Whats the Story Between Mobb Deep and South Central Cartel?

Flav

Where the dice game at?
Daps
i read a interview a wile back on this same name case.P from SCC said Mobb Deep stepped to them on some gangsta shyt ready to fight.SCC gave them props to even stepping to them cause Mobb Deep look like a bunch if kids at that time and still stepped to them ready to bring it.

:pachaha:

7 years later I finally found that interview...

interview with Prodeje about Mobb deep 2002

Here's an interview done with Prodeje from 2002 where he discusses the Mobb Deep name situations.

D: I was going to ask you about that. How is that, that you have Havoc and Prodeje in South Central Cartel, than there's Mobb Deep with Havoc and Prodigy. Does that cause a lot of problems?

Prodeje: It caused problems when it first cracked. We had a record out already, doin' the damn thang. You know what I'm sayin', these little youngsters man, I don't know how the hell that happened, man, personally. They think we stole their name, we think they stole our name, all I can say is we were here first, way before.

D: So, is there any beef between y'all?

Prodeje: There was beef, but they was too young for us to even really have beef with 'em. Besides, we was grown, they was kids. They confonted us, but they was little young kids. Ya know what I'm sayin'?

D: I know, 2Pac said that, too.

Prodeje: We couldn't do nothing to them, I mean really, I mean we sqashed it. You know, a couple of East Coast, they came up to us, you know, it was like 12 little midgets. 12 midgets runnin' up on us, and we all thugged out up in here. Like 9 of us, lookin' at these little bitty cats. I mean little bitty, little bitty at the time, they all growed up now, we talking about when they was, they had to be no more than like 16 years old.

D: 16, and they was trying to run up?

Prodeje: Tryin' to run? Oh yeah!, if they had a little bit of heart, they'd 'a' got hurt. But Gang Starr came in between it, he was like, y'all need to chill. At the time, SCC was hot, they wasn't even hot yet. And when the SCC, when we started goin' through all the politics with Def Jam, then these cats blew up, so they been doin' it for the past few years, while we just startin' to get back in the game. You know, really, I got no problems, because really I feel over the last couple of years they had a lot of opportunity to say a lot of stuff. They ain't said nothin', so I aint' gonna say nothin' either.

D: Yeah, no need to blow it out of proportion.

Prodeje: Yeah, exactly. It ain't nothin'. They East Coast, we West Coast. The East Coast got they Havoc and Prodigy, the West Coast got they Havoc & Prodeje.

D: Sounds fair.

Prodeje: We gonna keep it movin' like that.

It's_Nade

Pro
Daps
7 years later I finally found that interview...

interview with Prodeje about Mobb deep 2002

Here's an interview done with Prodeje from 2002 where he discusses the Mobb Deep name situations.

D: I was going to ask you about that. How is that, that you have Havoc and Prodeje in South Central Cartel, than there's Mobb Deep with Havoc and Prodigy. Does that cause a lot of problems?

Prodeje: It caused problems when it first cracked. We had a record out already, doin' the damn thang. You know what I'm sayin', these little youngsters man, I don't know how the hell that happened, man, personally. They think we stole their name, we think they stole our name, all I can say is we were here first, way before.

D: So, is there any beef between y'all?

Prodeje: There was beef, but they was too young for us to even really have beef with 'em. Besides, we was grown, they was kids. They confonted us, but they was little young kids. Ya know what I'm sayin'?

D: I know, 2Pac said that, too.

Prodeje: We couldn't do nothing to them, I mean really, I mean we sqashed it. You know, a couple of East Coast, they came up to us, you know, it was like 12 little midgets. 12 midgets runnin' up on us, and we all thugged out up in here. Like 9 of us, lookin' at these little bitty cats. I mean little bitty, little bitty at the time, they all growed up now, we talking about when they was, they had to be no more than like 16 years old.

D: 16, and they was trying to run up?

Prodeje: Tryin' to run? Oh yeah!, if they had a little bit of heart, they'd 'a' got hurt. But Gang Starr came in between it, he was like, y'all need to chill. At the time, SCC was hot, they wasn't even hot yet. And when the SCC, when we started goin' through all the politics with Def Jam, then these cats blew up, so they been doin' it for the past few years, while we just startin' to get back in the game. You know, really, I got no problems, because really I feel over the last couple of years they had a lot of opportunity to say a lot of stuff. They ain't said nothin', so I aint' gonna say nothin' either.

D: Yeah, no need to blow it out of proportion.

Prodeje: Yeah, exactly. It ain't nothin'. They East Coast, we West Coast. The East Coast got they Havoc and Prodigy, the West Coast got they Havoc & Prodeje.

D: Sounds fair.

Prodeje: We gonna keep it movin' like that.
:bryan:

Magnum P.I.M.P.

Tumultuous Splendor
Daps
Reppin
Orca's c*nt
As crazy as it sounds, I honestly think this was a coincidence. After all these years, there's no definitive proof that either of them bit the names
There isn’t and there never will be. I have friends that have kids named Cruz, Cash, and Cane. One had a fourth named Clay. They’ve never met each other. Things happen and there’s not always a reason. Fact.

DANJ!

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
As crazy as it sounds, I honestly think this was a coincidence. After all these years, there's no definitive proof that either of them bit the names

True... shyt, this aint even the only case in rap where people had same/identical names... it's happened many times.