What’s up with all these Chinese Owned Seafood spots poppin up?

USMaroon

Pro
Daps
Word for real, two of the local Chinese food take-outs (can't call them restaurants) closed up shops and reopened as seafood spots. Can't bring myself to try one.

⠀X ⠀

Geoff
Daps
There’s a few of big seafood places that recently opened up on Long Island. One of them, they had a Black guy running it, but it was Asian owned. They claimed he was a part owner...

I just did a quick search on the other, to see if it was Asian owned, and sure enough it is.

JayStarwind

Superstar
Daps
Idk if it's just down here but a bunch of the Chinese spots started to sell seafood boils around the same time a couple years back.

Doctor Wily

CapcomSwag
Daps
Boil your own seafood brehs

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Cuisina...od-Steamer-and-Rice-Cooker-STM-1000/300864200

stm1000_new.jpg

Last edited:

Sankofa Alwayz

#FBADOS #B1 #D(M)V #KnowThyself #WaveGod
Daps
Reppin
Pretty Girl County, MD
It’s quite a few out here in PG County as well. One popular spot in my old area (Clinton) is Seaside over on Piscataway Rd. A couple of Asians own and run it but I can’t front, their fried shrimp and fries do be hittin.

Matter of fact, damn near all of the Chinese carryouts sell fried seafood as well…Most especially fried fish and fried crab sticks.

Thankfully we still got plenty of Black-owned seafood spots out here tho.

Aprogressivone

Developers are the new Rockstars
Daps
Reppin
Prince George's, Maryland
It’s quite a few out here in PG County as well. One popular spot in my old area (Clinton) is Seaside over on Piscataway Rd. A couple of Asians own and run it but I can’t front, their fried shrimp and fries do be hittin.

Matter of fact, damn near all of the Chinese carryouts sell fried seafood as well…Most especially fried fish and fried crab sticks.

Thankfully we still got plenty of Black-owned seafood spots out here tho.

Yup. Crafty Crab, multiple Hook N Reel locations, Beclaws.
. We got a ton of boil in a bag spots out here. They all asian owned. So is Hot n Juicy Crawfish in DC.

3 Reasons Asian Cajun Seafood Boil Restaurant Concepts are Growing in Popularity - Angry Crab Franchise Opportunity

Last edited:

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.
Asians been owned the seafood market in New Orleans. Well over 40 years probably

and they got it from the local sellers, unless it’s out of season and then they get it frozen from China

they have been working with these same vendso soon long and I’m sure they buy in crazy bulk they they get a good price.

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.
Idk if it's just down here but a bunch of the Chinese spots started to sell seafood boils around the same time a couple years back.

They know what ni66as like, and they jump all over it.

:francis:
honestly it’s probably the ones from New Orleans branching out. They been running the New Orleans market for decades. Recently some more kinds commercial sea food spots(firey crab)have started opening up around the city and the locals fukk it heavy and tourist like it more also, cause it’s a full package that comes in a bag compared to ordering by the pound.

so they probably trying to expand out

Last edited:

Taco

All Star
Daps
honestly it’s probably the ones from New Orleans branching out. They been running the New Orleans market for decades. Recently some more kinds commercial sea food spots(firey crab have started opening up around the city and the locals fukk it heavy and tourist like it more also cause it’s a full package that comes in a bag compared to ordering the pound.

so they probably trying to expand out
Yup. We got a bunch in CA. I’ve heard the stories of the Viets in NO kind of making their own style of boil and it being more popular than the original. Idk how true that is, but I take it we in CA get the Asian version. One of my boys went out to NO and said both styles are bussin. Probably has a lot to do with the quality of the shellfish. I need to go out there tho. I’ve only heard great things.

Hungerpain

Banned
Daps
Went to one by mistake.
shyt was trash.
Never again.
Chinese will shamelessly hustle anything any and everywhere.