Whats the Story Between Mobb Deep and South Central Cartel?

DANJ!

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Coincidence... SCC came out before Mobb, but as early as mid'-91 when they were featured in Unsigned Hype, their names were Havoc and Prodigy.

The only way it could a bite by either one or the other is if they happened to cross paths before getting signed... but then again, what are the chances two groups would meet and one would decide to take two of the members' names and use them for their own. :heh: Nobody in '91, neither Mobb or SCC had anything to gain by stealing a name. And like homie said earlier in the thread, there's two Havocs (Havoc/Havikk) in SCC alone, haha

ucanthandlethetruth

Failure is not a option
Daps
Reppin
Planet of Hip Hop
they bit...i rep east oakland and been in this industry. too much to tell.
Daps for repping east Oakland..I know the deal too,,we just shouldn't talk about it on here..keep it town biz

so yall nikkas really gonna act like this is some classified fbi file though:heh:
Look at these little oakland nikkaz tryina pop shyt talkin bout everybody bitin them

Its become hilarious like some inside joke now

:pachaha:

It gotta be hard that everybody makes money with their ideas but them

out of all the weirdo shyt on here this has become hands down the most:flabbynsick: thing i have ever seen:pachaha:

The Ruler 09

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Some of you say the most stupid shyt lmao. Saying everyone is BITIN N.Y cause they rap is like saying everyone is biting Jordan cause they play basketball, or M.J cause they sing, even if they sing differently. Just cause you rap don't mean your biting, biting is when you try be or act or steal something else. So to say Mobb couldn't of stole the name cause Hip Hop in written history has it's start in N.Y is ridiculous lol. However I don't know what happened, whether it was coincidence or someone biting.

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
Havoc and Prodigy are two of the most generic names you could come up with.