What's The Point of Rooting/Modding Your Android?

aXiom

Maximized Potential
Daps
Reppin
Parc fermé

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
You obviously have no idea what you're talking about, quit trying to drop knowledge, you might end up fukking up someone's phone.

I looked at him dropping knowledge and was like :damn: . A couple of dudes are going to have to dig out their g1's after bricking :laff:

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
Get this on your phone. It is what I have on my infuse:

[Firmware][ICS]UNOFFICIAL CM9 for the Infuse 4G (06/27/2012) - xda-developers

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
Yeah but look at this shyt:

What is partially working:
Camera (flash is flaky - if it's not working, change its settings in the Camera app and it may start working)
Car dock audio (possibly desk dock too, untested) - Some issues with ringtone playback when docked - This is native dock audio, not using the Car Dock Redirector app workaround. Thanks go to StevenHarperUK of the GT-I9100 community for reworking CM9's dock audio code to permit this to work.
Wifi - It frequently loses connection when the device is asleep. Most likely needs some SDHCI driver tweaks to match the N7000 wifi driver.
Wifi Direct - A little glitchy but mostly working with I777/N7000. Won't talk to a P7510 (Tab 10.1) though.
Bluetooth - A2DP (music) and SCO (call audio) now works. However BT power management (LPM) is currently disabled, so BT may eat your battery when on.

:birdman:

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
How in the fukk do you set default apps?

The bar at the bottom that says phone, email, web, apps etc. i almost never click on half of those shyts.

Rohiggidy

The Big League
Daps
Reppin
New York
You obviously have no idea what you're talking about, quit trying to drop knowledge, you might end up fukking up someone's phone.

you are retarded :umad:

if he cant delete facebook then the phone maker installed facebook as a system app aka bloatware. He has to root and use titanium back up remove the app dikkhead.

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
you are retarded :umad:

if he cant delete facebook then the phone maker installed facebook as a system app aka bloatware. He has to root and use titanium back up remove the app dikkhead.
Thanks. Downloaded Titanium Pro. Installing it now.

Daps
Reppin
The Ghetto of Oz
before I just received the gnex I had a tmo vibrant
that I rooted
shyt ran like greased lightning...I rooted it because neither Samsung nor tmobile gave a fukk about me and knew they sold me a piece of shyt device with no GPS

after I rooted it though it ran like a dream machine

I'll prolly keep my unlocked gnex for the next 2-3yrs or more thanks to the ability to root

Macallik86

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Did my first root on my +2 year old tablet. Definitely made mistakes along the way and had to read more than I expected. Even encountered the dreaded bootloop for a while. Total time was about 3-5 hours across a few days.

With that said, even tho my tablet stopped receiving 'official' updates, I flashed Android 12 thru LineageOS. Moving forward, I don't think I will ever buy a mid-range device again, let alone a high-range device... I can just root a cheap workhorse device and call it a day :blessed:

Last edited:

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
Had a locked Samsung Galaxy Flip 3 and used this site’s app to unlock and reset it:

Although it unlocked the phone I was unable to go back into the boot menu which I thought was suspicious so I will investigate some more. I gave the phone away after that cause it’s still locked to another phone service and can’t be activated. It can still be used for everything else though.

Found a locked Samsung Galaxy S22 gonna document my progress here cause I actually barely remember what I did two months ago.

Last edited: