Whats the Story Between Mobb Deep and South Central Cartel?

Daps

pretty much lies his face off on that fgt peter roenbergs show.... wen they were the poetical prophets mobb deep was featured in unsigned hype... dude said that havicc, havoc, and prodigy from scc straight up jacked their names straight from the source lol... that was 1991... scc has been on wax since the late 80's... lol at prodigy tryin to act all tough about it too in the interview. when the two groups finally met up around 1992, scc laughed them out of the room when prodigy of mobb deep tried puffing his chest out and confronting them... they were 17 years old stepping to grown men... idk if mobb deep took scc's names , but their track record of jacking names from the west coast is kinda obvious, amerikkkaz nightmare anyone?? lol...

Taadow

The StarchBishop™️
Daps
Reppin
Crispness
I like how dudes in here are actin' like SCC was "underground" when:

- they had gold albums before most of the world heard of Mobb Deep
- they were doing records with Treach, Pac, & Spice 1
- they gave the world Boss & L.V.
- they were one of the first rap acts with a label deal...with Def Jam, no less
- they were shouted out on "This Is How We Do It"

if you didn't know who South Central Cartel was in '91-'92, you didn't listen to rap.

observe

Banned
Daps
Reppin
The Forest Where Hope Died

pretty much lies his face off on that fgt peter roenbergs show.... wen they were the poetical prophets mobb deep was featured in unsigned hype... dude said that havicc, havoc, and prodigy from scc straight up jacked their names straight from the source lol... that was 1991... scc has been on wax since the late 80's... lol at prodigy tryin to act all tough about it too in the interview. when the two groups finally met up around 1992, scc laughed them out of the room when prodigy of mobb deep tried puffing his chest out and confronting them... they were 17 years old stepping to grown men... idk if mobb deep took scc's names , but their track record of jacking names from the west coast is kinda obvious, amerikkkaz nightmare anyone?? lol...

lol..true..straight bit spice 1

DaHNIC82

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Off The Cuff Radio/ScrewballRadio/BudeBoyEnt

if you didn't know who South Central Cartel was in '91-'92, you didn't listen to rap.

I know them SCC nikkas personally. This nikka Prodigy(From mobb Deep) had the name Lord T rapping on Boyz in the Hood with Hi 5 trying to get known while SCC was putting out albums.

Juggalo Fred

Juggalo and horrorcore enthusiast
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Juggalo island
I know them SCC nikkas personally. This nikka Prodigy(From mobb Deep) had the name Lord T rapping on Boyz in the Hood with Hi 5 trying to get known while SCC was putting out albums.

Yep.

SCC been around forever. One of my favorite producers, Assassin, has done a lot of work with them.

R-Typ3

All Star
Daps
SCC stayed connected on several places so Mobb was takin a chance tryin to roll up on them nikkas...Reminds me of when Richard Pryor in Live On Sunset Strip talks about tryin to strong arm a Mafia club to.get his show money with a cap gun and them mobsters start laughin at him :noah: lol

THE K-MAN

DA ROC BOYS
Daps
Reppin
Screwston (Houston),Texas..KCFWH!

Didn't know SCC was selling records like that :leon:

DANJ!

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore

None of this happened in '91-'92, so what u sayin'...

They def. weren't one of the first rap acts with a label deal, where'd you get that from :mjlol:

They never had a gold album...

SCC was very much an underground-level group.... there were areas they had fanbases in, but they never broke nationwide.

Taadow

The StarchBishop™️
Daps
Reppin
Crispness
None of this happened in '91-'92, so what u sayin'...

They def. weren't one of the first rap acts with a label deal, where'd you get that from :mjlol:

They never had a gold album...

SCC was very much an underground-level group.... there were areas they had fanbases in, but they never broke nationwide.

Did you know who South Central Cartel was in 1992?