange
Haha we've had a chinese owned seafood joint in Newark for years, it's kind of an institution.

I go to Don's Diner in Irvington at least once a month. The place be packed on the weekends with their soul food buffet. Owned by Asians. Nothing new. They will cook whatever to make a buck.

IVS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
In the sky
Asian have mastered the fake seafood game. Nigros been eating fake crab meat for years..They got all that shyt for vegans..

fukk around and be eating fried soy and artichoke fish sandwhich

...:mjlol:
With plastic all in your shyt. That's prolly how big mama n'em getting all this breast cancer.

Copy Ninja

Superstar
Daps
It's good business. They hire family to work in these businesses so employees are invested in the company to succeed. Plus it's cheap labor to hire family. It's a great hustle.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
There’s one off of Old National, here in Atlanta, that’s connected to a gas station and it was decent. Went yesterday.

Got the 10 piece shrimp and catfish

Name bruh?

When I'm in the mood I hit up Yashin's on Old National, but I like Supreme Delight off Camp Creek more. Back when I was at Tech, one of my boys from Ben Hill who went to Doug took me out to this spot called Rahim's seafood back in the late 90s. It was located at MLK and Peyton. shyt was FIRE. I think buddy who owned it ended up moving years later, but I see that he's off Campbelton outside the perimeter now. That nikka had the GOAT fish batter/seasoning. :banderas:

But yeah, they opened a Juicy Crab in Fayetteville. Me and the old lady gotta check it out. Being from a coastal city (Charleston SC), I know frozen seafood and frozen crab legs is :birdman:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Her fish so good you can bring her your own fish and she'll fry it for you.

full

UserNameless

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere...You never there.
The Asian lady in Raleigh off New Hope Rd fries the best fish EVER!!!!!!!!! But the sides she servers are trash. Her fish so good you can bring her your own fish and she'll fry it for you.
What’s the name?
Last time I was in Raleigh I tried
oc-300x282.jpg

Food was good, cheap, and run by black folks. Morgan Street Food Hall is dope
Fux with the food hall heavy when I touch DT Raleigh
They ABSOLUTELY DOMINATE the Wing game in Atlanta..it’s a damn shame ..literally 20 on certain main streets about 4 miles apart :snoop:

Man... it’s some Asians nearby that got the 20 piece lemon peppers and a ton of other flavors for like 12-13 dollars ... big shyts too. It’s over :wow:

cjlaw93

(Black) American
Daps
Name bruh?

When I'm in the mood I hit up Yashin's on Old National, but I like Supreme Delight off Camp Creek more. Back when I was at Tech, one of my boys from Ben Hill who went to Doug took me out to this spot called Rahim's seafood back in the late 90s. It was located at MLK and Peyton. shyt was FIRE. I think buddy who owned it ended up moving years later, but I see that he's off Campbelton outside the perimeter now. That nikka had the GOAT fish batter/seasoning. :banderas:

But yeah, they opened a Juicy Crab in Fayetteville. Me and the old lady gotta check it out. Being from a coastal city (Charleston SC), I know frozen seafood and frozen crab legs is :birdman:
Ain’t Rahims in Ben Hill now way down Campbellton